hexalen

JanQ
JanQ Member Posts: 236
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Hi all, It has been awhile since I have been on, I talked my doctor into a break after my last surgery.It was great to be clear of mind during the holidays with family and friends. I have now started on hexalen 10 pills a day.
Bonnie I was so sorry to read your post you have always been an inspiration to me, I may not be on here often but you all are always in my prayers.If anyone could give me any info on this drug I would appreciate it so much!
Take care and God Bless, Jan
It made me sad to see so many new people since I was on last. What is it going to take to kill this horrible disease..

Comments

• LPack
    LPack Member Posts: 645
    hexalen
    Jan,

I just finished my second cycle of Hexalen Sunday. I took 8 pills a day for 14 days. The first time (October 20-November 2) my counts went too low to begin again. Had to wait almost two months to begin 2nd cycle and did decide to wait until holidays were over.

It has side effects like nausea, neuropathy, and for me just yukky feelings. You can google and find information.

It is a maintenance program for ovarian cancer.

Praying you do well. Keep us posted. First person I have found who is actually on it.

Libby
  • JanQ
    LPack said:

hexalen
    Jan,

I just finished my second cycle of Hexalen Sunday. I took 8 pills a day for 14 days. The first time (October 20-November 2) my counts went too low to begin again. Had to wait almost two months to begin 2nd cycle and did decide to wait until holidays were over.

It has side effects like nausea, neuropathy, and for me just yukky feelings. You can google and find information.

It is a maintenance program for ovarian cancer.

Praying you do well. Keep us posted. First person I have found who is actually on it.

Libby

hexalen
    Libby,
    This is my second day and so far I have had some nausea but other than that I am ok.
    So your counts went to low after the first cycle? I was on Topotecan last and could not handle that at all. I was in the hospital in august and then 13 days in Sept. I had a bowel obstructiona so they wnet in and took care of that and gave me a break.
    I was so sorry to read about Joanne. This is a fight!
    Are you on hexalen again?
    I pray you do well also!
    Jan
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Here's what I have heard
    Hi Jan, Good to read a post from you ~ except about still needing chemo. I am not sure if you remember Polly or not but she was on hexalan and getting good results but they made her too depressed and so she finally stopped. She had to lower the dosage because of counts and stuff but it sure went after the cancer. Sending lots of hugs n prayers your way. Love Bonnie
  • LPack
    JanQ said:

hexalen
    Libby,
    This is my second day and so far I have had some nausea but other than that I am ok.
    So your counts went to low after the first cycle? I was on Topotecan last and could not handle that at all. I was in the hospital in august and then 13 days in Sept. I had a bowel obstructiona so they wnet in and took care of that and gave me a break.
    I was so sorry to read about Joanne. This is a fight!
    Are you on hexalen again?
    I pray you do well also!
    Jan

finished 2nd cycle
    Jan,

I am into my 5th day off Hexalen. I have not had my blood taken, but will soon. I imagine my counts will be somewhat low. I will be able to take 3rd round in March.

Yes, Hexalen can make you "sad" or depressed. I am a very joyful, happy person. Did notice some mood change, but knowing that could happen......................just tried to stay upbeat.

Yes, so sad about Joanne. What a battle we are in.

I will continue to lift you up in prayer as you continue to take hexalen for 12 more days!

Love,
    Libby
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Glad to hear from you
    Sure good to hear from you Jan. You can enter "Hexalen" in the upper right hand corner and hit "Go" and read all the previous posts on this chemo. I will pray that this really knocks back the cancer cells. Keep your attitude positive for those cute kids. (((Hugs))) Saundra
  • JanQ
    BonnieR said:

Here's what I have heard
    Hi Jan, Good to read a post from you ~ except about still needing chemo. I am not sure if you remember Polly or not but she was on hexalan and getting good results but they made her too depressed and so she finally stopped. She had to lower the dosage because of counts and stuff but it sure went after the cancer. Sending lots of hugs n prayers your way. Love Bonnie

thank you
    It is so good to hear from each of you! It is great to hear someone is having good resuts from this. This is my third day.
    Libby I forgot to ask about hair loss????
    Love and Hugs to all of you! Jan
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    saundra said:

Glad to hear from you
    Sure good to hear from you Jan. You can enter "Hexalen" in the upper right hand corner and hit "Go" and read all the previous posts on this chemo. I will pray that this really knocks back the cancer cells. Keep your attitude positive for those cute kids. (((Hugs))) Saundra

thanks saundra
    I did not know you could search for all the posts on a particular subject. Thanks for sharing. Learned something new today. Hugs Bonnie
  • LPack
    JanQ said:

thank you
    It is so good to hear from each of you! It is great to hear someone is having good resuts from this. This is my third day.
    Libby I forgot to ask about hair loss????
    Love and Hugs to all of you! Jan

hair loss
    My hair is growing in since my last chemo (August). All other hair is in big time! But I have noticed a little loss of eyelashes and some eyebrow.

Teal love & Hugs,
    Libby