Blonde Moment or Chemo Brain?

Options
2»

Comments

• seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    memory challenge
    I have always had a poor memory for names...street names, people names, names of famous people who did things I was to be tested over in school, names of places, movie names.....I have also used a calendar with some regularity most of my life. I found chemo brain made the name problem much worse (still is 6 months later) I call people I see all the time (my children included) by the wrong names now. It also made my memory for events and schedules worse...now I use the calendar fanatically and carry a notepad, just in case someone might ask me to do something difficult, like take a cup to the dishwasher in the next room, or something (OK, that may be a bit extreme, but you get the point). I am very much a creature of habit, and I like my routines because I can remember what I am to do without much effort. A friend of mine keeps trying to challenge me to stimulate my brain by taking new routes to get places. After living and working in the same place for 4 years, I have finally learned 3 routes. Not sure how it has helped my memory, but it does give a small sense of accomplishment. Maybe that would be a tip for the more adventuresome among us all?

I wish for you a clearer mind and a more direct train of tho...what was I saying? seof
  • EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    seof said:

memory challenge
    I have always had a poor memory for names...street names, people names, names of famous people who did things I was to be tested over in school, names of places, movie names.....I have also used a calendar with some regularity most of my life. I found chemo brain made the name problem much worse (still is 6 months later) I call people I see all the time (my children included) by the wrong names now. It also made my memory for events and schedules worse...now I use the calendar fanatically and carry a notepad, just in case someone might ask me to do something difficult, like take a cup to the dishwasher in the next room, or something (OK, that may be a bit extreme, but you get the point). I am very much a creature of habit, and I like my routines because I can remember what I am to do without much effort. A friend of mine keeps trying to challenge me to stimulate my brain by taking new routes to get places. After living and working in the same place for 4 years, I have finally learned 3 routes. Not sure how it has helped my memory, but it does give a small sense of accomplishment. Maybe that would be a tip for the more adventuresome among us all?

I wish for you a clearer mind and a more direct train of tho...what was I saying? seof

what's my excuse?

I'm not on chemo but I've always had problems with my kids names. With four of them, it can take some time to get the right one! LOL But I tell them that I know where they sleep and I'll figure it out.

Maureen