hair again

Options

Comments

• rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

WAAAAAHHH!!!
    Poor Moopy's hair is finally starting to fall out on Day 20. As always, she is being incredibly brave about it. If there wasn't 2" of sleet on the ground here in Springfield, MO (classes are cancelled today so I have the day off) we might take her for a buzz cut.

Right now I am (as Moopsy's Baldness Coach) brushing her hair every so often to snag as much as I can before it hits the floor or the pillow or anything else. This may have the added advantage of making the hair loss seem more gradual. At least it's a dumb little ritual which will hopefully make this ordeal less painful.

Typically, Moopy is making wisecracks. Best one yet is "Now you have *four* shedding animals in the house instead of three." Thanks again to all of you Sisters in Pink for sharing your funny hair stories and helping my beloved Kitten (and me) by making us both laugh aloud over and over again. The Moopster's hair will come back. Mine won't. If that's the worst gripe we have about life at the moment, we are having a great day.

Goodmorning Moopy and Joe
    Hope all is well with Moopy, The hair loss was more than i realized..i thought i was o.k with it but when Bob was buzzing it i had an anxiety attack and felt i was going to be sick. I took a zanax and finished it up. I really would have liked to have an alcoholic beverage!! but at least the sore head and headache were gone and i could go on to the next step. I took a bald pic. to send to my daughter, i also had on the pink t-shirt she bought me that says "I fight like a girl" and the pin she gave me that says "Hey cancer f### off!!"
    She loved it but then I have a face only a daughter could love!!lol
    It was strange going out in just a hat to my infusion..and my head gets cold at night without one but one perk is if i have a hot-flash i can whip it off in a second, i save money on shampoo and........my chin hairs are not there anymore!! love that!
    You will be fine Moopy just keep posting (you and Joe I know my hubbie likes reading the posts from the caregivers..and he is a good one!) we will battle this beast together OK!
    Love to all my pink sisters and their caregivers.
    God Bless
    Jackie
  • Wibby
    Wibby Member Posts: 27
    Options
    rjjj said:

Hope all is well with Moopy, The hair loss was more than i realized..i thought i was o.k with it but when Bob was buzzing it i had an anxiety attack and felt i was going to be sick. I took a zanax and finished it up. I really would have liked to have an alcoholic beverage!! but at least the sore head and headache were gone and i could go on to the next step. I took a bald pic. to send to my daughter, i also had on the pink t-shirt she bought me that says "I fight like a girl" and the pin she gave me that says "Hey cancer f### off!!"
    It was strange going out in just a hat to my infusion..and my head gets cold at night without one but one perk is if i have a hot-flash i can whip it off in a second, i save money on shampoo and........my chin hairs are not there anymore!! love that!
    You will be fine Moopy just keep posting (you and Joe I know my hubbie likes reading the posts from the caregivers..and he is a good one!) we will battle this beast together OK!
    God Bless
    Jackie

Fleece pillowcase
    Hi Jackie,
    I have enjoyed reading your entries!
    I might have a solution to the "cold head at night" problem. My aunt made me a fleece pillowcase when I started chemo. I thought that it was odd, but didn't say anything. I had chemo a year ago and it was very cold. When I lost my hair, I decided to try the fleece pillowcase. What a difference it made for me. I didn't have to wear a hat at night! I must confess that I still use the fleece pillowcase as my hair is only about an inch long and very thin so I still get cold. It's also a security blanket!
    Like you, I loved not having to shave my chin hairs, legs and armpits. The only hair I missed was my eyelashes as my eyes "leaked" a lot. I didn't lose my eyelashes right away though. My eyelashes and eyebrows (and chin hair) grew back really fast compared to my head hair. I even have a hat on now as we keep our house rather nippy (62) and it's snowing to beat the band right now - we're expecting more than a foot!
    You have such a wonderful attitude and it's a pleasure to read your postings. I wish you the best of luck during your treatments and beyond.
    Libby
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Wibby said:

Fleece pillowcase
    Hi Jackie,
    I have enjoyed reading your entries!
    I might have a solution to the "cold head at night" problem. My aunt made me a fleece pillowcase when I started chemo. I thought that it was odd, but didn't say anything. I had chemo a year ago and it was very cold. When I lost my hair, I decided to try the fleece pillowcase. What a difference it made for me. I didn't have to wear a hat at night! I must confess that I still use the fleece pillowcase as my hair is only about an inch long and very thin so I still get cold. It's also a security blanket!
    Like you, I loved not having to shave my chin hairs, legs and armpits. The only hair I missed was my eyelashes as my eyes "leaked" a lot. I didn't lose my eyelashes right away though. My eyelashes and eyebrows (and chin hair) grew back really fast compared to my head hair. I even have a hat on now as we keep our house rather nippy (62) and it's snowing to beat the band right now - we're expecting more than a foot!
    You have such a wonderful attitude and it's a pleasure to read your postings. I wish you the best of luck during your treatments and beyond.
    Libby

Hi Libby!
    Thank you for the compliment. It is so cool to hear nice things when we are going through such not nice things. I will try the fleece pillowcase and am looking forward to reading all your posts. You sound absolutely darling.

