Muscle Soreness Around Port?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Moopy or Moopster, that's Me
    I love for you, my dear sistes in pink, to call me Moopy or Moopster. It is the name I was given by the person who loves me most in this world, and your naming me the same adds to the sense of care and friendship and closeness I feel from you all. I can't be a stranger to someone who knows my best-loved name! (OK, I admit it is a funny name--what can I say--Joe AKA Mr. Joseph has a very unique personality!)
  • gabbi5
    gabbi5 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    soreness next to port
    My port site is not sore ,just to the left,like in a muscle or something.I have had mine about 2 weeks.I have noticed that when i do more laundry or lots of activity,it is like i have strained a muscle.
    I had my second chemo Thursday and mentioned it to my oncologist.Told me not to use my arm much .It really feels like I have pulled a muscle.no swelling or redness..I go once a week and we will see how it is next week.Just was wanting some feedback since I am new to this...
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    gabbi5 said:

soreness next to port
    My port site is not sore ,just to the left,like in a muscle or something.I have had mine about 2 weeks.I have noticed that when i do more laundry or lots of activity,it is like i have strained a muscle.
    I had my second chemo Thursday and mentioned it to my oncologist.Told me not to use my arm much .It really feels like I have pulled a muscle.no swelling or redness..I go once a week and we will see how it is next week.Just was wanting some feedback since I am new to this...

Gabbi, the site where my
    Gabbi, the site where my port was, was sore the whole time I had it in. Some days were a little more sore than others. If I did too much straining or lifting with that arm, then it would hurt a little. Mine was in my chest, right under my collar bone, so I guess it must have been laying atop of muscle and that's why I was sore all the time. The doctor told me not to use the arm that much either, so just take it easy and don't lift heavy things. How many more treatments do you have? Hugs, Lili
  • gabbi5
    gabbi5 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    port
    THANKS FOR YOUR ANSWER.MY FIRST TREATMENT,MY PORT AREA WAS SO SWOLLEN AND I JUST ABOUT COULD NOT STAND THE ENTRY;MY NURSE PUT SOME CREAM ON FOR A WHILE AND THEN IT WAS ALL RIGHT.THE SECOND WEEK,I PUT THE CREAM ON BEFORE I WENT AND IT WAS FINE.BUT THE NEXT DAY,THE AREA TO THE SIDE AND TOWARD MY ARM FELT LIKE I HAD PULLED A MUSCLE.IT HAS BEEN 4 DAYS AND EACH DAY SEEMS BETTER.BY PROCESS OF ELIMINATION,I THINK,I HAVE NOT BEEN WEARING A BRA AND I BELIEVE THE WEIGHT,MY PORT IS JUST ABOVE MY LEFT BREAST[CHEMO FOR COLON],HAS BEEN PUTTING UNNECESSARY STRAIN.I HAVE NOW BEEN WEARING ONE FOR 2 DAYS AND IT IS SO MUCH BETTER.I HAVE NOT EVEN TAKEN ANYTHING FOR PAIN.LAST WEEK,WHEN I WENT,IT WAS A LITTLE SORE AND I ASKED ABOUT IT.CHECKED IT OUT AND TOLD ME NOT TO MOVE MUCH.I HOPE IT IS OK.I HAD BEEN DOING MORE AROUND THE HOUSE,SO THAT COULD BE IT..
    I HAVE 8 MORE MONTHS OF TREATMENT,ONCE A WEEK.
    I AM SO GLAD I FOUND THIS SUPPORT GROUP.IT IS HARD FOR PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND IF THEY HAVE NOT BEEN THROUGH IT.MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY ARE GREAT,BUT SOMETIMES YOU JUST NEED MORE..
  • labtech
    labtech Member Posts: 37
    Options
    Hi Moopy,
    My port still

Hi Moopy,

My port still hurts too and i see the doc tomorrow for the cream so when they put the needle in for chemo i may feel less pain. I will ask her if it heals on the inside, not sure how long it takes if so but i will let you know what she says.

Tracey