Had a Hi and a Low today

Options
Buzzard
Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I lost my best friend to brain cancer yesterday morning at 6:15......Today, one of our church ladies that has been fighting cancer received her gift of NED yesterday. To say the least its been a merry go round here......The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.....My best friend is in the Lords lap and pain free now.....My lady at church was allowed to spend more time on this earth. I know He has plans for both.........Normally, it would be physically hard for me to even think about it without crying, for some reason I have a calm sincere feeling that she is fine and looking down at me as I look up to her.....I miss her, but I know for sure that I'll see her again...........love to all my friends here....Clift

Comments

• msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    highs and lows
    Clift, your faith is just amazing! I don't doubt for a second that God is using the beast through you to reach many, many people. (I am sure you wish He'd chosen some OTHER way for you to reach them, but them's the cards you've been dealt!). You know for sure that your friend is in heaven, whole again, and looking down on you; another angel to help you when times get tough. I feel my mother and my dear friend when I am at my lowest the most; wrapped around me and comforting me. I also know that I will be with them again, enjoying eternity in the best darned real estate money can't buy!
    mary
  • amcp
    amcp Member Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Highs and Lows
    Cliff
    Your words of encouragement mean so much to my husband and I about Vanderbilt. I had to write and let you know that your faith and strength is so great. I lost my mother to cancer, my father to heart disease, and two brother in laws, so I too feel that they look down as I look up. This earth is just a tempory stop on our journey to Heaven above where there will be no more pain, sorry, or even tears. What a wonderful day that will be!! Keep on keeping on ...you are doing God's and helping so many like us with your story and comments. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Anna
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Beautiful
    Clift, you are a beautiful spirit. I am always uplifted by your posts. I'm sorry about your friend who passed on, but it's wonderful news about the lady from church. I know you will miss the friend who is in heaven now, but as you well know, it's a lovely pain-free place. So some rejoicing is in order, as well.

You are loved back by your friends here.

*hugs*

Gail
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    Options
    My heart is with you
    You are so encouraging to many of us. I know you are my beacon through all of this. I also know how strong is your faith, and that you truly understand where each of your friends were/are needed in God's Plan.

Keep on keepin' on my friend. Vicki
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Similar happened to me....
    ...he was 37, full of life. I said at his memorial that I always thought that I was giving him support, but actually, he was giving it back, too!

I had quite a hard time with his passing...even went to a 'dealing with loss' seminar. It was then that I quietly extended my hands, and said "Here are my hands, Lord. Do with them what you will. I will try very hard never to pull them back from you." Since then, I have been sorely tempted...the death of both my daughter and my ex-hubby, second diagnosis of cancer, loss of my beau's parents. But I just pause, close my eyes, and extend my hands once again.

Hugs, Kathi
  • kmygil
    kmygil Member Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    So it is
    Cliff, your faith is true. We don't know why things happen the way they do, but we know that it is part of God's perfect plan.

Hugs and prayers,
    Kirsten
  • Nicksangels
    Nicksangels Member Posts: 41
    Options
    Sorry for Your Loss
    I have to say your post are so uplifting, you have a gift with your words. Im sorry for your sadness. We can all use Angels looking out for us and you will now have yours. Please all say a prayer for my Dad Nick today, He is going to meet with the surgeon today to see what the future will bring. Love to All... Lisa
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    Hi Buzzard,
    I admire the way

Hi Buzzard,
    I admire the way you so calmly share your feelings and give credit to God. That's what I've asked the Lord for myself- to be always able to claim him and give Him the glory no matter what the situation. I wish I could give you a hug- I feel I've gotten to know you through your many posts. Take care and press on- it's what we do and can do as I often repeat to myself "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". And yes, the Lord gives and the Lord takes away. It is all part of his plan and life's cycles.
    Keep setting your example for Christ, Buzzard.
    Take care,
    Lisa
  • Mike49
    Mike49 Member Posts: 261
    Options
    I admire your strength
    I am sorry for your loss and I also admire your strength. You are a great inspiration to all of us here and I am sure that is true at home in your church and everywhere you go. I'll be thinking of you. If tomorrow or weeks from now you miss your friend, it Ok to feel the loss, we are human even when we are inspired by our faith. Take care my friend.

Chemo round 4 tomorrow, I know your ahead of me and I can follow you to NED.
    MIke
  • MoonDragon
    MoonDragon Member Posts: 183
    Options
    Hugs
    I lost one of my bestest friends ever to colon cancer the same month I was diagnosed with my reoccurrance. My heart goes out to you but I applaude your strength, determination and faith!

Jorie