BILL is Baaaaccckkk

Options
Bill.S
Bill.S Member Posts: 177
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Thought you got rid of me did you ? Well, not quite so easy.
Finished chemo early in December and finally my hair is starting to come back (my beard too) soft as a baby's hair.
Dec 26 had an emergency operation to repair a perforated stomach ulcer
(WAY too much chemo for my poor tummy to handle) Surgeon's report reads
"Puss all over the place" spent 6 days in hospital.
Jan 29 through Feb 4 spent another week in hospital due to an abcess that formed cause the tons of gunk didn't all get washed out,24 hour round the clock IV antibiotics.
Now it's daily IV Vancomycin for 4-6 weeks along with some oral antibiotics. Fun,fun,fun.
Still doing Herceptin every 3rd week till August and have started Tamoxofin for the next 5 years.
Our local Relay For Life is March 7 at a local High School. Really looking forward to the event. (My first). Don't know how much I'll be able to walk due to some serious SOB that doesn't seem to be related to poor blood counts. ONC wants to do a neuclear stress test- that should be next week some time.
Good thing I have been on a LOA from work since the beginning of Nov and am receiving a smallish short term disability check weekly.
MD at hospital removed a drain from my belly today so I had him de-access my port so I can SHOWER. I feel so dirty [yes I'm STILL a dirty old man]
Sorry I've been away so long.
Bill

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    Welcome back
    Sorry you had to go through so much. Hope it is over now.
  • Bill.S
    Bill.S Member Posts: 177
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

Welcome back
    Sorry you had to go through so much. Hope it is over now.

I only had to go through
    I only had to go through what I had to go through. Every body has to go through their own thing. We have some similarities but a lot of individual hell.
    Worst part was going through it mostly alone.
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Bill.S said:

I only had to go through
    I only had to go through what I had to go through. Every body has to go through their own thing. We have some similarities but a lot of individual hell.
    Worst part was going through it mostly alone.

Welcome back
    Wouldn't it be nice if we could just fly through our surgeries, port implants, chemo, radiation etc. etc. but as if this isn't enough we have to deal with all the other symptoms and problems that also arise. God knows there must be a very special place in heaven for all of us survivors. We have been taught so many lessons that others cannot fully comprehend. Sorry your journey has been so tough but just remember you are not all alone you have the rest of us on this board wishing the best for you and willing to help in whatever way we can. More importantly when there is just one set of footprints Jesus is carrying you.
    God Bless
    Jackie
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Welcome Back Bill, I missed
    Welcome Back Bill, I missed seeing your posts. I'm sorry you had to go through all that but am glad you're back on the road to recovery. I hope to be seeing more of your posts now. Hugs, Lili
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    Hi Bill, glad to see you're
    Hi Bill, glad to see you're back and sorry you had to go through all that. Sounds brutal!
    Hopefully the worst is over. Happy recovery :)
    jan