It is more blessed to give than to receive....

Options
jel1940
jel1940 Member Posts: 29
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
It is so difficult to understand that sometimes we have to be the gracious receiver and not the giver. It is very easy to give...it takes humility to receive. One thing I learned through this cancer nonsense is that if there is no one who will accept a blessing...then the Blessers, the ones sent to bless, are left empty-hearted, empty-handed without a Blessee! The Lord allowed me to have colon cancer to be a witness to others that we can survive even cancer with God's help. He showed me that at certain times in our lives we need to be gracious Blessees. It was a long, hard lesson for me to learn and accept. I was unreasonably angry with God, but He was lovingly patient with me. I had a hemicolectomy 3+ with no node involvement, no chemo and no rads. I am now almost two years cancer-free. I am very open to receive all the blessings the Lord has to offer and pass them on to other Blessers and Blessees.

Signed: Jude,a Humbled Blessee.

Comments

• kimby
    kimby Member Posts: 797
    Options
    Ain't that the truth!
    Jude,

What you say is so true! I have had to humble myself to accept help, to ask for help, and be gracious. I have been so very blessed by family, friends and sometimes....strangers! I am extremely grateful and yet, it is so overwhelmingly difficult to accept. *I'm* not the one that needs that! It's my job to help others. Oh yeah, I forgot about that whole canzer thing...maybe I qualify. Ick. Keep the faith.

Kimby
  • neon356
    neon356 Member Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hey Jude,
    I don't

Hey Jude,
    I don't want to start a religious argument on this group,that's not it's purpose, but not everyone here may share your sentiments. Personally I don't believe that God gave me cancer as a lesson to me or to anyone else. Would your sentiments have been the same not too very long ago when getting colon cancer was a death sentence? Modern medicine and my own determination got me through this, and those still struggling to make it through this horror shouldn't be made to feel guilty that their cancer was a result of displeasing God.
    I'll hop off my soapbox now. ...Carl
  • jel1940
    jel1940 Member Posts: 29
    Options
    neon356 said:

Hey Jude,
    I don't

Hey Jude,
    I don't want to start a religious argument on this group,that's not it's purpose, but not everyone here may share your sentiments. Personally I don't believe that God gave me cancer as a lesson to me or to anyone else. Would your sentiments have been the same not too very long ago when getting colon cancer was a death sentence? Modern medicine and my own determination got me through this, and those still struggling to make it through this horror shouldn't be made to feel guilty that their cancer was a result of displeasing God.
    I'll hop off my soapbox now. ...Carl

God didn't give me cancer...
    Hi Carl,

You missed my point. I didn't say God inflicted me with cancer...I said He allowed me to have cancer to use the experience to encourage others. I am very much alive. Would I have a different attitude if it was a death sentence? Who knows what tomorrow will bring...could be another bout with cancer. Will I be upset...you bet. Will I curse and blame God...not likely. I'm sorry if I offended you. It was not my purpose and I'm sorry about that.

Another point, what in our society today can we get a unanimous agreement on??? Health? Medicine? God? Politics? Cancer treatments? Etc, etc, etc.

I'll hop off my soapbox too...can you help me down??? ;-)

Jude