Get Port tomorrow

Options
gerrico1216
gerrico1216 Member Posts: 41
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Good Morning all, I get my port in tomorrow. Will find Wed. anout treatments. A little scared. Will keep you posted. Thank you this site is wonderful.

Comments

• sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    Options
    Good Luck
    Good Luck Jerrico. Don't worry too much...just take each bit one step at a time.
    Thinking of you tomorrow.
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Options
    Good morning Gerrico.
    Good morning Gerrico. Getting your port in is no biggie. It is a very minor surgery.
    Of course you are a little scared. You are facing the unknown (to you). As sausage said one step at a time, and I say live in the moment. So many of us here have been through chemo. We are proof that it is doable. You have a hard road ahead of you but you will do fine. Keep your eye on the light at the end of the tunnell.

You have come to a good place for support,encouragement and to vent when you need to. Do keep us posted. We are always here for you.

Hugs
    Jadie
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Goodmorning Gerrico
    Your port should only be sore for about a week, and this is a short time in comparrison of all the poking it will save you. I love mine. I can get my weekly blood draws and my treatment infusions through it. What an improvement from the past..and the nightmare of trying to find veins etc.
    I wish you all the luck in the world and keep posting..let us know how you are doing. You will find so much support here.
    God Bless
    Jackie
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Wishing You Well
    Hi Gerrico, just wanted to add my best wishes and support to all the others here. The actual port procedure was short and caused more soreness than actual pain. I would just pay attention to the instruction sheet that you get from the doctor and be sure to ask any questions you may have, and you will be fine. The port does take a little getting used to if you are thin--mine sticks out a bit since I don't have much cushion! I can also tell you that once your treatment is laid out, you may feel less fearful--less of the unknown out there. For me and my husband, the worst anxiety was before treatments were explained, set up, and started. Now we know the routine--not one we would have chosen or one that is at all pleasent--but still a routine. And there is comfort in that.

Keep in touch and let us know how it goes. Will be thinking of you tomorrow.