Back from the doctor

Options
mrmauld
mrmauld Member Posts: 44
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I finally got back home. MY plastic surgeon put 60 more cc's in each side today. Yea!!!!!!!!!!! MY husband is sooooooo proud. I am up to a double "A" now. haha!!! I ventured out with my wig on to the Wal-Mart where my husband and daughter work and I used to work there until I transferred into Management , so I have lots of friends there, and I was nervous about them seeing me in my wig too. But to my surprise everyone is soooo suportive there. and talked about how good it looked. So there is 2 milestones down. My friends at church and my friends at my old work place seeing me. Now , maybe I can face any one. I haven't been to the Wal-Mart where I work yet with my wig but I do feel they will be supportive also. I hope this finds everyone well today. hugs love and prayers to all my sisters in pink
Michelle

Comments

• mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Of course they will
    Of course they will Michelle, you will find that people are generally VERY supportive. I'm glad you went out, it will get easier and before you know it you'll be done. You're in my prayers. Hugs, Lili
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Purple hearts/Pink Hearts/Turquoise hearts (For Tasha)
    You know how brave soldiers get purple hearts? Well, you've earned your pink heart for extraordinary courage in fighting a battle of a lifetime. None of us can do it alone. The support of friends and coworkers and the people here keep us going. So it's good to get out when we feel up to it. Here's to a terrific tomorrow. Lynn
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

You know how brave soldiers get purple hearts? Well, you've earned your pink heart for extraordinary courage in fighting a battle of a lifetime. None of us can do it alone. The support of friends and coworkers and the people here keep us going. So it's good to get out when we feel up to it. Here's to a terrific tomorrow. Lynn

Good morning Michelle
    Almost couldn't find you with all this spam on the boards again (gonka)I have been busy flagging them.
    I know how you feel.. it took quite a few days before i was able to go to the post office(i'm in such a small town everyone knows everything all the time! and i put my wig on and went there was such a gathering in the entrance to the PO after i walked in i couldn't believe it. They were all so kind saying things like "you just keep getting it shorter and shorter" and its so cute acting like it was just a haircut. I told them they "wouldn't believe how short it really was" and we had a good laugh. That helped to break the ice. I then got up enough courage to venture over to work and pop in and say hey! they also were great. The wind was blowing when i got back in my car and i looked in the mirror and it was standing straight up I looked like a Rod Stewart want to be. It smoothed right out but wigs aren't like hair which just blows back in place and it sure doesn't feel natural, after about 4 hours in it i came home and ripped it off it was itching and it hurt. I had red rings around my head. My neighbor had decorated a little hat for me and brought it over later a cute little jeweled J on it and pins that say "Lets focus on me" I will buck up and wear that next time.
    What i hate is the look of pity that people give you when you open your own front door before donning a wig. I suppose they can't help but be shocked the same way it was when we first looked in the mirror. Still I hate the "pity" look.
    Sorry for the ramble. I am proud of you and have a great day.
    God Bless
    Jackie
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

Turquoise!
    Thank you very much! J xx
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    BeWigged
    Hi, Michelle, I somehow missed your post above. I'm glad that you enjoyed the trip to Walmart and seeing everyone. You had mentioned it earlier and I knew you were a bit nervous about it. I'll be the same next week, when I go back to work and try wearing my wig. I have so appreciated the encouragement I've gotten here.

It is strange, isn't it, to have hair on your head that is not yours?? Kudos to us all for getting out there. And thanks to Jackie for the heads up, so to speak, on wind and wigness.