Options
2»

Comments

• mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    skelf said:

Thanks for your support and
    Thanks for your support and yes i am sure i will continue to rant and visit the boards.

Did you have recostruction immediately after your mastectomy? and what type, i am still trying to decide.

I waited until 4 months
    I waited until 4 months after my last chemo and had the tram flap reconstruction. Since I had a radical, there wasn't too much muscle left to support an implant so I needed muscle from somewhere. Since I didn't want more visible scars. doing the lassitimus dorsi flap was not an option for me. The surgery was good but it did take a while to recuperate. I was home for 8 weeks and felt I needed each one until I was good to go back to work, but I also have 2 young kids at home. The one great thing was that I got a tummy tuck out of this so I now have a very nice flat belly. LOL. I figured since I had to go through this I might as well get some benefit out of it. Hugs, Lili
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    KathiM said:

Yeah, all that...but.....
    Cahones...all of us...and the pure hatred of losing a fight, any fight!!!! It's an ego thing...ROFL!

Hugs, Kathi

Cahones Kathi or do you mean
    Cahones Kathi or do you mean cojones? LOL Because I certainly feel we have some of those. Hahaha. Love ya, Lili
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Jesus and Company
    It occurs to me that we are very much like Jesus' diciples....bear with me on this one!

You know how brave, strong, determined, encouraging, inspiring,(thanks Eil!) doubtful, not without fear, and wondering how and why we were "chosen" to walk this path we all are. And we display all of these traits and more in a place we never saw ourselves and we oftentimes don't feel up to the challenge. I just thought of the "ordinary" men living in Israel, working, raising families, doing everyday things, who also found themselves doing extraordinary things.....and making history, as well! They had no special training, education, wealth, or anything which made them willing to face uncertainty with such fierceness. Just like us!!!

I think maybe we didn't realize we had such amazing traits, just as those 2000 years ago in the Middle East didn't know they did either, until put to the test! And the word diciple? From which we get the word discipline? It means "one who is taught"...and we have most certainly learned a lot on this journey, haven't we? And the have the honor of teaching those who follow us in here how to exhibit these traits too!

Ok...enough expounding! LOL

Hugs,
    Claudia

Claudia you are a disciple!
    I so loved your "expounding" Your words expressed exactly what is in my heart.I know we are chosen to walk this path and that others that have not experienced this challenge cannot fully comprehend our need to help others who are also chosen to walk with us. Keep "expounding" you gave me my good thought for the day!
    God Bless
    Jackie