Mammo to check clip placement

Options
lauren08
lauren08 Member Posts: 29
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Today I went to have my mammo to check the clip placement from my biopsy on 12/19. I thought I'd be in & out in 1/2 hr like in the past. Was I wrong! I was worried b/c I am still sore from the biopsy a month ago since a blood vessel was hit.

I had everything organized & decided to make a copy of my script to save for my records. But what did I do? I forgot the original home. I didn't realize til I got there 1/2 hr later so I had to call my surgeons office & they said they'd fax it there.
My own dumb fault...

It took over 1/2 hr to get it. Then I go in the room & they do the pix.It was uncomfortable but didn't hurt. THAT TIME!!!!
After waiting in the waiting room another 1/2 hr they call me BACK in for more pix only this time a different machine with smaller paddles which she sent meant more pressure.
I had to grit my teeth. Then at the last one I felt a sharp pain in my sore breast & let out a yelp! I felt like I was going to pass out. I never had a problem with hurting ever,Until TODAY. I guess I'm still not totally healed yet.

2 Hours Later I got to leave with my films in my hand. Starving my boyfriend & I went to eat & to take my mind off of it we went to the movies & saw Gran Torino. What a great movie! I laughed & forgot about everything. It was well worth it. Back to work tomorrow & await my upcoming surgery in 30 days.

Comments

• mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    The waiting is the worst.
    The waiting is the worst. Good luck to you and keep us posted. Hugs, Lili
  • lauren08
    Options

The waiting is the worst.
    The waiting is the worst. Good luck to you and keep us posted. Hugs, Lili

Thank you
    Thank you Lili,will keep you posted.
    Did you say you are from NJ? If so what part? You look so familiar to me.

Take care.
  • mmontero38
    Options
    lauren08 said:

Thank you
    Thank you Lili,will keep you posted.
    Did you say you are from NJ? If so what part? You look so familiar to me.

Take care.

I'm from Woodbridge Lauren,
    I'm from Woodbridge Lauren, what about you?
  • lauren08
    Options

I'm from Woodbridge Lauren,
    I'm from Woodbridge Lauren, what about you?

Thanks Lili,
    HI LILI,
    Oh I think that's up north right? I'm in South Jersey. I'm about 1/2 hr from Philadelphia or 35mins from Atlantic City.

My Dr's office called me today to tell me she's going to find out if my bloodwork will still be good. I had it 5wks b/f my surgery but was told its only good for 30 days. It was just H&H which is hemoglobin to check iron levels I think so maybe I won't have to do it again. No big deal if I have to redo the blood work.
  • mmontero38
    Options
    lauren08 said:

Thanks Lili,
    HI LILI,
    Oh I think that's up north right? I'm in South Jersey. I'm about 1/2 hr from Philadelphia or 35mins from Atlantic City.

My Dr's office called me today to tell me she's going to find out if my bloodwork will still be good. I had it 5wks b/f my surgery but was told its only good for 30 days. It was just H&H which is hemoglobin to check iron levels I think so maybe I won't have to do it again. No big deal if I have to redo the blood work.

We have friends in Marlton.
    Actually, it is Central Jersey. I'm about 1/2 hour from Sandy Hook. We have friends in Marlton. Are you near there? Hugs, Lili
  • survivor51
    survivor51 Member Posts: 276
    Options
    Twiddle de twiddle dumb...
    The waiting is like twiddleing your thumbs together and the wait is just heck. Wait, wait, wait, but then great, you have the answers you need and map out a road. Along that road will you always have a sister in hand from here. Two weeks ago, I had a specialized MRI and they wanted to do another colonospy. I figure no big thing and just had my mother in law come with me. She was great but I no idea what I spoke out while I had the funny dust. I did tell the doctor that I was really ticked off...he said why..."you said the procedure would only take about 20 minutes and I told him for those prices, he could at least allow me to have that great sleep for an hour or do a pedicure." The wait was quick but now I have to have another procedure on Thursday...the wait continues but I have the sisterhood to hold my hand and did I mention a 20 foot Chenheart watching the inaguration. We laugh together and hoot and holler....we are here every step of the way. Grab onto the chain. Angela
  • mmontero38
    Options

Twiddle de twiddle dumb...
    The waiting is like twiddleing your thumbs together and the wait is just heck. Wait, wait, wait, but then great, you have the answers you need and map out a road. Along that road will you always have a sister in hand from here. Two weeks ago, I had a specialized MRI and they wanted to do another colonospy. I figure no big thing and just had my mother in law come with me. She was great but I no idea what I spoke out while I had the funny dust. I did tell the doctor that I was really ticked off...he said why..."you said the procedure would only take about 20 minutes and I told him for those prices, he could at least allow me to have that great sleep for an hour or do a pedicure." The wait was quick but now I have to have another procedure on Thursday...the wait continues but I have the sisterhood to hold my hand and did I mention a 20 foot Chenheart watching the inaguration. We laugh together and hoot and holler....we are here every step of the way. Grab onto the chain. Angela

Wrong Angie, Chen is 50'
    Wrong Angie, Chen is 50' tall LOL. I'm holding your hand all the way. Hugs, Lili