Any remedies please?

Options
sausageroll
sausageroll Member Posts: 415
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello all,
2 of my side effects for which I have not found any remedied are:
Constant runny nose and constant nose bleed. My nose is sore and caked with blood. I am using saline solution..but not much help.

My hands peel and I think I am about to use some nails. I use "udder cream" It's not so much the peeling,but the redness in the heels and along the knuckles and ends of my fingers which make it so painful to even lay them on the sheet in bed at night.

I just know someone will have a remedy!!!!

Comments

• mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Hi Sausage, for the nose
    Hi Sausage, for the nose bleed, I found that sleeping with a humidifier in the room seemed to help. I was lucky it didn't occur too often. For the hands, I would probably say that eucerin or aquaphor might help better than other lotions. I am sure others might post more solutions for you. Hugs, Lili
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    I'm sorry but my nose only
    I'm sorry but my nose only bled a little and my hands and feet didn't peel so I can't help you very much. I have heard that the cream lili mentioned is very good. Hope you find some relief.
    hugs
    jan
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Ouch!
    I echo Lili's suggestions~ the radiation center I went to gave away tubes of Aquaphor by the handful (no pun intended). I didn't lose fingernails, but I did lose toenails, and whereas I didn't suffer from nosebleeds, my eyes waterered constantly, causing the outer corners of my eyes to chap. Isn't killing the beast just a barrel of laughs????!!!

Know that "this too shall pass", and the hints and tips you find working for you will be passed on to those brave sisters who follow you in here!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Texylin
    Texylin Member Posts: 43
    Options
    Dry nose
    Hi, I haven't had any problems with peeling hands but have had the bloody nose problem. I started to use chapstick inside my nose and it seemed to help quite a bit. Just dry the inside of your nose as much as you can, put some chapstick on the end of your finger and rub on the inside of your nose as far as possible. It keeps the moisture in and really helps with the soreness. Also seems to slow down the amount of nosebleeds. If the outside gets sore the chapstick seems to work well there also.

Good Luck,
    Linda
  • mmontero38
    Options
    Texylin said:

Dry nose
    Hi, I haven't had any problems with peeling hands but have had the bloody nose problem. I started to use chapstick inside my nose and it seemed to help quite a bit. Just dry the inside of your nose as much as you can, put some chapstick on the end of your finger and rub on the inside of your nose as far as possible. It keeps the moisture in and really helps with the soreness. Also seems to slow down the amount of nosebleeds. If the outside gets sore the chapstick seems to work well there also.

Good Luck,
    Linda

Hey Linda: Haven't seen you
    Hey Linda: Haven't seen you post in a while. I hope you are doing well. Happy new year to you. Hugs, Lili
  • Texylin
    Texylin Member Posts: 43
    Options

Hey Linda: Haven't seen you
    Hey Linda: Haven't seen you post in a while. I hope you are doing well. Happy new year to you. Hugs, Lili

Happy New Year
    Hey Lili, Three months into chemo. Doing ok so far. First CT tomorrow at noon, so will be pretty nervous for next few days till results come in. Keep your fingers crossed. Hugs, rite back at you.
    Linda
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    Options
    Texylin said:

Happy New Year
    Hey Lili, Three months into chemo. Doing ok so far. First CT tomorrow at noon, so will be pretty nervous for next few days till results come in. Keep your fingers crossed. Hugs, rite back at you.
    Linda

Good Luck
    Thanks for the help all.
    Good luck with the CT tomorrow Linda...I will be thinking of you and wishing you well.
  • mmontero38
    Options
    Texylin said:

Happy New Year
    Linda

You're in my prayers Linda.
    You're in my prayers Linda. Hope all goes well, and please let us know. Hugs, Lili