If there is something other than Chemo?

Options
steven12
steven12 Member Posts: 51
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I just returned from my regular exam. CEA 2 weeks ago went up again, from 60 in Nov.08, to 200. It is more then 2yrs now as it is started to rise after being 2.5 yrs NED. CT scans, including the last one in Nov.08, still not showing significant progression though. Multiple spots, surgery is out of question. In my case CEA suppose to be a good marker as it was so far "following" the cancer detected by PET/CT. So, we agreed with my onc to rely mostly on CEA and to have CT only every 6 months as I am aware of the radiation. The last, short 3-4 month's Chemo, in middle of 08, reduced the CEA from 300 to 10. I am going to start another Xeliri in late February again. I was thinking to have longer chemo this time and to reduce the CEA to normal levels. Interestingly enough, my onc confirmed that when somebody has a recurrence, there is not much difference between normal or high CEA levels. In both cases there is an almost equal possibility to get further new mets anywhere in the body. And, this is, as he said, may even happen during chemotherapy! Cancer sucks, isn't it? CEA is at least a number and not like: "...there is a suspicious spot in the left lower abdomen..." so if I would take any natural remedies, when not being on chemo, I could easily follow if that reduces the cancer or not. If I could only know what should I try, what is completely natural and not harm full?
Best wishes to everybody,
Steven

Comments

• maggyfrance
    maggyfrance Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Alternative treatments in addition to chemo or as a replacement
    There are many all natural regimens that include vegetable juicing and eating mostly fresh and unprocessed foods. Please google "Budwig and cancer"; Dr. Budwig is a German doctor who developed an all natural cancer cell fighter(flaxseed oil blended with cottage cheese) that has been proven to kill cancer cells. There's a long list of cancer patients, many books written on the subject and a yahoo website that boasts some of the best information on the web. Also, there is a clinic in Mariposa, Spain, that provides treatments based on Dr. Budwig's research and offers a full refund to anyone who doesn't see significant improvement in their fight against cancer.

I personally follow the Budwig diet as closely as I can, now that I'm ned in hopes that it will help keep my body healthy and prevent any future occurances.

Here's a good website: http://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?

I'm stage 4 and ned since August '08.
  • mono5
    mono5 Member Posts: 94
    Options
    I think the best..
    supplement, Steve.. along with the diet mentioned, is one that is extensively used in Japan. The medicinal mushrooms with AHCC is more widely excepted even outside Japan. Its known as a "superfood" nutriential supplement.
    In the case of AhCC, a "superfood" nutritional supplement from Japan, there is an unusual combination of mainstream acceptance by the medical profession ( not in the USA, which leads to some questions) and by the the general public. In fact, it goes on, AHCC is close to being considered a mainstream cancer therapy in Japan, and its acceptance is rapidly growing in other countries. Part of this rapid acceptance is due to the volume of scientific research devoted to the many applications of AHCC. AHCC is being used in over 700 hospitals in Japan and is being researched further in 15 japanese medical colleges and universities. Outside of Japan, universites in the US, China Korea and Thailand are conducting research on AHCC.

Because AHCC is a medical "super food" that srengthens immune system function, it could be recommended for any type of cancer. Data from over 100,00 cancer patients with various kinds of cancer has shown that 60% of patients have benefited to some degree and many have found it effective enough to induce remission. AHCC can actually relieve most, and sometimes increases the effectiveness of chemotherapy. AHCC offers hair loss prevention, protects bone marrow, prevents liver damage, nausea and vomiting. Combined AHCC and conventional chemotherapy enhanced efficiency by decreasing tumor size 20 percent more than chemotherapy alone and preventing metastasis, spread of the tumor to other parts of the body, by 30 percent more than chemotherapy. One of the great advantages of AHCC is that conventional chemotherapy does not distringuish between normal cells and cancer cells, but AHCC stimulates the action of the NK (natural killer) cells which destroy only the abnormal cells.

