One year ago

Options
liz011808
liz011808 Member Posts: 21
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello everyone,

It's been a while since the last time I write a post.
I've been busy at work and at home. We are preparing
for my daughter who will be going to college in the fall.
But beside being so busy, I spend some time yesterday
for myself. It's my one year anniversary, one year since
my diagnosis of breast cancer. So far, I'm doing good.
I'm taking Tamoxifen 10g twice a day. I do have some
aches and pain on my left shoulder but everything I try
to feel normal. Please join me to celebrate my first
year. Thanks and God bless.
Liz

Comments

• zahalene
    zahalene Member Posts: 670
    Options
    Congratulations Liz!
    And thank you for inviting us to your 'cyber party'.
    I'll bring the ginger ale (teetotaler here...lol).
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Options
    Anniversary
    Hi Liz

Congratulations on your one year anniversary! May you have many, many, many more.
    I'll bring the cake.

Hugs
    Jadie
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Congratulations Liz. Glad
    Congratulations Liz. Glad everything is going well. May you have many more years of anniversaries to celebrate with us. I'll bring the champagne. LOL Hugs, Lili
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    I'm dancing for you!!!!
    Happy one-year!!! I'm looking at 3 years in July!

Hugs, Kathi
  • EllieJV
    EllieJV Member Posts: 16
    Options
    Oh how exciting! Thanks so
    Oh how exciting! Thanks so much, for the invite! May you continue to have great success, and much happiness. Let's keep this party going...Ellie
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    I'm beggin to celebrate too.
    I'm beggin to celebrate too. yea!!
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    Congratulations Liz, may you
    Congratulations Liz, may you have many more :)
    jan
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options

Congratulations Liz, may you
    Congratulations Liz, may you have many more :)
    jan

So Cool!
    Congratulstions!! I am doing the happy dance for you..Gives me so much hope and encouragement. I'm straining my eyes trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel.. courageous women like you and belief in God, is just what i needed today and everyday

Party on!!!
    Jackie
  • cnwrn
    cnwrn Member Posts: 28
    Options
    one year anniversary
    Liz:

Congratulations! I just passed my half year diagnosis anniversary, and have my half-year mastectomy anniversary coming up on Feb. 1st.

One question I would like to ask, is what do most people use as their "anniverary day"? I figured I will use my mastectomy day since that is the day they took the cancer away. What are the rest of you using?

I'm glad to hear you have returned to a normal busy life. I have sent 2 sons to college and know what work that can be. Right now we are in the college searching stage for my youngest, my daughter is a junior.

I'm glad you are doing good. I hope your aches and pains lessen. Best Wishes!

Cathy
  • liz011808
    liz011808 Member Posts: 21
    Options
    cnwrn said:

one year anniversary
    Liz:

Congratulations! I just passed my half year diagnosis anniversary, and have my half-year mastectomy anniversary coming up on Feb. 1st.

One question I would like to ask, is what do most people use as their "anniverary day"? I figured I will use my mastectomy day since that is the day they took the cancer away. What are the rest of you using?

I'm glad to hear you have returned to a normal busy life. I have sent 2 sons to college and know what work that can be. Right now we are in the college searching stage for my youngest, my daughter is a junior.

Cathy

Hello All Sisters,
    Thank you

Hello All Sisters,

Thank you so much for attending my cyber party.
    I know you all understand what a year really means
    to us. Even day by day is a celebration. I use Jan.
    18 as my anniversary because it is the day the doctor
    told me the news that changed my life forever.

Anyway, I'm so glad that I have all of you there
    to support me and give me encouragement.
    Thanks and God bless us all.. Liz
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    cnwrn said:

one year anniversary
    Liz:

Cathy

I read that you use the
    I read that you use the diagnose date. So I use the date the PCP told me he thought it was cancer and referred me to a surgeon. They also got me in that day for a mammogram and ultrasound. Aug. 5 2003. It was the beginning for me.
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Congrats
    And thanks for letting us celebrate with you! We all need these celebrations to keep us going strong. As for anniversary dates, I guess it is personal for everyone. I believe I will use the day I was diagnosed, November 17, 2008 -- right before the holidays. I hope to be making a similar annoucement next year and to have a much better Thanksgiving and Christmas. Best wishes to you for years to come.

Mimi
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

Congrats
    And thanks for letting us celebrate with you! We all need these celebrations to keep us going strong. As for anniversary dates, I guess it is personal for everyone. I believe I will use the day I was diagnosed, November 17, 2008 -- right before the holidays. I hope to be making a similar annoucement next year and to have a much better Thanksgiving and Christmas. Best wishes to you for years to come.

Mimi

Better Holidays in 2009
    I too hope for a better Thanksgiving and Christmas in 2009. For all of us but it will be a year for me also. Funny that each of my cancers were found just before the holidays. Maybe I should just skip them after all. And congrats to those that are celebrating milestones big and small.
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

Better Holidays in 2009
    I too hope for a better Thanksgiving and Christmas in 2009. For all of us but it will be a year for me also. Funny that each of my cancers were found just before the holidays. Maybe I should just skip them after all. And congrats to those that are celebrating milestones big and small.

Holidays
    They can be hard for so many reasons, but add a cancer diagnosis to the mix and... Well, at least this experience can teach one the meaning of "thankful." Here's to a wonderful 2009 for everyone.

Mimi
  • Parillab
    Parillab Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Congratulations
    Hello Liz,

I am new to the site but would like to congratulate you on your one year milestone. It is wonderful that you can celebrate. Here's to your blessings! I can't wait to get there.

Deborah
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Parillab said:

Congratulations
    Hello Liz,

I am new to the site but would like to congratulate you on your one year milestone. It is wonderful that you can celebrate. Here's to your blessings! I can't wait to get there.

Deborah

You will also Deborah. Just
    You will also Deborah. Just know we are here for you, Hugs, Lili
  • Parillab
    Parillab Member Posts: 6
    Options

You will also Deborah. Just
    You will also Deborah. Just know we are here for you, Hugs, Lili

Thank You
    Lili, Thank you for the kind words of encouragement. It's amazing how one small sentence can make you feel so much better.

Deb
  • EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Let's party!!!!

I'm so happy for you!

Maureen