Options
2»

Comments

• Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    sunnygirl said:

One down, seven to go!!!
    Thanks to all of you for those great words--my first infusion went very well. I had the BEST infusion nurse in the world--so patient and calm and GENTLE!!! No nausea yet, I've been home for about 3 hrs now--had some toast and a banana and have been drinking lots of water (and peeing orange-yuck!). Back tomorrow for the neulastin shot. I can't tell you how much it means to have this support(hubbie and family are terrific), but you guys have BEEN HERE.
    Love and hugs,
    Sunnygirl(I guess the blond hair goes in about three weeks)
    p.s. I saw someone use one of those polar caps in the infusion room today. It requires lots and lots of dry ice, but it must be working, she had a full head of very long haie!!

So Glad your first treatment went well!
    Hi, Sunnygirl, I also just found your post. I found that the subsequent treatment (I have my 3rd on Friday) was easier than the first. I know more what to expect now. It sounds like your fist one went very well, and that is wonderful and bodes well for your future treatments. The Nulasta shot does cause some bone/muschle pain, sort of like the flu, but the degree varies from person to person.

Please keep in touch, and don't hesitate to ask questions here. The ladies here are a godsent.
  • sunnygirl
    sunnygirl Member Posts: 57 Member
    Options

! down
    Sunnygirl, I am so glad your first infusion is done, The not knowing what will happen is very hard. I had my first one on Feb.6. I never got nausous from the treatment but very tired and no energy. I took Emend on the day of reatmentand they gave me Zofran in theIV. I also took Decadron for 3 days aferward and Ativan and Compazine. I slept alot thefirst few days. I don't think I will use the compazine next time just the ativan. Just keep in mind whatever happens it is only temporary and you will feel better. Lov, Nancy

a question
    Today is day 3 after my first AC chemo. Yesterday I had the neulasta shot. Today, my face and upper body are bright red--no fever. Anyone experience this??
    Sunnygirl
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    sunnygirl said:

a question
    Today is day 3 after my first AC chemo. Yesterday I had the neulasta shot. Today, my face and upper body are bright red--no fever. Anyone experience this??
    Sunnygirl

Rash
    Sunnygirl,

I have not experienced this, but I think this might warrant a call to your doctor. A rash can be indicative of an allertic reaction to either chemo or a side effect to the neulasta shot. From the Neulasta website:

Some side effects can be serious. If you experience any of these symptoms, call your doctor immediately:

pain in the left upper part of the stomach or the tip of your left shoulder
    fever
    shortness of breath
    trouble breathing
    fast breathing
    wheezing
    dizziness
    sweating
    hives
    rash
    itching
    swelling around the mouth or eyes

It is probably temporary, but your doctor should know how you are reacting so she can take measures if there is a problem. Please let us know.

Mimi
  • Derbygirl
    Derbygirl Member Posts: 198
    Options
    sunnygirl said:

a question
    Sunnygirl

No redness of the skin for
    No redness of the skin for me following Neulasta injections and I can't remember that being a common side effect. Injection site reactions include redness. Maybe yours is an allergic reaction to the drug? I'd call your doctor.
  • sunnygirl
    sunnygirl Member Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Derbygirl said:

No redness of the skin for
    No redness of the skin for me following Neulasta injections and I can't remember that being a common side effect. Injection site reactions include redness. Maybe yours is an allergic reaction to the drug? I'd call your doctor.

Thanks Mimi and Derby Girl. Ill give them a call.
    Sunnygirl
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    sunnygirl said:

a question
    Sunnygirl

Goodmorning Sunnygirl
    I do not get the shot of neulasta as my labs have been good so far..(knock on wood) ..but my oncologist did warn me that my face would become flushed and red,,and it did day2-5 it would come and go. I guess this is normal and went away as quickly as it appeared. Nothing to be alarmed about. hope all else is going well,
    God Bless
    Jackie
  • Jan_M
    Jan_M Member Posts: 116
    Options
    sunnygirl said:

a question
    Sunnygirl

Rash
    I had like a sunburn, I thought it was normal, it went away in a couple of days. I am not sure if it was the chemo or neulestra. (?)
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Jan_M said:

Rash
    I had like a sunburn, I thought it was normal, it went away in a couple of days. I am not sure if it was the chemo or neulestra. (?)

Rash
    Tell the doctor, it may be an allergic reaction to either the neulasta, nausea medicine (if they put any in your iv) or one of the chemo drugs. Or.... it may be nothing. But err to be on the safe side. Hugs, Lili