New - Husband diagnosed

Options
2»

Comments

• polarprincess
    polarprincess Member Posts: 202
    Options

Kathleen, you've definately
    Kathleen, you've definately come to the right place and we welcome you and your husband with open arms and hearts (shorter colon = bigger heart! hehehe)! I'm sorry it's under these circumstances but I'm glad you've reached out! My heart goes out to you! I personally think it's so much harder on the caregiver or loved one of the cancer patient than it is on the patient. I watched my husband struggle with feeling helpless as to my prognosis and what I was going through during treatment.

I second Kathy's note, I'm in California too in Orange County, about a half an hour from LA. If there's anything you need, let us know. If you need to get away from it all for awhile, come for dinner with someone who's been through it and is on the other side. There is hope!! We can help you with where to find things in LA too. My hubby has a GPS unit (he's a limo driver) and can help you with directions if you need to go anywhere. Just give a hollar. mmurray2@csulb.edu or lukotheirish325@yahoo.com If any of the rest of you would like my email, please feel free to write it down. I don't see the option of sending emails like we did on the old system.

Just remember cancer isn't an automatic death sentence. I love to read Ron's posts as he's 11 years cancer free. He gives us all hope! Stages will give you the basic idea of where you're at but they aren't the end all be all. I'm inbetween two stages. My cancer perforated my colon but it didn't enter any other organs or lymphnodes so I'm more than a II but not quite a III. It wasn't contained in the colon but it hadn't moved on yet either. I call myself a stage II and a half which goes hand in hand with my half of a colon! Hey you gotta laugh where you can!

Please keep us posted with your husbands prognosis and know that we'll all be thinking of the two of you and praying for you!!

Hugs!

Jorie

hi
    HI, I am dietitian and since you mention you have your husband on a strict diet of green leafy veggies and green tea and have surgery coming up, i would call his doctor and make sure this is ok before surgery.. These are foods high in vitamin k and have effects on clotting of the blood. usually drugs that thin the blood like asprin or coumadin are what doctors are more worried about prior to surgery, and it probably isn't a big deal at all, but i know some of the surgeons i work with also don't want patients eating high vit k foods either. Just thought i would mention it...good luck