what a morning...

Options
GreeneyedGirl
GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I couldn't wait to get home to "vent" to my sista's (and bro's too).....today was routine mammo day on the healthy breast. I had been feeling anxious most of the week about it. No reason, just that underlying feeling. So, they take a couple images....and I wait...and here they come...we need a closer image....(i dread those words)....and had to wait till a room opened up...so I got my cell phone and called my hubby for reinforcements (guys aren't allowed in the back) and we talked, prayed. So the closer image shows a calcification in or near scar tissue from the breast reduction a year and a half ago. Whew! Not the same as the micro-calcifications in the other breast that showed cancer. We monitor for 6 mo and will scan again in june. I see my breast surgeon in 2 weeks for the follow up, as usual. But, man what a morning it was. I am exhausted! I need chocolate! Can you feel my pain!
Thanks for letting me vent, I feel better, and the day isn't over-the sun is shining and it feels warm on my face!
Melanie

Comments

• mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Whew!
    I'm glad it was fairly good news, Melanie. Now, rest easy, kick your feet up and have a nice dinner with your husband. I am happy for you.

Mimi
  • dbs1673
    dbs1673 Member Posts: 203
    Options
    Feeling it!
    Isn't the anticipation enough to suck your energy dry! Thanks goodness for reinforcements. Here's to great husbands and LOTS of chocolate!!!
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    Breathing a sigh of relief
    Sorry your day was so stressful, but I am glad it was not bad news. Ever since my first cancer mammos always cause me dread. Relax and enjoy the sunshine, sending hugs your way!
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Thank God
    It is so sad we have to always have that worry in the back of our mind. What a relief! i am going to get the chocolate and celebrate with you
    God Bless
    Jackie
  • GreeneyedGirl
    Options
    rjjj said:

Thank God
    It is so sad we have to always have that worry in the back of our mind. What a relief! i am going to get the chocolate and celebrate with you
    God Bless
    Jackie

Thanks girls!
    As the day has progressed on, I am thankful the news was good--I need to rejoice in the news that it is something to watch--rejoice I WILL.
    It is such a relief to know that others (you all) know the anxiety and fears that rise up during these times. Not everyone understands-you all do and comfort me with your words.
    Thank you so much.
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    I hope you enjoyed the
    I hope you enjoyed the sunshine and the Chocolates. Here's to good news. Woohooo!!! Hugs, Lili
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    (((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))
    As Tom Petty sang: "The Waiting is the hardest part"!!!!! Sad to say, it doesn't really get much easier. But the appointments at least get farther and farther apart, and that's a Good Thing!

Eat chocolate, drink a glass of red wine, snuggle with the one you love...RELAX!!!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options

Thanks girls!
    As the day has progressed on, I am thankful the news was good--I need to rejoice in the news that it is something to watch--rejoice I WILL.
    It is such a relief to know that others (you all) know the anxiety and fears that rise up during these times. Not everyone understands-you all do and comfort me with your words.
    Thank you so much.

Hope you are enjoying Chocolate this Evening, too
    So glad to hear of your good news. I definitely know the anxiety that comes with any test nowadays, and the value of celebrating every time the results are not what was feared. Wishing you more sunshine, chocolates(my thinking is can't have too much of those, especially when you can actually taste them) and, most of all, more good test results.
  • GreeneyedGirl
    Options
    chenheart said:

(((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))
    As Tom Petty sang: "The Waiting is the hardest part"!!!!! Sad to say, it doesn't really get much easier. But the appointments at least get farther and farther apart, and that's a Good Thing!

Eat chocolate, drink a glass of red wine, snuggle with the one you love...RELAX!!!

Hugs,
    Claudia

Its all good
    You all make me smile with all your encouragement. In my younger days I saw Tom Petty in concert....ahh the memories. Thank goodness I still have my mind! (most days).
    Hugs back to you all.
    M
  • CHERYL25671
    CHERYL25671 Member Posts: 20
    Options

Its all good
    You all make me smile with all your encouragement. In my younger days I saw Tom Petty in concert....ahh the memories. Thank goodness I still have my mind! (most days).
    Hugs back to you all.
    M

congrats
    congrats very good news God is awesome isnt he i have mammo the 11th march prayers always
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

So glad to hear of your good news. I definitely know the anxiety that comes with any test nowadays, and the value of celebrating every time the results are not what was feared. Wishing you more sunshine, chocolates(my thinking is can't have too much of those, especially when you can actually taste them) and, most of all, more good test results.

Moopy and Jackie!!! I love it!
    Just had to pop in on this thread for a moment to let you know that your pic made me feel so happy! you are both so darling and remind me of sunshine and warmth...and sisterly love. Tell Jackie from this Jackie it was very nice to meet her, and i am glad she is there for you .God Bless her heart and yours!!
    Hugs to you both
    Jackie
  • peggy65
    peggy65 Member Posts: 100
    Options

Its all good
    Hugs back to you all.
    M

i just got on today. so
    i just got on today. so YEAH! i am convinced that this waiting stuff is a learning thing. but what a drag. so glad to got good news. love, peggy
  • peggy65
    peggy65 Member Posts: 100
    Options

congrats
    congrats very good news God is awesome isnt he i have mammo the 11th march prayers always

yes, prayers for you. we
    yes, prayers for you. we just have to put one foot in front of the other. hugs, peggy
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Hey Lisa , I hope you and
    Hey Lisa , I hope you and Jackie are enjoying this time together. I love the picture. Hugs, Lili