Happy Belated Valentines Day to you Ladies.......

Options
Buzzard
Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I am very sorry for not coming in here yesterday and wishing all of our girls in here a very Happy Valentines Day !!!.....I hope all of your wishes come true and that it was a very good day for you all...We all love ya and may God Bless each and every one of you...Have a very Special weekend............. :-)

Comments

• VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    Options
    Right Back atcha!
    Thanks Buzzard! Yesterday was a little rough...trying to regulate this bowel movement thing and not having a lot of success... overall it was good. My grandbabies sent me an email valentine and will visit today, so life is good...

Your bud - Vicki
  • dixchi
    dixchi Member Posts: 431
    Options
    Back to You
    A Valentine back to you, Buzzard......so sweet of you to remember us.
    Don't know about your weather in Kentucky but Cincinnati has been
    having a "SPRING BURST"......we actually got up to 60s and the sun is
    shining more and I got out and took a great walk in nearby park......lots
    of trees down....and the reall spring is not far behind and daylight savings
    time......hooray.....I am beginning to come alive myself.
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options
    why thank you
    why thank you Buzz and a belated happy V to you. Hang in there Vicki....it takes awhile post surgery to get things purring again :) but you will.

best to all
    Mags
  • CherylHutch
    CherylHutch Member Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Happy V-Day back to you,
    Happy V-Day back to you, Buzz! I know it's only February and way too early to get too excited about the weather... but this weekend has been a gorgeous sunny weekend! Not summer material yet , but it's just great to see the sun and be able to go outside and not get wet :)

I hope you are having a good Valentines weekend yourself!

Huggggggs,

Cheryl
  • confused1
    confused1 Member Posts: 50
    Options
    Same to You
    I don't know u buzzard but I want to thank you to. It is very nice of u. But I have been finding out evryone here are so, so very nice. God bless u all!!
    Thanks again Colleen. From Wisconsin
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    confused1 said:

Same to You
    I don't know u buzzard but I want to thank you to. It is very nice of u. But I have been finding out evryone here are so, so very nice. God bless u all!!
    Thanks again Colleen. From Wisconsin

Well...
    Colleen, Im Clift Powers Now we know each other...again Happy Valentines Weekend.......
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Aw, thanks!
    Hey, Buzz.

Hope you had a good Valentine weekend yourself! Bill and I went to dinner last night and had a lovely time. Unfortunately he realized he was coming down with a stomach virus and was quite ill last night and today. I was fine, but lonely.

You're a honey to remember the ladies. I bet you're very sweet to your wife!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Options
    tootsie1 said:

Aw, thanks!
    Hey, Buzz.

Hope you had a good Valentine weekend yourself! Bill and I went to dinner last night and had a lovely time. Unfortunately he realized he was coming down with a stomach virus and was quite ill last night and today. I was fine, but lonely.

You're a honey to remember the ladies. I bet you're very sweet to your wife!

*hugs*
    Gail

Happy Valentines Day!
    Happy Valentines day to you also Buzzard and others here, I didn't get in here for a couple days now, seems to be having a case of lghtheadedness or something..but feeling ok today :)

Must take over a week till you feel ok after chemo.. blah!

Kisses all!
    ~Donna
  • CherylHutch
    CherylHutch Member Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Shayenne said:

Happy Valentines Day!
    Happy Valentines day to you also Buzzard and others here, I didn't get in here for a couple days now, seems to be having a case of lghtheadedness or something..but feeling ok today :)

Must take over a week till you feel ok after chemo.. blah!

Kisses all!
    ~Donna

Feeling ok
    Hey Donna... I just thought I'd add... you say it must take over a week till you feel ok after chemo. Again, everyone is different but most people do notice a similar pattern to their chemo regime every time... with no two regimes being the same.

Now, having said that... one of two things can also happen :) The first couple of treatments may appear a bit harsh because your body is fighting this strange, nasty stuff you are putting into it... but then, it settles down and realizes that this is going to happen on a regular basis and it's almost like it gets used to it, so doesn't react as harshly as time goes on.

OR, as time goes on and more chemo is added every two weeks (or whichever schedule you are on), it's an accumulative effect... there's more and more chemo in your system so your side affects tend to have a longer and longer period of hanging around. Now, don't panic... that's not to say that you are going to feel AWFUL for longer and longer periods... but you might find certain side affects like the sensitivity to cold, or the neuropathy, or the achiness/fatigue may last a few more days than it did on the first couple of rounds.

