Next Colonpalooza?

Options
webwoman
webwoman Member Posts: 11
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Anyone know if there's a date and place set for the next Colonpalooza gathering? Looks like the most recent was San Francisco in November 2008.

Thanks,

Webwoman

Comments

• scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Hey!!!!
    Howdy Webwoman,

Yes I remember you from Vegas, you laughed at my jokes. Colon Palooza 7 will be this fall and I have just found out that I am the host/hostess for this one. I am just starting to contact hotels in a few venues we talked about at CP6 in San Francisco, where BTW Spongebob and Katie did a fastastic job of hosting. A few of the places we are looking at are (not in any order) Key West, Savannah, Ga, and Niagara Falls. The only thing I can guarantee is that it will be in a location in the eastern time zone since there has never been one here.

There will be more posted here as I learn more, so stay tuned and stay warm!!!

Great to hear from you!!!

Lisa P.
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    scouty said:

Hey!!!!
    Howdy Webwoman,

Yes I remember you from Vegas, you laughed at my jokes. Colon Palooza 7 will be this fall and I have just found out that I am the host/hostess for this one. I am just starting to contact hotels in a few venues we talked about at CP6 in San Francisco, where BTW Spongebob and Katie did a fastastic job of hosting. A few of the places we are looking at are (not in any order) Key West, Savannah, Ga, and Niagara Falls. The only thing I can guarantee is that it will be in a location in the eastern time zone since there has never been one here.

Lisa P.

Hi
    Hi, Lisa.

This is the first post I've seen from you in awhile. Hope that means you're doing well!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • webwoman
    Options
    scouty said:

Hey!!!!
    Howdy Webwoman,

Lisa P.

Palooza!
    Hi Scouty,

Thanks for bringing me up-to-date on the Colon Palooza plans. SpongeBob is always hanging around ports, isn't he? So your east coast port cities would be handy for him, though I imagine you have many people from all over the place who want to attend.

Who's the cute dog in the picture?

Take care,

Cathryn
  • scouty
    Options
    webwoman said:

Palooza!
    Hi Scouty,

Thanks for bringing me up-to-date on the Colon Palooza plans. SpongeBob is always hanging around ports, isn't he? So your east coast port cities would be handy for him, though I imagine you have many people from all over the place who want to attend.

Who's the cute dog in the picture?

Take care,

Cathryn

That's my boxer pup, Scout
    She was only 1 1/2 when I got sick and was a godsend. I call her my very effective cancer fighting dog. When she pouts I call her Scouty Pouty, hence my handle here. She even has a PhD in SILLY given to her by one of my brothers' and sister in law. She be 7 this June and I just shake my head because I clearly remember very tearfully finding her a "new home" in case what the docs said would happen to me did actually happen (luckily they have been wrong thus far).

Take care Cathryn and hopefully we will see at CP7!!!

Lisa P.
  • webwoman
    Options
    scouty said:

That's my boxer pup, Scout
    She was only 1 1/2 when I got sick and was a godsend. I call her my very effective cancer fighting dog. When she pouts I call her Scouty Pouty, hence my handle here. She even has a PhD in SILLY given to her by one of my brothers' and sister in law. She be 7 this June and I just shake my head because I clearly remember very tearfully finding her a "new home" in case what the docs said would happen to me did actually happen (luckily they have been wrong thus far).

Take care Cathryn and hopefully we will see at CP7!!!

Lisa P.

Scout the Boxer
    Who knows what healing and empathy powers dogs might have that we don't fully understand yet? Have you read the "Social Lives of Dogs" by Elizabeth Marshall Thomas? A great read for dog lovers like us.

- Take care,

Cathryn
  • trainer
    trainer Member Posts: 241
    Options
    scouty said:

Hey!!!!
    Howdy Webwoman,

Lisa P.

Colon Palooza next
    I had read somewhere that the next one would be in Halifax, NS. Once you do settle on a place, please give as early notice as possible, as it helps fpr planning and such. Also, there were some great photos of previous CPs, so do you know if when and where any of this year's photos will be on the web?

How did you come to be the host/hostess anyway?
  • scouty
    Options
    trainer said:

Colon Palooza next
    I had read somewhere that the next one would be in Halifax, NS. Once you do settle on a place, please give as early notice as possible, as it helps fpr planning and such. Also, there were some great photos of previous CPs, so do you know if when and where any of this year's photos will be on the web?

