Next Step

Options
dbs1673
dbs1673 Member Posts: 203
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I finally got the news that I am ready to move forward with reconstruction. I had a double mas in June with the expanders placed at that time. I finished radiation in October and finally got the green light yesterday that I can get my implants!! I can't wait to get rid of my chest rocks and trade them in for something soft. That being said, I am anxious about the procedure and recovery. The dr assures me it won't be as bad as the first surgery and I'm sure it won't but I need some feedback ladies. I'm wondering how much time to take off from work. I am a juvenile probation officer so nothing physical in my job. I do have plenty of sick time and since I've earned it, I won't hesitate to use it. I need some tips, suggestions and a bit of assurance that even though I sometimes feel like I'm starting all over again it's going to be OK.

Comments

• young_one
    young_one Member Posts: 67
    Options
    My exchange will be on the
    My exchange will be on the 11th of March. It will be an outpatient procedure and I have never heard of anyone having any major problems and the vast majority go right back to work.

But I say milk it for all it's worth and enjoy a few days off. What does anyone at work know about getting new boobs? For all they know it is an intense recovery. Call it Foob-ternity Leave. You should stay home and bond with the girls. :D
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    I agree with Young_One.
    I agree with Young_One. Milk it girl for all it's worth. Stop and smell the roses and just relax if you have the time. We're all anxious about the unknown, but look at it this way..... it can't be any worse that we've already been through. At least now, you are getting new girls. Good luck to you and let us know when you're going in. Hugs, Lili
  • neda
    neda Member Posts: 36
    Options
    young_one said:

My exchange will be on the
    My exchange will be on the 11th of March. It will be an outpatient procedure and I have never heard of anyone having any major problems and the vast majority go right back to work.

But I say milk it for all it's worth and enjoy a few days off. What does anyone at work know about getting new boobs? For all they know it is an intense recovery. Call it Foob-ternity Leave. You should stay home and bond with the girls. :D

how can be sure the oncologist making the best chice for treatme
    Hi,
    you are very young. I am 46 and have been wating for a better life for my entire life. here I am now, dinding myseld with cancer. I live far away fro my family for years. have not tooo many freinds, and still haven't learn how to cpe with this, unless thinking about the fact that it coud be worse if I didn't go to a mammogram. My tumor was very small and DCIS. the tumor and lymp nodes were removed and thankfully lymp nods were not involved. I have a radiation coming up for 33 days.I am wondering if this is the best choice my oncologist made for me.

wish you a full recovery soon. remember relying in God and having faith on him is ht enumber one treatment.

have a nice day,

Neda.