look after your mates

Options
ron50
ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I left a photo in the expressions gallery under "look after your mates" it pretty well sums up the week the people of rural Victoria in Australia have been having...Ron.

Comments

• kmygil
    kmygil Member Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Praying for everyone
    Hi Ron,

I am praying for everyone in Victoria. The picture says it all. The wierd thing is that a couple of years ago on the Discovery Channel, they were hypothesizing this exact scenario, and now it has happened to the horror and sorrow of us all. Keep the faith, and yes, look after your mates.

Hugs and prayers,
    Kirsten
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    Options
    My heart breaks
    for what is happening in Australia. I have good friends there, and they are OK, but so many are not.

Prayers and hugs...Vicki
  • 2bhealed
    2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Kanga?
    Hi ron,

I have been thinking about Kanga ever since I heard about the fires--doesn't he have some connection to firefighting?

keeping the Aussies in my prayers.

peace, emily
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    2bhealed said:

Kanga?
    Hi ron,

I have been thinking about Kanga ever since I heard about the fires--doesn't he have some connection to firefighting?

peace, emily

In my prayers also.....
    All the Aussies are in my prayers....God bless you all.......
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    2bhealed said:

Kanga?
    Hi ron,

peace, emily

Hi Emily,
    I

Hi Emily,
    I think kanga is in the rural firebrigade . Fortunately he is about a thousand miles north west of the current fires and there have been a lot of closer units in New south wales that have joined the battle. We have had a week of cooler weather in Victoria but there are still six massive fires out of control. They have sent the army in with heavy equipment to build firebreaks. I hope it works. Nature in Australia has had a bit of a hissy fit this month. There were two shark attacks in Sydney in two days. A navy diver in Sydney harbour lost his hand to a shark whilst on an anti-terrorism exercise and a surfer had his arm partially severed in an attack at Bondi beach yesterday. A third of my state ,queensland,is covered by floodwaters. Eleven people have drowned and a little five year old boy was taken by a croc trying to get his dog out of the flooded Daintree river.
    Fortunately we are used to wild extremes in Australia. there are only about 22 million people in australia but already our bushfire appeals have raised over 85 million dollars and with what the various governments put in the residents of rural Victoria will bounce back once the fires are out. Thank you all for your prayers.Ron.
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options
    ron50 said:

Hi Emily,
    I

Hi Emily,
    I think kanga is in the rural firebrigade . Fortunately he is about a thousand miles north west of the current fires and there have been a lot of closer units in New south wales that have joined the battle. We have had a week of cooler weather in Victoria but there are still six massive fires out of control. They have sent the army in with heavy equipment to build firebreaks. I hope it works. Nature in Australia has had a bit of a hissy fit this month. There were two shark attacks in Sydney in two days. A navy diver in Sydney harbour lost his hand to a shark whilst on an anti-terrorism exercise and a surfer had his arm partially severed in an attack at Bondi beach yesterday. A third of my state ,queensland,is covered by floodwaters. Eleven people have drowned and a little five year old boy was taken by a croc trying to get his dog out of the flooded Daintree river.
    Fortunately we are used to wild extremes in Australia. there are only about 22 million people in australia but already our bushfire appeals have raised over 85 million dollars and with what the various governments put in the residents of rural Victoria will bounce back once the fires are out. Thank you all for your prayers.Ron.

another colonial
    Dearest Ron....as another so called colonial....Canadian...

My heart goes out to you. I have not written all week because I have felt so overwhelmed...the fire images are so horrific. You are experiencing wild extremes. what an amazing reponse to your fundraising

Please know we are thinking of you and praying for the best
    mags
  • kristasplace
    kristasplace Member Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Nature's wrath!
    Hi Ron! I feel so awful for all of you and what you're going through. We went through a similar event here in San Diego two years ago. EVERYTHING was on fire, and we narrowly escaped losing our home. The fire came to our backyard, split in two, went around our little neighborhood, then joined together again and whipped down the hill another forty miles torching everything. The fires traveled from rural areas into the cities, and it was just a nightmare. We evacuated forty miles away, and the fire came within two miles of where we were! As bad as it was, Australia is getting it even worse, and worse is unfathomable. I pray that it will end before any more tragedy occurs.

Many hugs,
    Krista
  • hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Sendfing prayers
    What a tragedy. Keeping you and all the Aussies in my prayers. God Bless .
  • hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Sendfing prayers
    What a tragedy. Keeping you and all the Aussies in my prayers. God Bless .