good morning all

Options
kevindee
kevindee Member Posts: 72
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
good brr morning ladies. lol i hope you're staying warm. so far i know kathi is, i read her post. home to l.a. my brother in law lives in cal. i also have a 16yr old grand daughter in san diago. ive never been but it looks beautiful in pics. my hubbys been there of course. anyway i hope all of yous are having a very good day. deedee

Comments

• mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Stay warm
    You have a great day, too, Dee dee. I am sitting in my warm house with my cats, plenty of food in the fridge, feeling healthy. What more can a person want? Have a great day, everyone.

Mimi
  • ninjamom
    ninjamom Member Posts: 142
    Options
    Good morning!!!! I'm in
    Good morning!!!! I'm in northern california and I'm freezing!!! I'm budled up in my blancket with the fireplace goigng.

But....were here so its a great day
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Weather
    Good Morning to you too! It is cold here in California in the early morning when I do my walk ( like 33 degrees) but it honestly has been heating up to the mid 80's during the afternoon!Go figure! boots and gloves in the morning, shorts and T's during the day!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Options
    Good afternoon DeeDee
    The

Good afternoon DeeDee

The sun is shining beautifully here. It is up to 17 degrees and its mid day. It was one degree this morning. So needless to say " I'm Cold". LOL

Have a great one
    Jadie
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    It's mid forties here but in
    It's mid forties here but in a few days will be 70. I'm looking forward to that. Keep warm but the cold won't last forever. It will be spring before you know it!
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    3 balmy degrees in the Ozarks this AM
    No typo. Three above zero. And trying to snow! It's now 18 and the sun has popped out, making it feel a little warmer. Moopsy and I went to the mall to get her glasses adjusted, and now she's at home resting up for her hair styling appointment. She is going to get a short bob cut as a kind of "transition" to losing her hair.

Me, I pretty much lost my hair in my middle twenties and I'm a guy besides... so of course I can't understand what you ladies go through. But maybe someday I will be able to convince Moopy that she will ALWAYS be the most beautiful thing in the world to me, hair or no hair.

Joe
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Good afternoon DeeDee: It
    Good afternoon DeeDee: It was very cold here today also. This morning the temp was 8 and the windchill was 0 and we now got to a balmy 21. Go figure. Try to stay warm. Hugs, Lili
  • mmontero38
    Options
    Aortus said:

3 balmy degrees in the Ozarks this AM
    No typo. Three above zero. And trying to snow! It's now 18 and the sun has popped out, making it feel a little warmer. Moopsy and I went to the mall to get her glasses adjusted, and now she's at home resting up for her hair styling appointment. She is going to get a short bob cut as a kind of "transition" to losing her hair.

Me, I pretty much lost my hair in my middle twenties and I'm a guy besides... so of course I can't understand what you ladies go through. But maybe someday I will be able to convince Moopy that she will ALWAYS be the most beautiful thing in the world to me, hair or no hair.

Joe

What a romantic heart you
    What a romantic heart you are. Moopy should be proud to have you at her side. I'm sure she knows how much you love her. Tell Moopy I wish her all the best. Hugs, Lili
  • cruf
    cruf Member Posts: 908
    Options

Good afternoon DeeDee: It
    Good afternoon DeeDee: It was very cold here today also. This morning the temp was 8 and the windchill was 0 and we now got to a balmy 21. Go figure. Try to stay warm. Hugs, Lili

BRRRR
    Hi Lili! Where do you live? Sounds like our weather here in NY. I live about 30 miles north of NYC. Sure wish I could move for part of the year to warmer country. HUGS!! Cathy
  • mmontero38
    Options
    cruf said:

BRRRR
    Hi Lili! Where do you live? Sounds like our weather here in NY. I live about 30 miles north of NYC. Sure wish I could move for part of the year to warmer country. HUGS!! Cathy

Hi Cathy, I'm across the
    Hi Cathy, I'm across the river in NJ. I live 15 miles south of NYC. I could move to an island right now with out any regrets. LOL Hugs, Lili
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    Good Afternoon
    It's 22F here in northern British Columbia and I can't believe it was actually colder down there in many spots. Guess I should stop complaining! It's foggy today and all the trees and bushes have frost on them. Quite pretty. I posted a couple of pics of our winter scene on my expressions page. Hope you enjoy.
    love
    jan
  • NYGMom
    NYGMom Member Posts: 34
    Options

Hi Cathy, I'm across the
    Hi Cathy, I'm across the river in NJ. I live 15 miles south of NYC. I could move to an island right now with out any regrets. LOL Hugs, Lili

GIANTS OR JETS FAN????
    GIANTS OR JETS FAN???? PLEASE SAY GIANTS! -1 IN OHIO!!!
  • cnwrn
    cnwrn Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi:

It was -10 this morning (Rocky River OH) with a wind chill of -18. There were over 400 school closings due to the cold today. We have over a foot of snow on the ground, but at least Lake Erie is 80% frozen so not too much more Lake Effect snow is expected. Right now it is -4 (@ 12:05 on Jan. 17th). But this is winter in Northeast Ohio! Atleast I have had fewer hot flashes in the last few days!

Take Care,

Cathy
  • mmontero38
    Options
    NYGMom said:

GIANTS OR JETS FAN????
    GIANTS OR JETS FAN???? PLEASE SAY GIANTS! -1 IN OHIO!!!

GIANTS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!
    GIANTS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!! WOOHOOO. Too bad we lost to the Eagles. Would have been sweet if we made it to super bowl. Hugs, Lili
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    It's always cold in Montana
    Good Morning!! It's always cold in the winter in MT. but the sun is out today and its about 38 above. I am so happy!! that i'm going out to lunch with a friend this afternoon YEAH!

God Bless

Jackie
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    rjjj said:

It's always cold in Montana
    Good Morning!! It's always cold in the winter in MT. but the sun is out today and its about 38 above. I am so happy!! that i'm going out to lunch with a friend this afternoon YEAH!

God Bless

Jackie

It warmed up here too!
    Better yet, Moopsy got a pretty good night's sleep for the first time since chemo started. She even went out with me for a bite to eat and a run through a local Kmart (figured it would be less busy than Walmart and she was right).

The bummer is that *I* got sick. Don't know whether it was flu or food poisoning, but I definitely had both ends burning last night and wound up sleeping on the couch. It was sweet how Moopy would come in and check on me and make sure the blankets were pulled over me. But when I got up for good this morning she just gave me this strange look and asked "Why on earth didn't you sleep in the GUEST BEDROOM instead?"

She's back to her own bad self again. Nothing is going to keep this woman down for long. The stupid cancer (we have named it Dildon, after a loathsome co-worker of Moopy's) doesn't even know who it screwed with.