Gemzar cancelled

Options
BonnieR
BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Hi everyone, no chemo yesterday as my platelets were only 46. I guess its from the nexavar?? I am still taking nexavar twice a day so not sure how they'll come back up, but we are hopeful next tuesday I can do the chemo.

The nexavar is causing some hand/foot pain, and (of all things) acne. I have a raised red area on my cheeks and nose and it is a bit painful. Just keep putting oil of olay on face and Eucerin on feet and hands. Swishing mouth with magic mouthwash and taking 1000mg L-lysine daily. What we do take chemo huh? :-)

The clinic said if it gets much worse we will have to lower the dose or take a break. I am hoping I can keep it under control to at least get through one month treatments. I guess my body has just been through so much that it doesn't do so well anymore. Still have the emotional strength to do it ~ PTL ~ but guess not the physical.

Anyway that is the latest news from this chick in the sticks :-) Pray all is going well for each of you. Hugs ♥ Prayers Bonnie

Comments

• carol2dogs
    carol2dogs Member Posts: 132
    Options
    No chemo
    Bonnie,
    I'm so sorry you couldn't get chemo this week. It really is amazing how we get so concerned about missing something that can make us feel so bad. Guess it takes a Teal warrior to understand. I hope they can find something to help get your platelets back up, without having to take a break.
    My prayers and hopes are with you. You are such an inspiration.
    Sending lots of Teal hugs and love,
    Carol
  • ladyjogger31
    ladyjogger31 Member Posts: 289
    Options
    Bonnie
    Hi Bonnie, Sorry to hear you didn't get your Chemo. I'll blow you some of my extra platelets, they were good this week.I'll be praying that Nexavar doen't get any worse. Adult acne? LOL
    Buckets of Teal Hugs and Prayers,
    Terry
  • LPack
    LPack Member Posts: 645
    Options
    counts
    Bonnie,

I can't send you good counts, as mine are always low!! But I am sorry you will have to wait some more.

Acne! What we go through...............................I am experiencing high blood pressure right now and it was always low before.

Sending you teal prayers and e n e r g y for your physical being. And praising the Lord you have the emotional strength to get through it.

Love,
    Libby
  • groundeffect
    groundeffect Member Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    The Chick who Sticks
    Hi Bonnie,

I think you phrased your post a little wrong - you are The Chick who Sticks around! Your spirit is inspiring.

Sue
  • Lauracec
    Lauracec Member Posts: 101
    Options

The Chick who Sticks
    Hi Bonnie,

I think you phrased your post a little wrong - you are The Chick who Sticks around! Your spirit is inspiring.

Sue

Dear Bonnie, sorry that
    Dear Bonnie, sorry that didn't happen this week but it will soon I bet. is the nexavar(spelled wrong) a chemo too? I will be praying everyday that your body remembers to kick in and raise your counts soon. god bless you and thankyou for being you. Laura
  • LPack
    LPack Member Posts: 645
    Options

The Chick who Sticks
    Hi Bonnie,

Sue

ditto
    Sue,

Ditto on The Chick who Sticks around!!

Have a great day in the Lord.

Love,
    libby
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options

The Chick who Sticks
    Hi Bonnie,

Sue

thx
    Hi Sue, you made me laugh and laugh. Never heard that phrase before but I like it. Pray your life has settled down a bit and your hormone therapy continues to do its magic. Hugs bonnie
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Missed chemo
    Sorry about the missed treatment. I will double my platelet prayer for you immediately. Get that bone marrow working bid time.

Are your sticks still covered in snow? We are having 70 deg. temps this week. My daffadills are about 4 inches out of the ground they are so confused. We'll have several more freezes to keep them so. Usually about the time they bud out. I've been out in the yard soaking in the warm sun.

(((Hugs and Prayers)))
    Saundra
  • kris43
    kris43 Member Posts: 275
    Options
    Chick in the Sticks
    I love it both ways. You are, to put it simply, AMAZING! I know your heart must be breaking from the news of Joanne as well as the news that it was a no go on the chemo. Each time I was told I couldn't do chemo that week I would cry and cry. I couldn't even do chemo right. Oh the things we learn.

You hang in there Bonnie.

Kris from South Dakota.