Hopeful they are working on "The Cure"

Options
young_one
young_one Member Posts: 67
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have been following this for a while now and we discuss it every few months on another board. I have waivered back and forth between hope for a cure and dispair when I lose someone to the beast. But right now I am on the hope side, so I thought I would share. It's very interesting in the least and might offer some hope for others as well. Keep in mind that MD Anderson is one of the top (if not the #1) cancer treatment facilities in America so I am encouraged by that. Here are the two links. I hope they work. :)

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/04/10/60minutes/main4006951.shtml

http://hv120.cn/index.php/article/diseases/2009-01-10/13751.html

The first one gives the original info on it and the second one gives the progress update as of December 19th.

Comments

• young_one
    Options
    Hmmm... I am an idiot and
    Hmmm... I am an idiot and can't figure out how to make them direct links. So, I guess you will have to copy and paste into your address bar thingy. Or if anyone else knows how to post them as links, feel free to do so. I think there is at least one computer guru on here. And I have established that I am not one of them. LOL.
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    young_one said:

Hmmm... I am an idiot and
    Hmmm... I am an idiot and can't figure out how to make them direct links. So, I guess you will have to copy and paste into your address bar thingy. Or if anyone else knows how to post them as links, feel free to do so. I think there is at least one computer guru on here. And I have established that I am not one of them. LOL.

wow
    That article gave me goose bumps! Thanks for sharing!
  • mono5
    mono5 Member Posts: 94
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

wow
    That article gave me goose bumps! Thanks for sharing!

Cure for cancer...
    God with infinite wisdom, created plants with amazing pharmacology. Traditional wisdom also shows that using the whole plant can be far more powerful than any one isolated ingredient modern science can synthesize to create a drug.

When it comes to finding the cure for cancer, researchers who operate in a western science point of view believe they're doing important work when they dissect and disassemble plants to find isolated anti-cancer chemicals that can be replicated in synthetic pharmaceutical factories. But this approach to finding a cure for cancer is flawed... a short cartoon story to illustrate why.

by Ben Kage

Copy & Paste on link below to view The Scientist, the Holy Plants, and the Cure for Cancer.

http://www.naturalnews.com/holyplants0.html

Swipe right to left on link (Blue it out), right click. On pull down screen left click on copy, move curser to address strip, left click again(Blues out), right click & on pull down screen, left click on paste. Link should transfer and finanlly hit enter... enjoy!
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    THANKS
    Hey there Young One,

Thanks for the info. It was quite interesting to say the least. I sent the first one on to my dad is was in the same line of work as the gentleman making the machine to get his gist on the subject. I am waiting for his reply. Once again thank you for sharing and giving others a bit of hope.

RE
  • young_one
    Options
    RE said:

THANKS
    Hey there Young One,

Thanks for the info. It was quite interesting to say the least. I sent the first one on to my dad is was in the same line of work as the gentleman making the machine to get his gist on the subject. I am waiting for his reply. Once again thank you for sharing and giving others a bit of hope.

RE

You're very welcome. My
    You're very welcome. My post was intended to be exactly that- a little bit of hope. I would be interested in what your dad has to say about it too. Keep me posted. :)
  • young_one
    Options
    mono5 said:

Cure for cancer...
    God with infinite wisdom, created plants with amazing pharmacology. Traditional wisdom also shows that using the whole plant can be far more powerful than any one isolated ingredient modern science can synthesize to create a drug.

When it comes to finding the cure for cancer, researchers who operate in a western science point of view believe they're doing important work when they dissect and disassemble plants to find isolated anti-cancer chemicals that can be replicated in synthetic pharmaceutical factories. But this approach to finding a cure for cancer is flawed... a short cartoon story to illustrate why.

by Ben Kage

Copy & Paste on link below to view The Scientist, the Holy Plants, and the Cure for Cancer.

http://www.naturalnews.com/holyplants0.html

Swipe right to left on link (Blue it out), right click. On pull down screen left click on copy, move curser to address strip, left click again(Blues out), right click & on pull down screen, left click on paste. Link should transfer and finanlly hit enter... enjoy!

Hey mono5
    I think I understood the dig. Subtle. But here's the thing, I didn't post this as a topic for debate. I posted it because the information in it might provide some hope for those of us that have taken the "traditional" route. Why do you want to squash that? Don't bash my choices and I won't bash yours. But if you want to go rounds about who's methods are better then fine, I'll get my gloves on. You seem to have a problem with traditional medicine but I have specificly said that I have no problem with *complimentary* medicine. Or maybe you didn't like my comment about MD Anderson. Perhaps you'd like to tarnish their image a little since they are one of the "big, bad research facilities". I don't know who you are but if you came here to be the official **** stirrer, I have news for you: You are too late. I already hold that title. Just ask anyone here. I have done it without even being aware of it.

Enjoy.
  • RE
    Options
    young_one said:

You're very welcome. My
    You're very welcome. My post was intended to be exactly that- a little bit of hope. I would be interested in what your dad has to say about it too. Keep me posted. :)

MY DAD'S RESPONSE
    Hello again,

I have attached my dad's rather brief response. My dad worked in this field for the military for many years, he is 78 and sharp as a tack. He has lost his wife and one daughter to cancer and I have had it several times. I know his hopes are for the little guy to get his project off the ground. I will be seeing him in a few days and plan to chat with him to hear more of what he has to say.

