nearly

Options
seof
seof Member Posts: 819 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Ladies,
I have not posted in a while, but I want to give you all a summary and update. I was diagnosed with breast cancer...tumor like a boiled egg on underarm side of right breast...in May 2007. I did chemo, then bilateral mastectomy with expanders(left side was prophylactic so that I don't live in fear of it coming back THERE) in December. Surgery was followed by radiation, then chemo, then Herceptin, which I just finished up today (Yes, I hear you all cheering, thank you). I am currently cancer free and finished with related treatments with the exception of one: I plan to have reconstruction with the DIEP procedure in June, then I will consider myself to be totally finished. I am waiting till summer because I work in Public school and that way I can have time off to recuperate without having to miss work for it. I appreciate all the helpful responses I have recieved on this site, and hope that some of my responses have helped someone in return.

I am not by any means signing off here, I just wanted to let you all know what's up with me right now.

The Peace of Christ be with you, seof.

Comments

• mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Woohooo, doing happy nekkid
    Woohooo, doing happy nekkid dance. Thanks for the update, Seof. I had a mastectomy with the tram flap reconstruction. And though the recovery was a little long (six weeks) I was so happy I chose to do it. I am glad you are all done with your treatments and know your reconstruction will be a piece of cake after everything you've already been through. I didn't feel any apprehension when going through reconstruction as I did with the mastectomy. And though I expected a lot of discomfort, for me it was well worth it knowing I was finally done. I wish you well my dear friend, and please keep posting. God speed, Lili
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Best Wishes
    And also with you, Seof. I have benefited from your posts and wish you all the best and a full, cancer-free life.
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Best Wishes
    And also with you, Seof. I have benefited from your posts and wish you all the best and a full, cancer-free life.

congratulations !!
    Thank you for your posts. When i hear of survivors like you getting closer to the end i am elated! I am so happy for you and just the anticipation of finally being done with this nightmare gives me joy in my heart. It seems like time is just dragging by. But people on the outside (sounds like i'm in prison huh?) say stuff like "you lost your hair ALREADY!" makes me realize that time does go by but maybe faster when your not going through the day to day of cancer. Thanks for the hope of a brighter tomorrow! and a little ray of sunshine today. Please keep us up on your reconstruction.
    God Bless,
    Jackie
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    Congrats
    Happy to hear from you Seof, glad you have finished treatment. Sounds like you are on the path back to health for which I am greatful! I go for my reconstruction this month, I am just having the expanders then the inplant done. I will be posting to let others know how it goes, please do the same as you will be in our thoughts.

Many Blessings to You,

RE
  • Chellebug
    Chellebug Member Posts: 133
    Options
    So excited for you, Susan,
    So excited for you, Susan, and celebrating with you. Please, please, please, keep us updated with how the DIEP goes. I've not chosen any reconstruction at this time, but on occasion I have considered the DIEP....and it's so helpful to me (and I'm sure others) to here about the process and how it goes.

Blessings,
    Chelle
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Hi Seof!!!!
    I tried doing that happy naked dance~ but my only "good" breast hit me in my only good knee, and now I can't walk!!! I am so happy for your news, seof~ I have missed seeing your name on the boards.

Hooray for all of your Cancer-Free News!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    Congratulations! It at
    Congratulations! It at times seems like an endless journey doesn't it? But now you are on the road to putting all this behind you. Thank you for bringing us up to date and good luck with your reconstruction.
    love
    jan