Just visiting

Options
Tonia11
Tonia11 Member Posts: 57
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hello to you all. I'm just visiting from the another board. My husband was recently diagnosed with stomach cancer and received his first chemo treatment this week. I just wanted to let you all know that this board is so full of love and support. I probably check here more than I check the Stomach board (it's usually kinda slow). I said I was just going to lurk and not post but you all make it so hard. I just had to post and tell you all that although my husband is not afflicted by this specific type cancer, cancer is still Cancer with a capital "C". Your messages of hope and recovery encourage me as well. Okay, I'm going back to my playground now.

Comments

• CherylHutch
    CherylHutch Member Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Hey Tonia!
    Now don't you go being a groundhog and going back to your own playground! You are right... cancer is cancer, no matter where in the body it starts... and if you find our support board just what you need, then pull up a stump and join us :) There's plenty of room for everyone!!

Now... I must correct you on one little thing ... we do not refer to Cancer with a capital "C"... that's giving it way too much power and reverence. cancer with a small "c" will do just fine... the beast is a bully and a coward, so let's not give it any power or respect :)

But come on in!!! And bring your hubby too!! :)

hugggggs,

Cheryl
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    same here
    Welcome, cancer is cancer and it just sucks. I was thinking the same thing about not capitalizing cancer when I read your comment, then saw that Cheryl beat me to it! cancer has no power here! Come on in whenever you want!
    mary
  • keepnthefaith
    keepnthefaith Member Posts: 36
    Options
    Welcome
    Glad to hear our board offers you hope and support - it doesn't matter what kind of cancer someone has it still tries to knock the stuffing out of us. It sometimes takes more than our own strength or even the added strength of our caregivers to keep us moving forward in this fight and that is where an extended support system comes in. It also helps to have folks that understand how crappy it all really is. So welcome to our playground, come play on our slide anytime.
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options

Welcome
    Glad to hear our board offers you hope and support - it doesn't matter what kind of cancer someone has it still tries to knock the stuffing out of us. It sometimes takes more than our own strength or even the added strength of our caregivers to keep us moving forward in this fight and that is where an extended support system comes in. It also helps to have folks that understand how crappy it all really is. So welcome to our playground, come play on our slide anytime.

welcome Tonia and don't go away
    Hi tonia....Welcome and please stay....when I first started here I posted on Liver and it too was very slow....I am colon with mets to liver....finally the site admin took pity on me, wrote and suggested I try here.....it has been wonderful.

Stick around....and once again welcome
    Best regards,
    Mags
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Hi, Tonia. I visited the stomach cancer board, because there was a chance that my sister had a tumor. I never got one answer to my question. That board was definitely slow. Please visit here often.

*Hugs*
    Gail
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Options
    tootsie1 said:

Hi
    Hi, Tonia. I visited the stomach cancer board, because there was a chance that my sister had a tumor. I never got one answer to my question. That board was definitely slow. Please visit here often.

*Hugs*
    Gail

Talk To Us :)
    cancer is cancer, no matter where it is, nice to see you here though, and if you need support with anything, this is definitely the place to be. I am new as well, and found these people on here to be very uplifting and sure do make me feel better, they're very encouraging!

Hugss to you!
    ~Donna
  • Tonia11
    Tonia11 Member Posts: 57
    Options
    Shayenne said:

Talk To Us :)
    cancer is cancer, no matter where it is, nice to see you here though, and if you need support with anything, this is definitely the place to be. I am new as well, and found these people on here to be very uplifting and sure do make me feel better, they're very encouraging!

Hugss to you!
    ~Donna

Thanks
    Thanks to all of you! I will definitely chime in from time to time. And you are right, I should not give cancer that much power. Because it can and will be defeated.