Happy Monday morning

Options
2»

Comments

• mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options

Mimi, I don't know when you
    Mimi, I don't know when you took that picture, but you are getting more beautiful! love, Joyce

Thanks!
    I wish that were a recent picture! I believe I took it last year, before all this nonsense.
  • mimivac
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

Bubble baths and netflix
    Hey, Mimi - Just checking in to say: Hurray! 4 down. Halfway through. I am curious about your Netflix choices too. I have Miller's Crossing right now. Best, best wishes. Lynn

Movies
    I am on a stupid comedy movie kick. I can't seem to watch anything serious these days. I used to watch a lot of depressing french films, but now I am all about "Sex and the City" and its ilk. I like beautiful set decoration and clothes, just fluffy things I guess. Miller's Crossing is a good movie, but way too serious for me right now! I have High Fidelity coming in the mail today.

Mimi
  • mimivac
    Options

Hi Mikes Sunshine!
    You are right 501 was a little scary! I too find my blood sugars very hard to regulate when on the steroids. They have recently given me the instant insulin(Novolog) to use only when on the steroids before, during and after chemo..I used that yesterday and it brought it dowm immediately. Spent the afternoon and evening in Emergency Room..but at least they let me come home!!! You were right the high blood sugars were because of an infection.

Home
    Very glad to hear you are out of the emergency room and back home. Please rest comfortably and let your body heal.

Mimi
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

Third can be hard
    I had a hard time as well, Jackie. I think for some people the effects accumulate somewhat. It is so hard to keep your spirits up when you feel physically ill and uncomfortable, isn't it? During the third one, I felt like I was crawling out of a dark tunnel. But the feelings eventually lifted and I recovered. You will, too. I know it is so hard. I am lucky with work -- they are very flexible. I usually take off the Friday of my infusion, plus Monday and Tuesday. Then I work at home Wednesday through Friday and return full time to the office on weeks 2 and 3. So far, I have been able to completely recover each time. But, man this isn't easy. Are you feeling better today, Jackie? You are crawling out into the light, I just know it.

Mimi

crawling out
    Mimi, you are right it is day 6 and i am feeling a little better my throat is getting better but i certainly will give the mouthwash a try..this seems to bother me every time. When i get into these funks i just want to hide..and close up and not talk to anyone..or go anywhere. I am so glad i have sweet sisters like you to help pull me back into the light. This encouragement means more than anything. I am going to actually get out of my pj's today and get out..even just for a little while.
    I also look forward to my Netflix. I just watched THE WOMEN and it made me laugh. I hope you have a good day and thanks.
    God Bless
    Jackie
  • rjjj
    Options

Hi Mikes Sunshine!
    You are right 501 was a little scary! I too find my blood sugars very hard to regulate when on the steroids. They have recently given me the instant insulin(Novolog) to use only when on the steroids before, during and after chemo..I used that yesterday and it brought it dowm immediately. Spent the afternoon and evening in Emergency Room..but at least they let me come home!!! You were right the high blood sugars were because of an infection.

Hi Sausageroll
    I am happy that you were on the ball and nipped the infection in the bud..and that you got to go home. Hope you have a much better day today.
    God Bless
    Jackie
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    Options
    mimivac said:

Movies
    I am on a stupid comedy movie kick. I can't seem to watch anything serious these days. I used to watch a lot of depressing french films, but now I am all about "Sex and the City" and its ilk. I like beautiful set decoration and clothes, just fluffy things I guess. Miller's Crossing is a good movie, but way too serious for me right now! I have High Fidelity coming in the mail today.

Mimi

Another thing
    Jacqui, I forgot to say, that soon now you will know your body's schedule after infusion. So there may be really bad days when you have a job to get out of bed, but you will probably get to know those days in the month, when you are able to do more. Make the very most of those..don't do anything for anybody else(unless that makes you happy)and let your body and mind get itself back together.
    I wish you well. Hopefully you will get some medication to take care of that depression.
  • Mikes Sunshine
    Mikes Sunshine Member Posts: 129
    Options

Another thing
    Jacqui, I forgot to say, that soon now you will know your body's schedule after infusion. So there may be really bad days when you have a job to get out of bed, but you will probably get to know those days in the month, when you are able to do more. Make the very most of those..don't do anything for anybody else(unless that makes you happy)and let your body and mind get itself back together.
    I wish you well. Hopefully you will get some medication to take care of that depression.

Sausage
    I am so glad you were able to go home. There's no place like home. I hope you willbe feeling much better tomorrow. I take Lantus for my insulin. I take one injection that last for 24 hours. I also have to take pills twice a day. I am glad the extra insulin is helping you. They have not changed anything for me yet but as I mentioned the steriods really raised my blood sugar so I will keep a close eye on it this time. I go on Friday for my chemo. I will keep you in my thoughts. Love, Nancy
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    mimivac said:

Movies

Mimi

Hurray for stupid comedies
    I am at the tail end of a Will Farrell ( Stranger than Fiction and Blades of Glory) ...Ben Stiller...Jim Carrey kick. Finally saw "There's Something About Mary."

It seems like I've seen High Fidelity, but can't place it. I know the book is by Nick Hornby, a writer that makes me laugh out loud (especially "How to Be Good"). Oh, I remember. The record store...Chicago (where I grew up). John Cusack. Have you seen "Being John Malkovich?" It's with John Cusack and is macabrely (is that a word?) funny.

I do love Netflix and watching movies; it's like getting to dream wide awake.

Lynn
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

mouth sores
    Moopy and Jackie,

Have you tried Caphosol for mouth sores? It is a preventative gargle that is tasteless. I use it every night and have not had mouth sores since my first infusion (knock on wood).

As for pain with Neulasta, my doctor recommended the allergy medication Claritin the night before the shot. It did seem to have helped this time. I still had aches and pains but they were not as awful as last time. Moopy we have pain because our bone marrow is very strong. Cold comfort, I know!

Mimi

Thanks for Tips and Advice
    I will ask onc. nurse about getting the mouthwash--baking soda/salt not working fully-- and will look for Claritin, too. What I would do without the information and support so generously given on this board I do not know!
  • rjjj
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Thanks for Tips and Advice
    I will ask onc. nurse about getting the mouthwash--baking soda/salt not working fully-- and will look for Claritin, too. What I would do without the information and support so generously given on this board I do not know!

Moopy and Mimi
    just had to pop in and let you know how much i like your new photo's you are both so beautiful..inside and out!!! have a great day!
    Jackie