PET results in

Options
PamPam2
PamPam2 Member Posts: 370 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Well, met with my doctor today per results of PET, mammogram, ultrasound, and CT. The lesion that showed on my liver did not "light up" on the PET. My oncologist is sending me to a surgeon just for opinion on little lump underarm. One weird area behind shoulder blade they don't know what to make of that. Sent me over to hospital after appointment to get MRI with and without constrast to compare with CT, so she is being really thorough. I had visions of her sending me straight to James Cancer Center, so I am feeling a lot of releif. The day was hell though, I have my appt. card right in front of me, the time says 11:40. Sat in doctor's office 1 hour before receptionist said, You know your appointment is not till 1:40 don't you? So needless to say a long nervewracking day. Finally got home at 7:00 tonight. But like I said, it looks like I am not in dire straits at this time, just some things that need monitoring. Whew!! Best wishes to all Pam

Comments

• tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Wow
    Oh, my! That does sound like a long, crazy day. Why in the world didn't they tell you sooner that you were there way too early?

Sounds like you got good news, though! That's wonderful!!!

*Hugs*
    Gail
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Options
    tootsie1 said:

Wow
    Oh, my! That does sound like a long, crazy day. Why in the world didn't they tell you sooner that you were there way too early?

Sounds like you got good news, though! That's wonderful!!!

*Hugs*
    Gail

Wow....
    That sounds great Pam, always at least to check things through makes it even good.. I also go to the James, who's your doctor? I think they're great over there, the chemo nurses really are sweet.

Hope things stay in the clear!

~Donna
  • dixchi
    dixchi Member Posts: 431
    Options
    Shayenne said:

Wow....
    That sounds great Pam, always at least to check things through makes it even good.. I also go to the James, who's your doctor? I think they're great over there, the chemo nurses really are sweet.

~Donna

News
    glad to hear that you don't have anything to be concerned about so far.....
    all these blips can sure blow us out of the water......hang in there.

Barbara
  • PamPam2
    PamPam2 Member Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Shayenne said:

Wow....

~Donna

James
    Hi Donna
    I've never been to the James as of yet. I have an oncologist here in hometown, but since medicaid changed to HMO no surgeons in this town will take me now. If she thought I needed something done with my liver she was going to send me to James in Columbus as they are more specialized. Are you from Ohio too? I'm in Zanesville, about 45 miles east of Columbus. Our hospital here is affiliated with the James, but small and not specialized.
    Pam
  • Shayenne
    Options
    PamPam2 said:

James
    Hi Donna
    I've never been to the James as of yet. I have an oncologist here in hometown, but since medicaid changed to HMO no surgeons in this town will take me now. If she thought I needed something done with my liver she was going to send me to James in Columbus as they are more specialized. Are you from Ohio too? I'm in Zanesville, about 45 miles east of Columbus. Our hospital here is affiliated with the James, but small and not specialized.
    Pam

Hi Pam!
    My husband grew up in Columbus, I am actually from New York, we live here in Middleport, Ohio now which is Southeast Ohio..about 2 hours from Columbus, we drive the 2 hours back and forth for appointments, because I don't trust the other hospitals around here, and the James has a very good reputation, I think you'll like it, if you ever have to go there. My daughter's friend had Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma and was treated there when she in the 5th grade, just a few years ago, and she loved it, they cleared her, and she's been good ever since. Maybe one day we'll bump into each other at The James :)
  • krystiesq
    krystiesq Member Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Shayenne said:

Hi Pam!
    My husband grew up in Columbus, I am actually from New York, we live here in Middleport, Ohio now which is Southeast Ohio..about 2 hours from Columbus, we drive the 2 hours back and forth for appointments, because I don't trust the other hospitals around here, and the James has a very good reputation, I think you'll like it, if you ever have to go there. My daughter's friend had Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma and was treated there when she in the 5th grade, just a few years ago, and she loved it, they cleared her, and she's been good ever since. Maybe one day we'll bump into each other at The James :)

James
    Hey donna! My mom goes to the James. She has been since September of last year. Maybe we will run into you. I go with her to every appointment, chemo, etc.
  • Shayenne
    Options
    krystiesq said:

James
    Hey donna! My mom goes to the James. She has been since September of last year. Maybe we will run into you. I go with her to every appointment, chemo, etc.

Hey girl!
    I'm there every other Wednesday, will be there tomorrow afternoon! that be cool to run into you and your mom sometime! who's her doctor? we should even do lunch sometime, my husband goes with me to my appointments :)
  • krystiesq
    krystiesq Member Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Shayenne said:

Hey girl!
    I'm there every other Wednesday, will be there tomorrow afternoon! that be cool to run into you and your mom sometime! who's her doctor? we should even do lunch sometime, my husband goes with me to my appointments :)

Mom
    My mom goes every third wednesday. she will be there on the 4th next. Dr. Kosuri is the name of her doctor. Looks like maybe sometime in March the appointments might line up.
  • Shayenne
    Options
    krystiesq said:

Mom
    My mom goes every third wednesday. she will be there on the 4th next. Dr. Kosuri is the name of her doctor. Looks like maybe sometime in March the appointments might line up.

Awesome...
    Dr. Kosuri is also my doctor :)

But I seem to go every 2nd and 4th Wednesday..my next appt is Mar 11, man, I miss yas by a week :(