This is a brief sample of the information you'll find in a FREE 30 page booklet, intitled AHCC, Active Hexose Correlated Compound, that you can order from www.iherb.com Simple search for free booklet AHCC at that website. Share this with your oncologist. Several AHCC products are also sold their. Although shop around. Immpower is the one i heard about... No finanical connection do i have here, just information i pray could help you. I heard about from a homeopathic doc and did some research. Dosages suggested for cancer patients are in the book also. Take care. God bless, Ron

Heres another link on an article about AHCC...

http://form.hsibaltimore.com/reports/mushroom_cancer.pdf
    Research at..
    http://www.ahccpublishedresearch.com/wwwroot-ahcc/studies/AHCC_02_1002.html
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    mono5 said:

I think the best..
    supplement, Steve.. along with the diet mentioned, is one that is extensively used in Japan. The medicinal mushrooms with AHCC is more widely excepted even outside Japan. Its known as a "superfood" nutriential supplement.
    In the case of AhCC, a "superfood" nutritional supplement from Japan, there is an unusual combination of mainstream acceptance by the medical profession ( not in the USA, which leads to some questions) and by the the general public. In fact, it goes on, AHCC is close to being considered a mainstream cancer therapy in Japan, and its acceptance is rapidly growing in other countries. Part of this rapid acceptance is due to the volume of scientific research devoted to the many applications of AHCC. AHCC is being used in over 700 hospitals in Japan and is being researched further in 15 japanese medical colleges and universities. Outside of Japan, universites in the US, China Korea and Thailand are conducting research on AHCC.

Because AHCC is a medical "super food" that srengthens immune system function, it could be recommended for any type of cancer. Data from over 100,00 cancer patients with various kinds of cancer has shown that 60% of patients have benefited to some degree and many have found it effective enough to induce remission. AHCC can actually relieve most, and sometimes increases the effectiveness of chemotherapy. AHCC offers hair loss prevention, protects bone marrow, prevents liver damage, nausea and vomiting. Combined AHCC and conventional chemotherapy enhanced efficiency by decreasing tumor size 20 percent more than chemotherapy alone and preventing metastasis, spread of the tumor to other parts of the body, by 30 percent more than chemotherapy. One of the great advantages of AHCC is that conventional chemotherapy does not distringuish between normal cells and cancer cells, but AHCC stimulates the action of the NK (natural killer) cells which destroy only the abnormal cells.

This is a brief sample of the information you'll find in a FREE 30 page booklet, intitled AHCC, Active Hexose Correlated Compound, that you can order from www.iherb.com Simple search for free booklet AHCC at that website. Share this with your oncologist. Several AHCC products are also sold their. Although shop around. Immpower is the one i heard about... No finanical connection do i have here, just information i pray could help you. I heard about from a homeopathic doc and did some research. Dosages suggested for cancer patients are in the book also. Take care. God bless, Ron

Heres another link on an article about AHCC...

http://form.hsibaltimore.com/reports/mushroom_cancer.pdf
    Research at..
    http://www.ahccpublishedresearch.com/wwwroot-ahcc/studies/AHCC_02_1002.html

More info
    I followed your links, then googled AHCC. I found this from a site from Sloan-Kettering http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/html/69113.cfm#BrandName
    It does discuss interactions : "AHCC can induce CYP450 2D6 (10). This may decrease the activity of other drugs, like doxorubicin or ondansetron, which are substrates of this enzyme." Very interesting, I think I am going to look into this more!
    mary
  • mono5
    Options
    Thanks Mary...
    for the link.. i made a note of it! Let me know what else you find out about it. You can order the booklet about AHCC for a buck and change (shipping charge) at iherb.com or at amazon.con for around $6.00. I would be curious what an oncologist would say, if you put the booklet in his lap. The booklet is a lot more compelling. My guess is if he got the beast, he'd be on it! Have you heard of polymva. This homeo doc described it as non- toxic form of chemo in his practice. He uses it in combo with coQ10 ubiquinol. Heres a link to it... http://www.polymvasurvivors.com/

cheers, Ron
  • steven12
    steven12 Member Posts: 51
    Options
    mono5 said:

