Back to Erbitux/Finger issues

Options
PhillieG
PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Do all of you who suffer from the split fingers find that it seems to run in cycles or do your cases have it where your fingers are bad all of the time?
Mine runs in cycles.
Thanks
~phil

Comments

• confused1
    confused1 Member Posts: 50
    Options
    Cracked finger's
    I have more problem's with my feet Phil. But the times I have had problem's with my finger's now that you mention it it only happen's once in awhile so I guess I would call that a cycle. And they usually alway's get cracked on the side of the finger where the cutical is. And they get pretty deep. So, yes I would say it run's in cycles. Thnak u for mentioning it on here. I have been wondering about the feet also.
    I hope u get the answer's u need. Take Care Colleen
  • PhillieG
    Options
    confused1 said:

Cracked finger's
    I have more problem's with my feet Phil. But the times I have had problem's with my finger's now that you mention it it only happen's once in awhile so I guess I would call that a cycle. And they usually alway's get cracked on the side of the finger where the cutical is. And they get pretty deep. So, yes I would say it run's in cycles. Thnak u for mentioning it on here. I have been wondering about the feet also.

hands and feet
    My fingers seem to go in weekly cycles. I get many a few days a month where I have no cuts on my fingers, that's about it. I try all sorts of lotions and potions but they heal when they want to heal.

I used one product for cracked feet on my feet a few times but while the feet get dry, they don't crack as bad as the hands. I tend to get more toenail issues which is common with Erbitux I am told.

Good luck with your feet Colleen
    -phil
  • PhillieG
    Options
    confused1 said:

Cracked finger's

opps!

opps!
  • claud1951
    claud1951 Member Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Phil,
    I am no longer on

Phil,

I am no longer on chemo, but when I was on Xeloda, the skin on my hands just pealed off. My whole hand. I really think that I was on to high of a dose. I went off of it after 4 rounds.

Had more trouble with hand instead of feet but I always use Eucrin Cream with cotten gloves.
    Hot water is not good for you hands or feet.

That's about all I can say about Xeloda and me!

good luck and keep your energy for moving forward!

Claudia
    Stage 3 Colon.
    NED for 1 year now (I really think it's 2 years cause I had surgery 2 years ago)!
  • PhillieG
    Options
    claud1951 said:

Phil,
    I am no longer on

Phil,

I am no longer on chemo, but when I was on Xeloda, the skin on my hands just pealed off. My whole hand. I really think that I was on to high of a dose. I went off of it after 4 rounds.

Had more trouble with hand instead of feet but I always use Eucrin Cream with cotten gloves.
    Hot water is not good for you hands or feet.

That's about all I can say about Xeloda and me!

good luck and keep your energy for moving forward!

Claudia
    Stage 3 Colon.
    NED for 1 year now (I really think it's 2 years cause I had surgery 2 years ago)!

Hi Claudia
    I'm glad you are doing well and are now NED. I tried the Eucrin for a tube. They all help a little but I've found that when the fingers want to split, they split and there is nothing I can do about it. Thank you for your input.
    -phil
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    PhillieG said:

Hi Claudia
    I'm glad you are doing well and are now NED. I tried the Eucrin for a tube. They all help a little but I've found that when the fingers want to split, they split and there is nothing I can do about it. Thank you for your input.
    -phil

liquid bandade
    My husband finger tips cracked also from that chemo drug the liquid bandade helped him alot give it a try,local drug store

michelle
  • PhillieG
    Options

liquid bandade
    My husband finger tips cracked also from that chemo drug the liquid bandade helped him alot give it a try,local drug store

michelle

liquid band aid
    I've used the liquid band aid and even crazy glue to glue the cracks together again. Didn't really work that well. Thanks for the input though