God bless,
    Jackie
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    rjjj said:

God Bless
    Jackie

Hair Going
    My hair is falling out quickly now. I don't know how I will react. I have always had ridiculously thick hair. I complained about needing so much time to dry it, but I was always secretly pleased with the abundance. It's been easier to be positive when the hairs have not been falling like snow. When it is done, I hope I am as cheerful and adjust as quickly as you Jackie and others. I do have a bottle of Xanax, though! And the fleece pillowcase sounds really comfortable. Actually, I have been distracted today by realizing the implications of being triple negative and have been feeling horror about that. Grieving about my hair is emotionally easier,anyway.
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    Mine has definitely gone
    Mine has definitely gone back to the way it was before. Except I have less gray now or so people are saying. But when it came in it looked like it was going to be very gray and I was pretty anxious about that. I think I'll keep it shorter though. It's been almost 2yrs since my last chemo shot and my underarm hair is still sparce and I still don't have to wear a deoderant. That was a pleasant surprise. Ohilly, your hair is going to be beautiful, just be patient and enjoy the curls while they last. Unfortunately mine are gone and I hate to fuss with a curling iron. Good luck to you.
    love
    jan
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options

Mine has definitely gone
    Mine has definitely gone back to the way it was before. Except I have less gray now or so people are saying. But when it came in it looked like it was going to be very gray and I was pretty anxious about that. I think I'll keep it shorter though. It's been almost 2yrs since my last chemo shot and my underarm hair is still sparce and I still don't have to wear a deoderant. That was a pleasant surprise. Ohilly, your hair is going to be beautiful, just be patient and enjoy the curls while they last. Unfortunately mine are gone and I hate to fuss with a curling iron. Good luck to you.
    love
    jan

Wait what do you mean? That
    Wait what do you mean? That curly haired woman with the cigar in her mouth isn't you?????? LOL
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Hair Going
    My hair is falling out quickly now. I don't know how I will react. I have always had ridiculously thick hair. I complained about needing so much time to dry it, but I was always secretly pleased with the abundance. It's been easier to be positive when the hairs have not been falling like snow. When it is done, I hope I am as cheerful and adjust as quickly as you Jackie and others. I do have a bottle of Xanax, though! And the fleece pillowcase sounds really comfortable. Actually, I have been distracted today by realizing the implications of being triple negative and have been feeling horror about that. Grieving about my hair is emotionally easier,anyway.

Hair
    It does fall out and it will not be fun, but believe me when I say that you will get used to it. Of course, easier said than done. I just buzzed mine the moment it started to seriously fall out. But people are comfortable with different ways.

Moopy, please don't be horrified about the triple negative thing. Don't goggle it. There are a lot of uninformed opinons out there. A leading research oncologist in DC told me personally that there was a lot of hype over this type of cancer and that much of it was unsubstantiated. The prognosis is not worse. There are just different types of therapies for this. Just because you cannot take endocrine treatments does not necessarily make your situation worse than ER positive ladies. My own oncologist said that she did not consider this to be a set-back for me. Take your xanax. It helps me, too!

Mimi
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

I had one of my sons buzz
    I had one of my sons buzz mine. No one else would do it. I always wanted to try my hair really short so it was interesting when it started growing back. I actually kept it pretty short for a couple of years. Now I'm back to chin length. It did grow back curly at first but time straighten it out. Now it's exactly like it was before chemo. It's actually hard to remember when I didn't have hair. Take lots of pictures if you want to remember it. Most of mine are with caps or hats tho.

Marcia
    Is that you right

Marcia

Is that you right side up!

Jadie
  • mimivac
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

I had one of my sons buzz
    I had one of my sons buzz mine. No one else would do it. I always wanted to try my hair really short so it was interesting when it started growing back. I actually kept it pretty short for a couple of years. Now I'm back to chin length. It did grow back curly at first but time straighten it out. Now it's exactly like it was before chemo. It's actually hard to remember when I didn't have hair. Take lots of pictures if you want to remember it. Most of mine are with caps or hats tho.

Camera
    Marcia,

Do you have a camera attached to your ceiling? LOL. Your other picture also had this extreme angle. Love them, though.