Everyone's mileage will vary... but every time you finish a session, you are that much closer to not having to do them. I can't remember how many your oncologist told you you will be on, but let's say it's 12 sessions. At the beginning it seems overwhelming... 12 OF THESE TREATMENTS???? But look at the bright side... you've already don #1 and already are feeling cabin-fever and want to get out and go see a movie... or just get out of the house! The way I look at it... if you are feeling like you just want to get out and do something, then you have bounced back and you are going to sail through these :)

Hugggggs,

Cheryl
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Options

Feeling ok
    Hey Donna... I just thought I'd add... you say it must take over a week till you feel ok after chemo. Again, everyone is different but most people do notice a similar pattern to their chemo regime every time... with no two regimes being the same.

Now, having said that... one of two things can also happen :) The first couple of treatments may appear a bit harsh because your body is fighting this strange, nasty stuff you are putting into it... but then, it settles down and realizes that this is going to happen on a regular basis and it's almost like it gets used to it, so doesn't react as harshly as time goes on.

OR, as time goes on and more chemo is added every two weeks (or whichever schedule you are on), it's an accumulative effect... there's more and more chemo in your system so your side affects tend to have a longer and longer period of hanging around. Now, don't panic... that's not to say that you are going to feel AWFUL for longer and longer periods... but you might find certain side affects like the sensitivity to cold, or the neuropathy, or the achiness/fatigue may last a few more days than it did on the first couple of rounds.

Everyone's mileage will vary... but every time you finish a session, you are that much closer to not having to do them. I can't remember how many your oncologist told you you will be on, but let's say it's 12 sessions. At the beginning it seems overwhelming... 12 OF THESE TREATMENTS???? But look at the bright side... you've already don #1 and already are feeling cabin-fever and want to get out and go see a movie... or just get out of the house! The way I look at it... if you are feeling like you just want to get out and do something, then you have bounced back and you are going to sail through these :)

Hugggggs,

Cheryl

Thanks Cheryl!
    And all here, you're right, I couldn't feel too bad if I want to get out, I don't feel 100% and probably won't for awhile, but I know I want my kids to get out and do something as well, I feel bad having them watch me get sick, and they're all cooped up here, I need to get them out as well.

I feel so useless being like this, I couldn't even shop for their valentine's day stuff, hubby has been wonderful in doing everything, I don't know what I'm going to do once he goes back to work in April or May (he gets laid off in the winters) I feel bad not being able to do laundry, cook, clean and do things I need to get done, I was bawling like a baby about it yesterday, and hubby just comforted me saying his full time job right now is to get me better, and he'll do all he can, and I shouldn't feel so guilty.

I have FOLFIRI 12 treatments, twice a month, and hopefully the side effects won't accumulate or get worse, I don't think I could take any more. I really thought I was going to die before these treatments were over, it was that bad, the nausea..ugh!

I'm sure it could take over a week to feel ok...but as long as I feel better then I did getting chemo, then I'm ok feeling like this :)
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Shayenne said:

Thanks Cheryl!
    And all here, you're right, I couldn't feel too bad if I want to get out, I don't feel 100% and probably won't for awhile, but I know I want my kids to get out and do something as well, I feel bad having them watch me get sick, and they're all cooped up here, I need to get them out as well.

I feel so useless being like this, I couldn't even shop for their valentine's day stuff, hubby has been wonderful in doing everything, I don't know what I'm going to do once he goes back to work in April or May (he gets laid off in the winters) I feel bad not being able to do laundry, cook, clean and do things I need to get done, I was bawling like a baby about it yesterday, and hubby just comforted me saying his full time job right now is to get me better, and he'll do all he can, and I shouldn't feel so guilty.

I have FOLFIRI 12 treatments, twice a month, and hopefully the side effects won't accumulate or get worse, I don't think I could take any more. I really thought I was going to die before these treatments were over, it was that bad, the nausea..ugh!

I'm sure it could take over a week to feel ok...but as long as I feel better then I did getting chemo, then I'm ok feeling like this :)

the crying
    believe it or not, it might be a side effect of your treatments. I know if I would get dehydrated or just overly tired, I cried. In fact, I think that's the reason I was taking the decadron, it helped with the crying jags. Then, I started getting Sandostatin (can only get one a month) and that made a BIG difference! I called it magic juice! No more crying jags and even felt a lot better on days 3 and 4 of treatment, which is when I would crash, when the pump came off.
    mary