2»

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    KathiM said:

Yup....it's cold, but dry....
    PERFECT for skating!!!!

Thanks for your thoughts, dearheart!!! I am, after all, a 'lizard' from Southern California!!! ROFL!!!!

The house has radiators...and they work REALLY well...and my 'Electrische onderdeken' (electric blanket for under the sheets...) is sooooo yummy! Makes it hard to stay out of bed!

Last night/this morning is the coldest time so far...minus 10 celcius!!! It's clear and calm this morning...so I will do something that I have never done (and my beau not since he was 17)...I'm skating on the canal in front of the house!!!! There is talk of the 11 cities race...a 125 mile skate race around the northern part of The Netherlands...it's a BIG deal here...the last time it happened was in 1995...ice has to freeze at least 10 inches thick.

Right now, (8:30am), the sun is rising, and the frost-covered trees behind the house are pink with the sunrise. It takes my breath away!!! The trees look like they are covered in lace...it is so incredible!

As we meet people, we see their smiles when we talk about the weather...and then I ask if global warming was put on hold by the Dutch so they could skate....ROFL!!!!

Hugs, Kathi

At least you are not skating on THIN ice!
    How about inagurating a Relay For Life on ICE~ as long as there is talk of an 11 city race, might as well raise money/awareness and Race For The Cure! LOL

Hope you and "Hans Brinker" are having a marvelous time!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • chenheart
    Options
    zahalene said:

Don't forget...
    Claudia,
    I'll tell you what my mother used to tell me whenever I went off on my own somewhere...."Don't forget who you are representing, and make us all proud!"
    LOL...no pressure, what?
    Have a blast! Couldn't have happened to a nicer person.
    (Does bf have a bro?)

Doing My Best
    Zah~
    I will do my best to make you proud of me, I promise! Thanks for the good wishes! Love you!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • chenheart
    Options

Claudia, that is AMAZING!!!!
    Claudia, that is AMAZING!!!! I wish I could witness this historical event myself. Please take lots of pictures and post them on the expression page. Hugs, Lili

Shopping
    Would you believe I am going BALL GOWN shopping today??? How funny is that, anyway??? Maybe it will look so beautiful on me that Reggie will say it should be my wedding dress....hey ! A girl can dream, can't she??? LOL

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • chenheart
    Options

Holy Mackerel Andy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    GF all I can say is W O W!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    How amazing!! How incredible !!! How fantastic!!!!
    How Cool!!! How Historical!!! How Wickedly farout!!!!!!!

Wooooooooooooooooooo hooooooooooo!!!!

Take lots of pictures!!!!!

love ya more than my luggage!!

Luggage
    Trish~
    I have missed you....thanks for posting, gf! I love you more than your luggage too~ LOL

Chances are luggage will get lost, but Kindred Spirits stay bonded for life!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • chenheart
    Options
    mimivac said:

Inauguration Fever
    Yes, it will be crazy! I am definitely watching on TV. It will be week two of my second chemo infusion, so I don't think I'll want to be out in those crowds anyway. It'll be good to have those days off. The Georgetown area is nice, so I don't think your inn can be that shady :). I used to attend film school in Georgetown, and I really like the area. You'll have access to tons of restaurants (get a drink, but don't eat at the ones on the waterfront). I am completely a hotel snob, too. I LOVE nice hotels. My husband and I have stayed at several hotels in DC just to try them out. I love the Mayflower, Willard, Park Hyatt, Hotel Monoco. Haven't stayed at the Melrose, but it looks beautiful. If you like hotels check out the Mandarin Oriental and eat at CityZen there if you can. Otherwise try to go for afternoon tea.

Have the best time!!

Mimi

Hotels
    Mimi~
    I checked out the Mandarin Oriental and the restaurant menu online...it looks/sounds FABULOUS! I found the place I am at as well, and thankfully it too looks quaint and perfect; similar to the Melrose, in fact.
    Wish we could meet , but I understand completely about crowds/chemo. When is your infusion? Are you off on the 21st? or back in DC? If you are in DC, I will still be there, and the crowds hopefully will have thinned; perhaps we can work something out.

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    chenheart said:

Shopping
    Would you believe I am going BALL GOWN shopping today??? How funny is that, anyway??? Maybe it will look so beautiful on me that Reggie will say it should be my wedding dress....hey ! A girl can dream, can't she??? LOL

Hugs,
    Claudia

Yes, Claud, I can believe it
    Yes, Claud, I can believe it and I hope you buy a knock em dead gorgeous gown. Love ya, Lili
  • mmontero38
    Options
    chenheart said:

The Wall
    Thanks for your kind words~ this is truly a momentous occasion, isn't it? Funny you should mention the Berlin Wall~ my dad was a journalist, I was raised in Germany, and remember when the Wall went UP~ I still have those images burned into my psyche. Families separated by bricks, concrete and mortar..waving white hankerchiefs from apartment building windows to their loved ones on the other side. And, as if that isn't enough, at this exact moment, the radio is playing U2 singing "In The Name Of Love", which references those who lost their lives on that Wall...as they say, there are no coincidences!

I will represent us well~ and feel honored to be there!

Hugs,
    Claudia

Thank you Claudia. As you
    Thank you Claudia. As you are there at that momentous event, feel our spirits surrounding you. And when you are dancing....... just make sure they don't step on our toes. LOL
    Hugs, Lili
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Shopping

Hugs,
    Claudia

Ball gown
    Yes, but now we need a picture of you in this gorgeous gown!! After all this excitement, we need the visual!

Mimi
  • mmontero38
    Options
    mimivac said:

Ball gown
    Yes, but now we need a picture of you in this gorgeous gown!! After all this excitement, we need the visual!

Mimi

I agree, we need to see you
    I agree, we need to see you in that gorgeous, knock em dead gown. Post some pics please so that we can visualize you dancing in that ballroom. Haha. And watch our toes. Hugs, Lili