2»

Comments

• MoonDragon
    MoonDragon Member Posts: 183
    Options
    mkkuehn said:

chemo brain - does it ever go away?
    Hi Moondragon,

I can really relate to what you were saying. I finished chemo in August (I have had 32 chemo treatments, 6 weeks of radiation, 3 surgeries and now have a colostomy bag). My memory is shot also. I was driving the other day and forgot where I was, it was scary. I email messages to myself so I can remember things. I try to write everything down. Work is rough though. People get frustrated that I am not performing like my "old self". The only person that gets it is my boss, and she can only get so much since she has not been thru this. My energy level is fragile. I love being busy but if I over do it, I need to take a sick day to sleep. It is frustrating. Thanks for listening.

mkkuehn

MK
    Hi Mk!
    You can vent anytime you want, we all SO understand how you feel! I too have been on the freeway and have forgotten where I was going. I panicked not knowing if I'd missed my offramp but what really shook me is I wasn't sure I'd remember how to get back home!! March will be a year for me since I've had the chemo and the fuzzy brain seems to be lasting a long time. You're lucky your boss "gets" it! Mine is trying to be understanding but when she told me to carry a notebook, she was snapping at me. It was not a "nice" suggestion! This morning the associate director walked by my desk while my computer calendar was up. I make each item a different color and I love rainbows so I organize it by rainbow color. He looked at my computer and said, "My lord you have a lot of items on your "to do" list each day and what's with the colors, are you all about gay rights?" He thought he was being funny. Since my job is to support and plan for the entire office (thus the huge calendar being a necessity), I quipped back at him, "I support everyone!" He actually looked embarrassed that he'd said what he did! hehehehe
    It sounds like you've really been through the wringer with your health! I'm sorry you've been through so much! How are you feeling now?

Hugs!

Jorie
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    lysine
    Hi Mike,
    I've never heard of taking lysine for chemo brain, but will gladly do so. I already knew about taking lysine for quick healing of mouth sores- it really does work for that, too, but didn't know about it for chemo brain. I have some already in the cupboard & will add that into the B-12. Glad you mentioned it!

Lisa
  • ldot123
    ldot123 Member Posts: 272
    Options
    lisa42 said:

lysine
    Hi Mike,
    I've never heard of taking lysine for chemo brain, but will gladly do so. I already knew about taking lysine for quick healing of mouth sores- it really does work for that, too, but didn't know about it for chemo brain. I have some already in the cupboard & will add that into the B-12. Glad you mentioned it!

Lisa

Chemo brain is real
    Hi there,

Chemo brain is a reality for many of us. It took me a while to come out of the fog, but I did. (although my wife might have an argument about that statement) It does get better and yes I took to writing everything down!

Cheers, Lance