Watery Eyes

Options
sausageroll
sausageroll Member Posts: 415
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I remember that this was a side effect for some of you...any solutions???

Comments

• Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Hydrate
    Hi, there is a thread somewhere with lots of info, but I can't recall the subject line. Anyway, my contribution was to drink lots and lots of water. A chemo nurse told me your eyes get watery when you're not hydrated. So far has worked for me. Hope it helps you, too.
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Hydrate
    Hi, there is a thread somewhere with lots of info, but I can't recall the subject line. Anyway, my contribution was to drink lots and lots of water. A chemo nurse told me your eyes get watery when you're not hydrated. So far has worked for me. Hope it helps you, too.

Watery eyes
    My oncologist did tell me to expect watery eyes, and to be sure to hydrate well during chemo. I have continued to drink lots of water long after chemo was completed, and during radiation, and it has really stopped my eye drainage. Hope this helps you.

Judy
  • sausageroll
    Options

Watery eyes
    My oncologist did tell me to expect watery eyes, and to be sure to hydrate well during chemo. I have continued to drink lots of water long after chemo was completed, and during radiation, and it has really stopped my eye drainage. Hope this helps you.

Judy

Sory for late reply
    This is really late, but thank you both for getting back to me..have been off line for a few days. I will try the water and hope it helps. I do drink lots..but will have to up it some. Thanks again
  • mgm42
    mgm42 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Options

Sory for late reply
    This is really late, but thank you both for getting back to me..have been off line for a few days. I will try the water and hope it helps. I do drink lots..but will have to up it some. Thanks again

eye drops...
    In addition to hydration, my oncologist told me to use artificial tears. I know that sounds odd because you are already tearing to beat the band, but somehow it did work for me and kept my eyes feeling comfortable. Hope this helps. Marilynn
  • sausageroll
    Options

Watery eyes

Judy

Will try anything..thanks
    Will try anything..thanks Judy!
    Sorry..Marilyn!
  • jakeca
    jakeca Member Posts: 92
    Options

Will try anything..thanks
    Will try anything..thanks Judy!
    Sorry..Marilyn!

watery eyes
    My oncologist suggested using Claritin and it has helped. However, I hesitate to even say this because I would not advise taking ANY medication of ANY kind without checking with your own doctor. I have no idea what other medications you are on that this might interact with in a negative way. PLEASE ASK YOUR OWN DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING THIS!!!!!!!!
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    jakeca said:

watery eyes
    My oncologist suggested using Claritin and it has helped. However, I hesitate to even say this because I would not advise taking ANY medication of ANY kind without checking with your own doctor. I have no idea what other medications you are on that this might interact with in a negative way. PLEASE ASK YOUR OWN DOCTOR BEFORE TRYING THIS!!!!!!!!

Speaking of Claritin
    My oncology nurse suggested that it might also help with the achiness and pain after the Neulasta shot for those of us going through chemo. I haven't asked my doctor about it yet, so I'm hesitant to try until then. Will let you guys know.

Mimi