How did you come to be the host/hostess anyway?

Very good comments and questions trainer
    We thought about Halifax but since there has already been one there, we decided it best to find another locale. There has never been a Palooza in the eastern time zone so those that attened CP6 voted and Key West came out on top but Savannah and Niagara Fall were a close second. Now it is hotel negotiating time so stay tuned for a location and dates within the next 2-3 weeks (sooner if I have my way).

This year's video/photos will be posted by Lisa Rose as soon as the next site is announced. Are you sitting on pins and needles yet (I hope not, having booty cancer is a big enough pain in the butt).

As far as becoming host/hostess. First you have to be at the previous Palooza. I've been very fortunate and lucky to attend all 6 of the Paloozas so far and when the others found out I had never hosted one, I was appointed while being in the ladies room!!!

I can only hope to be able to do as well as the previous host/hostesses:

CP1: Biloxi, Miss; host Spongebob
    CP2: Vegas; hostess Stacy
    CP3: Austin, Tx; hostess Kerry
    CP4: Halifax, Nova Scotia; host and hostess Andyman and Lisa Rose
    CP5: Nashville, Tn.; hostess Stacy
    CP6: San Fran, Ca.; host and hostess Sponger and USAKat

CP7: TBD; hostess scouty

I'll be posting as soon as I have the dates and room rates so folks can start planning ASAP.

Thanks for the questions and keep them coming trainer!!

Lisa P.
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    Options
    scouty said:

Very good comments and questions trainer
    We thought about Halifax but since there has already been one there, we decided it best to find another locale. There has never been a Palooza in the eastern time zone so those that attened CP6 voted and Key West came out on top but Savannah and Niagara Fall were a close second. Now it is hotel negotiating time so stay tuned for a location and dates within the next 2-3 weeks (sooner if I have my way).

This year's video/photos will be posted by Lisa Rose as soon as the next site is announced. Are you sitting on pins and needles yet (I hope not, having booty cancer is a big enough pain in the butt).

As far as becoming host/hostess. First you have to be at the previous Palooza. I've been very fortunate and lucky to attend all 6 of the Paloozas so far and when the others found out I had never hosted one, I was appointed while being in the ladies room!!!

I can only hope to be able to do as well as the previous host/hostesses:

CP1: Biloxi, Miss; host Spongebob
    CP2: Vegas; hostess Stacy
    CP3: Austin, Tx; hostess Kerry
    CP4: Halifax, Nova Scotia; host and hostess Andyman and Lisa Rose
    CP5: Nashville, Tn.; hostess Stacy
    CP6: San Fran, Ca.; host and hostess Sponger and USAKat

CP7: TBD; hostess scouty

I'll be posting as soon as I have the dates and room rates so folks can start planning ASAP.

Thanks for the questions and keep them coming trainer!!

Lisa P.

Key West?
    You put TBD on the location but in your post you said that Key West was selected, is this correct? Or is Buffalo still being considered?

Thanks
    Beth
  • scouty
    Options
    dorookie said:

Key West?
    You put TBD on the location but in your post you said that Key West was selected, is this correct? Or is Buffalo still being considered?

Thanks
    Beth

Hi Beth
    As the host of the next Palooza, the final location will depend on a combination of airfares and hotel rates for the 4 day weekend. Key West was the number #1 choice of the folks at CP6 but they also understand $$$ is $$$ especially these days. Buffalo and Savannah were close behind so I am trying to consider all 3 while looking for the best deal for the semi-colons but it takes time and many phone calls!!!

Stay tuned.

Lisa P.
  • Lisa Rose
    Lisa Rose Member Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    scouty said:

Hi Beth
    As the host of the next Palooza, the final location will depend on a combination of airfares and hotel rates for the 4 day weekend. Key West was the number #1 choice of the folks at CP6 but they also understand $$$ is $$$ especially these days. Buffalo and Savannah were close behind so I am trying to consider all 3 while looking for the best deal for the semi-colons but it takes time and many phone calls!!!

Stay tuned.

Lisa P.

CP7
    Thanks for the update Lisa

Key West sounds like fun.....

BL