Thanks Mary...
    for the link.. i made a note of it! Let me know what else you find out about it. You can order the booklet about AHCC for a buck and change (shipping charge) at iherb.com or at amazon.con for around $6.00. I would be curious what an oncologist would say, if you put the booklet in his lap. The booklet is a lot more compelling. My guess is if he got the beast, he'd be on it! Have you heard of polymva. This homeo doc described it as non- toxic form of chemo in his practice. He uses it in combo with coQ10 ubiquinol. Heres a link to it... http://www.polymvasurvivors.com/

cheers, Ron

AHCC and else
    Thank you all for the comments and info's. I hoped for a reply from somebody who actually found something what is measurably ( through CEA or CT/PET ) would reduce the cancerous growth. I am in a good situation now, not on chemo with high CEA, and going to have checked it again in three weeks. I also have found many sites about AHCC or other remedies which are different and allegedly directly killing cancer like vitamin B17 ( or laetrile, apricot seed ), artemisinin. I know about simple higher dose ( more then 1g/day ) of vitamin C could also very much boost the immune system and indirectly kill the disease. The best form of AHCC so far I have found is ImmPower manufactured by major pharmaceutic company. It's expensive and I am trying to find a direct source. You can search for it just by the name.
    All the best, Steven
  • mono5
    Options
    steven12 said:

AHCC and else
    Thank you all for the comments and info's. I hoped for a reply from somebody who actually found something what is measurably ( through CEA or CT/PET ) would reduce the cancerous growth. I am in a good situation now, not on chemo with high CEA, and going to have checked it again in three weeks. I also have found many sites about AHCC or other remedies which are different and allegedly directly killing cancer like vitamin B17 ( or laetrile, apricot seed ), artemisinin. I know about simple higher dose ( more then 1g/day ) of vitamin C could also very much boost the immune system and indirectly kill the disease. The best form of AHCC so far I have found is ImmPower manufactured by major pharmaceutic company. It's expensive and I am trying to find a direct source. You can search for it just by the name.
    All the best, Steven

More medicinal mushroom info
    Wow, thats good to hear, Steve. Your on the right track, working on your immune system. Heres a good article for juicing against cancer.. http://www.articlealley.com/article_746085_17.html
    Theres a company called New Chapter that has a product called "Host Defence" thats a top rated medicinal mushroom formula with 17 mushrooms. Heres a link to an article on it..
    http://www.naturalnews.com/025378.html (They manufacture their own whole food formula)

Another great natural whole food herbal formula by New Chapter that said to be the most popular anti-inflammatory product in the world, is called Zyflamend.(google Zyflamend and you'll bring an article on it) When i read it, i had to try it. It works amazing well for pain and inflammation. Cancer is associated with inflammation, so this product which also has two powerful anticancer herbs, turmeric and green tea plus 7 more, and it's safe to take everyday since it whole food herbs.

I diden't know a pharmacetical company mfged Immpower...

Another incrediable formula i heard a homeopathic doc mention, as what he called, a non-toxic form of chemotherapy, called Poly-MVA. http://www.polymvasurvivors.com/ (taken with CoQ10 with Ubiquinol its effectiveness is increased two-fold.)

Gravizon : hhttp://www.amazonherb.net/ProductInfo.aspx?ItemID=5027 (Contains one of the legendary herbs from the Amazon) :
    http://www.rain-tree.com/graviola.htm
    A great safe, whole herb supplement for daily detox
    Article on Graviola:
    http://www.hsibaltimore.com/articles/hsi_2001ds/hsi_200101_awb9.html

As i said before i'm not affiliated with any of these products ( with the exception of Gravizon, so i gave you the link off the corporate site) or websites.

Take care, Ron
  • elsaconcepcion
    elsaconcepcion Member Posts: 1
    Options

Alternative treatments in addition to chemo or as a replacement
    There are many all natural regimens that include vegetable juicing and eating mostly fresh and unprocessed foods. Please google "Budwig and cancer"; Dr. Budwig is a German doctor who developed an all natural cancer cell fighter(flaxseed oil blended with cottage cheese) that has been proven to kill cancer cells. There's a long list of cancer patients, many books written on the subject and a yahoo website that boasts some of the best information on the web. Also, there is a clinic in Mariposa, Spain, that provides treatments based on Dr. Budwig's research and offers a full refund to anyone who doesn't see significant improvement in their fight against cancer.

I personally follow the Budwig diet as closely as I can, now that I'm ned in hopes that it will help keep my body healthy and prevent any future occurances.

Here's a good website: http://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?

I'm stage 4 and ned since August '08.

Gravizon
    Does anyone knows how much Gravizon should I take per day. Im fighting colorectal cancer. I having a CT Guided Biopsy of one of my lungs done next Tuesday April 13. I started to take Gravizon and the Amazon Teas. Please let me know since I would be starting chemotherapy soon. Can I take Gravizon while I go trhough chemo. Please help!