Update

Options
fightlikeagirl2008
fightlikeagirl2008 Member Posts: 13
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi Everyone,
Thank you all so much for your concern and advice. I surely appreciate it.

After all of the mess I've been through with my job, uemployment, and Social Security,
I finally realized that maybe I should contact the state representitive of my district and tell my story. Well, lo and behold, he contacted me the very next day! To my surprise, he lives just a couple of blocks from my home, and right around the corner from my daughter!
I was on the phone with him for over an hour and we discussed everything that had been going on with me. His secretary had contacted unemployment for me, and one of the reps there is taking my case for immediate action.
The state representitive also asked me about my family. I told him about my oldest daughter, who works in a bank, her two girls and another on the way. I then told him about my youngest daughter who has a degree in early elementary education, and special education, and how she hasn't been able to find a permanent position for teaching in our district. She's had her degree's for two years, and has only been able to find a couple of long term subbing positions and a few days here and there. He told me to have my daughter fax him her resume and he would send it to the district superintendent, who is one of best friends! Talk about someone in the government willing to help! He also told me that the company that I had my long term disability through has been sued for stopping people's benefits before their time was up. He's also looking into that. I can honestly say that I hadn't had much faith in the government before, but my mind has changed quite a bit.
Anyone who is having trouble with a situation that your government official might be able to help with, please, don't be afraid to contact them. You'd be very much surprised how much they're willing to help.
The best of days to everyone.
Joyce

Comments

• CherylHutch
    CherylHutch Member Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Excellent!!
    Joyce, that is fantastic news!! You just know this fellow is going to get the ball rolling and the end result is that your whole family may benefit from this situation you have found yourself in. Keep those thoughts positive because when you least expect it, what you put out there in the way of thought and energy (and visualizations) is going to come back at ya!! :D So keep visualizing every day exactly what it is you want for yourself and your family. I don't mean silly frivilous things... I mean life changing wonderful things. You'd be surprised how this all works

Here's one of my mottos in life:

When in doubt, show up early. Think less. Feel more. Ask once. Give thanks often. Expect the best. Appreciate everything. Never give up. Make it fun. Lead. Invent. Regroup. Wink. Chill. Smile. And live as if your success was inevitable, and so it shall be.

Huggggggs,

Cheryl
  • MoonDragon
    MoonDragon Member Posts: 183
    Options
    WOW
    I'm on the floor!! That's fantastic! You don't hear about things like that very often. It's really nice to see that he genuinely cares!!
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Great news!
    I know you are breathing easier! Make sure you let others in your district about the good job he is doing for you! It MATTERS when our elected officials actually watch out for the people for whom they were elected to watch out for!
  • kmygil
    kmygil Member Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!
    That's the way to do it!!! I'm so glad that action is finally being taken on your behalf. I have had good results in making waves with the government. I got a carcinogenic facility located in a residential neighborhood closed down while I lived in Wisconsin. During the course of this project, I became persona-non-grata at the mayor's office, but I persevered and got it closed.

I also have written numerous letters to various city, county and state officials regarding this, that, and the other (this makes me sound like one of those loonies) and I have gotten mostly good results. The key is perseverance and letting them know that you are copying your letter to everyone and their pet canaries. Hey, I even have a response letter from Bill Clinton!

Anyway, it just goes to show that your government is there to work on YOUR behalf. If they don't do it right away, then MAKE them. It's their job.

I'm so happy for you. God is good.

Hugs,
    Kirsten
  • traci43
    traci43 Member Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've got a winner on your side!
    I hope your representative can really help you, it sure sounds like it. I guess you've just got to keep pressing buttons until someone listens. I hope things get straightened out soon for you so that you can focus on getting better. Traci
  • fightlikeagirl2008
    Options
    kmygil said:

Way to go!!!!
    That's the way to do it!!! I'm so glad that action is finally being taken on your behalf. I have had good results in making waves with the government. I got a carcinogenic facility located in a residential neighborhood closed down while I lived in Wisconsin. During the course of this project, I became persona-non-grata at the mayor's office, but I persevered and got it closed.

I also have written numerous letters to various city, county and state officials regarding this, that, and the other (this makes me sound like one of those loonies) and I have gotten mostly good results. The key is perseverance and letting them know that you are copying your letter to everyone and their pet canaries. Hey, I even have a response letter from Bill Clinton!

Anyway, it just goes to show that your government is there to work on YOUR behalf. If they don't do it right away, then MAKE them. It's their job.

I'm so happy for you. God is good.

Hugs,
    Kirsten

Thanks, Kirsten!
    Yes, I'm a fighter. I guess I just don't know when to give up. Thank God for that!
    The ACS helped me a lot also.
    What a great place to be after all of this mess!
    Live life to the fullest! If you're cup overflows, get a bigger cup!
    Love, Joyce
  • fightlikeagirl2008
    Options
    traci43 said:

Sounds like you've got a winner on your side!
    I hope your representative can really help you, it sure sounds like it. I guess you've just got to keep pressing buttons until someone listens. I hope things get straightened out soon for you so that you can focus on getting better. Traci

Thanks, Traci!
    I think it's going to go through this time. I've been praying like crazy that some good news will come my way.
    Love, Joyce
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Yea!!!!!
    I sure have been sending up prayers for you!!!

It's good to hear some officials are there to help!

Hugs, Kathi
  • KathiM said:

Yea!!!!!
    I sure have been sending up prayers for you!!!

It's good to hear some officials are there to help!

Hugs, Kathi

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Great!
    Well, that's just totally awesome. Talk about good news!

*hugs*
    Gail