FOLLOWING IS HIS RESPONSE

I watched the video and read the article. Looks promising, but like all the research and inventors who perfected the 55 mpg carburetor way back in the 50s and 60s the big money guys will probably buy the patent and it will die. With the media coverage and research labs publicizing all the findings, and 60 minutes keeping tabs on the progress, maybe they will get around the $$$ guys. Hopefully anyway.

love U,

dad
  • young_one
    Options
    RE said:

MY DAD'S RESPONSE
    Hello again,

I have attached my dad's rather brief response. My dad worked in this field for the military for many years, he is 78 and sharp as a tack. He has lost his wife and one daughter to cancer and I have had it several times. I know his hopes are for the little guy to get his project off the ground. I will be seeing him in a few days and plan to chat with him to hear more of what he has to say.

FOLLOWING IS HIS RESPONSE

I watched the video and read the article. Looks promising, but like all the research and inventors who perfected the 55 mpg carburetor way back in the 50s and 60s the big money guys will probably buy the patent and it will die. With the media coverage and research labs publicizing all the findings, and 60 minutes keeping tabs on the progress, maybe they will get around the $$$ guys. Hopefully anyway.

love U,

dad

"With the media coverage and
    "With the media coverage and research labs publicizing all the findings, and 60 minutes keeping tabs on the progress, maybe they will get around the $$$ guys. Hopefully anyway."

From his lips...

:)
  • RE
    Options
    young_one said:

"With the media coverage and
    "With the media coverage and research labs publicizing all the findings, and 60 minutes keeping tabs on the progress, maybe they will get around the $$$ guys. Hopefully anyway."

From his lips...

:)

YUP
    Yes, I know it is his wish. I am sure he would love to turn back time to give his wife and oldest daughter the same hope this article suggests. Thanks again for posting it.

RE
  • mono5
    mono5 Member Posts: 94
    Options
    young_one said:

Hey mono5
    I think I understood the dig. Subtle. But here's the thing, I didn't post this as a topic for debate. I posted it because the information in it might provide some hope for those of us that have taken the "traditional" route. Why do you want to squash that? Don't bash my choices and I won't bash yours. But if you want to go rounds about who's methods are better then fine, I'll get my gloves on. You seem to have a problem with traditional medicine but I have specificly said that I have no problem with *complimentary* medicine. Or maybe you didn't like my comment about MD Anderson. Perhaps you'd like to tarnish their image a little since they are one of the "big, bad research facilities". I don't know who you are but if you came here to be the official **** stirrer, I have news for you: You are too late. I already hold that title. Just ask anyone here. I have done it without even being aware of it.

Enjoy.

Hey back to you young_one
    You were right... i was out of line. I apologize to you and anyone else i may have affended with my post.No dig intended. I'm new here and just finding my way around. Thanks for the information on the Kanzius concept. I saw it on 60 minutes when it first hit the tube but had forgotten about it. I think it has a good chance if Anderson can get it approved with the FDA by 2010. I think traditional meds and complimentary protocols can do wonders together to reduce the side effects, and actually help chemo and radiation be more effective, as whats happening in Japan and other parts of the world. There tends to be a blackout here on that.
    Anything to reduce the collateral damage from chemotherapy and radiation. I opted out of both after my operation and have been in remission for 7 year. I think that the cancer diagnoses, revisited in my case, wasen't just the luck of the draw. I believe cancer is a sign that something inside us has gone terribly wrong and needs to be corrected, otherwise we'll be looking over our shoulder at every turn of the corner. Again, accept my appology, yound_one. Thanks for setting me straight. God bless you and everyone out there on the board...
  • young_one
    Options
    mono5 said:

Hey back to you young_one
    You were right... i was out of line. I apologize to you and anyone else i may have affended with my post.No dig intended. I'm new here and just finding my way around. Thanks for the information on the Kanzius concept. I saw it on 60 minutes when it first hit the tube but had forgotten about it. I think it has a good chance if Anderson can get it approved with the FDA by 2010. I think traditional meds and complimentary protocols can do wonders together to reduce the side effects, and actually help chemo and radiation be more effective, as whats happening in Japan and other parts of the world. There tends to be a blackout here on that.
    Anything to reduce the collateral damage from chemotherapy and radiation. I opted out of both after my operation and have been in remission for 7 year. I think that the cancer diagnoses, revisited in my case, wasen't just the luck of the draw. I believe cancer is a sign that something inside us has gone terribly wrong and needs to be corrected, otherwise we'll be looking over our shoulder at every turn of the corner. Again, accept my appology, yound_one. Thanks for setting me straight. God bless you and everyone out there on the board...

Well, that's the pure joy of
    Well, that's the pure joy of it. No collateral damage at all. No side effects. The only question is whether they can figure out how to target specific kinds of cancer. This should make someone who believes as you do... excited. Did I miss something? I mean for once they are not working on a new chemo. Not that I didn't take my fair share of it and several other people's shares as well and would do so again if I had to. But this may make it so no one has to do chemo. I would think that the alternative folks would be excited. Just my 2 cents. Apology accepted.
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Very cool!
    Thanks for this article. I think this is very neat and I am filled with hope. They are working so hard on a cancer cure on all fronts, and the science has come so far already. In my grandmother's time, they gave you a mastectomy and sent you home. She had no follow-ups, treatments, or anything. I am grateful to be living in our time.

Mimi