Mimi
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

Hair
    It does fall out and it will not be fun, but believe me when I say that you will get used to it. Of course, easier said than done. I just buzzed mine the moment it started to seriously fall out. But people are comfortable with different ways.

Moopy, please don't be horrified about the triple negative thing. Don't goggle it. There are a lot of uninformed opinons out there. A leading research oncologist in DC told me personally that there was a lot of hype over this type of cancer and that much of it was unsubstantiated. The prognosis is not worse. There are just different types of therapies for this. Just because you cannot take endocrine treatments does not necessarily make your situation worse than ER positive ladies. My own oncologist said that she did not consider this to be a set-back for me. Take your xanax. It helps me, too!

Mimi

No Horror Now
    I am so glad to hear what your oncologist told you, that it's not a setback or worse prognosis. I will also take your advice about the Xanax. Your posts are better than any pill, but a sedative can only help!
  • mimivac
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

No Horror Now
    I am so glad to hear what your oncologist told you, that it's not a setback or worse prognosis. I will also take your advice about the Xanax. Your posts are better than any pill, but a sedative can only help!

Ha! Sedation.
    Believe me, I have often wished that it were possible to be sedated through this whole experience. Just do all the chemo, rads, surgery, and other treatments and wake me up when it is all over. :)
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    Jadie said:

Marcia
    Is that you right

Marcia

Is that you right side up!

Jadie

Yes it's me!!
    Yes it's me!! The blood was rushing to my head.
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    mimivac said:

Camera
    Marcia,

Do you have a camera attached to your ceiling? LOL. Your other picture also had this extreme angle. Love them, though.

Mimi

I'm on the floor laughing.
    I'm on the floor laughing. The reason all my pictures look like they are taken from space is my husband is very tall! So are my kids so when I'm out with them I tell people I am adopted. One Christmas picture I had to stand on a cement block just to get my head in the picture too. I guess I could have cut and paste my head in like Claudia did.
  • mimivac
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

I'm on the floor laughing.
    I'm on the floor laughing. The reason all my pictures look like they are taken from space is my husband is very tall! So are my kids so when I'm out with them I tell people I am adopted. One Christmas picture I had to stand on a cement block just to get my head in the picture too. I guess I could have cut and paste my head in like Claudia did.

That's hilarious
    I thought you had a surveillance camera up there or something. Man, they must be really tall. :)
  • NicoleYauger
    NicoleYauger Member Posts: 12
    Options
    Just want to congradulate
    Just want to congradulate you on ur hair growing back. Proof that this will end and life will go on. Thanks. The worst part of this for my mom was losing parts of herself but I think the hair was the hardest. I think it's completley normal of u to be concerned with your hair texture.
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options

Just want to congradulate you on ur hair growing back. Proof that this will end and life will go on. Thanks. The worst part of this for my mom was losing parts of herself but I think the hair was the hardest. I think it's completley normal of u to be concerned with your hair texture.

Hair Loss
    The Hair loss issue upset me more than anything else about Cancer, Chemo, Rads and everything. My Oncologist was like "Mr Charisma Bypass Himself".........He said: "You will lose your hair, get a wig"...I nearly gave up there and then. But I didn't let his hurtful comments rob me of my last chance...........Sod Him!...Now I am out the other side and it was bearable (He Wasn't)... It grows back.
    Big Hugs to you all, I know exactly what you are going through..........and you will be stronger for the experience (Not that any of us needed it)... Good Luck Julia XX
  • mimivac
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Hair Loss
    The Hair loss issue upset me more than anything else about Cancer, Chemo, Rads and everything. My Oncologist was like "Mr Charisma Bypass Himself".........He said: "You will lose your hair, get a wig"...I nearly gave up there and then. But I didn't let his hurtful comments rob me of my last chance...........Sod Him!...Now I am out the other side and it was bearable (He Wasn't)... It grows back.
    Big Hugs to you all, I know exactly what you are going through..........and you will be stronger for the experience (Not that any of us needed it)... Good Luck Julia XX

Good for you, Julia!
    And, man, did your hair ever grow back. Maybe you should consider a trim? :)
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options

Wait what do you mean? That
    Wait what do you mean? That curly haired woman with the cigar in her mouth isn't you?????? LOL

Oh she's way cuter than I
    Oh she's way cuter than I am!
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Hair Loss

How's your arm
    Hey Tasha - how's your arm? Did you ever see a doctor about it hurting?
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options

NicoleYauger
    Hey girls, where have you been? You guys haven't posted in a while. I hope everything is well with you. Haw far along are you in treatment? Hugs, Lili