Liver and colon resection done!

Options
mom_2_3
mom_2_3 Member Posts: 953 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
It was pretty nerve-wracking leading up to surgery but I am glad to say the surgery is now behind me.

The liver surgeon said there were no additional tumors other than the ones onf the CT scan. He removed the whole left lobe and wedge of the right taking away a total of 40% of the liver. All clear margins.

The colon surgeon said there was no sign of peritoneal mets or problems with ovaries/tubes so that was also good news. He said he also got good margins and I didn't need the ileostomy. He just came in to see me and I already had my own pajamas on and was standing up so he said I am fast-tracking but he warned me to stay away from heavy food for 3 weeks or so. I'm glad I love Campbell's chicken noodle soup!

My liver surgeon actually said I was now NED but I don't dare to use the same term. Onward now to 6-7 months of FULFURI (I think) and FUDR in my liver pump. Thanks to everyone for their prayers for my surgery. I felt like I was being held on the wings of angels.

Amy

Comments

• dixchi
    dixchi Member Posts: 431
    Options
    GREAT NEWS
    ....so happy for you that the surgery is over and went well...
    it is scarey when they start messing with the liver.....I had
    liver resection in July 08 and chemo afterwards and right now
    am NED.......hope your chemo goes speedily and without too
    many hitches...
    Barbara
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    great news, Amy!
    So glad the surgery and recovery has gone so well and that everyone was able to get clean margins! Take it easy and be strong for the road of recovery ahead!
    mary
  • msccolon said:

great news, Amy!
    So glad the surgery and recovery has gone so well and that everyone was able to get clean margins! Take it easy and be strong for the road of recovery ahead!
    mary

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Options
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

YAY!!!
    Excellent news! I am so happy for you, hope you are NED forever as well, I have a large tumor in my liver as well, and just started chemo, this gives me hope that there is something they can do for my liver! that truly scares me! thanks for sharing and Get Well Soon!

~Donna