Cell grade and implication for prognosis if spread to lymph nodes

Options
2»

Comments

• lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    thanks for the buckets of hope
    Glad to meet you VAC. I am so glad you feel great. Why did you need a stem cell transplant?
  • mono5
    mono5 Member Posts: 94
    Options
    mimivac said:

Hopeful day
    Lynn, I'm glad you had a better day. This disease gives us so many ups and downs, doesn't it? I think that's so normal. I also think that as time goes by, the ups start to outnumber the downs. Gradually maybe, but the wonderful people on this site assure me that it happens. And I believe them!

I had a great pity party yesterday. It was the perfect storm: I have my second chemo session on Friday and my husband has to be out of town for it. The tears came out of nowhere. But today, I gave myself a break from work and made a list of nutrients that will help me heal from chemo and that have anti-cancer properties. I took care of myself, exercised, watched a funny movie, and took a bath with lavender bath foam. Just doing those things for myself made me feel more in control, calm, and happy. I don't always get there, but I know what helps. And so do you, Lynn.

Hope you are still feeling good.

Mimi

Thats good....
    I like that your planning ahead after chemo. Being in remission is the target, but theres no guarentee that it's gone completely, as evidenced by so many that have suffered through chemo multiple times around, just to loose the final battle. I was privileged to hear a conference call on a website from a homopathic doc that detailed over 20 diferent natural treatment protocols that he sez he's found effective with his patients over the last 30 years. It bowled me over when i heard, in great detail, about some of these products and formulas that he adiministers interchangeable to his patients, depending on the type of cancer. If you or i were to research alternative therapies directed against cancer it would probably take us several years to amass this information. Why haven't we heard about this stuff, was the first question that popped in to my mind....?? I must admit i have been taking some of the herbs he talked about like graviola, una de gato and pau de gato, since this was the company that sponsored the conference call. ( You can research these herbs on a herbal database at www.rain-tree.com, which i have been doing) This wasen't the company that sponsored the call, though. Thank God for the internet! Oh by the way, i'm seven years in remission doing what your talking about doing.

This doc told the story about a women that came into his clinic that had a tumor the size of a grapefruit in her breast,clearly in stage 4, afraid to have an operation, terified of chemotherapy and radiation, and he was able, he sez, to shrink the tumor, over time, down to the size of a pea. Finanly after talking her into having the remains of the tumor removed, the surgeon remarked in amazment that, the tissue around it showed no signs of cancer and she healed quickly following his treatment protocol. Oh and by the way, quote
    unquote, she had a breast reduction at the same time since she had vary large breasts. He also went on to say, she had a history of breast cancer in her family. Repeated visits and screening over the years has found her to be cancer free. Quite a story, huh..

He does say in his presention no one with cancer should attempt to treat themselves on their own, without being monitored by their oncologist or a licensed healthcare practitioner. I second that for your own sefety.

Briefly, here's a couple of the agents he talked about that you can research for yourself.
    The herbs in formulas he talked about were Gravizon, Sumacazon and Arcazon that are whole plant herbal formulas and are safe to take while on chemo. But run it by your oncologist before you indulge if your inclined to do so while on treatment. I take em every day and have been for years. They insure me that i stay on remission. The plants that are part of this formula can be referenced at the www.rain-tree.com website. Be sure and check out the article about Graviola in the link, Articles Published on Rainforest Plants, on this website. I'm not affilicated with this company.
    Another formula that impressed me that i found out before on the naturalnews.com site is a whole plant herbal formula (There's safety in whole plant foods, rather than extracted herb formulas) you can buy over the counter at most health food stores or on the net. This is an incredable, natural anti-inflammation/ pain formula called Zyflamend which is great for cancer patients cause inflamation is said to be one of the causual factors involved with cancer, besides the product includes Turmeric and Green Tea as well as 7 other food herbs, such as ginger and rosemary that are douumented to be effective against cancer. Google Zyflamend for the article. I take it everyday, especially after a workout.This company, New Chapter, also has a medicinal mushroom formula called, Host Defense, that has vary potent anticancerious agents, although on the lecture, he mentioned a medicinal mushroom formula with AHCC that i find out is used in japan along with chemo to negate the side effects. Check out this article at.....
    Mushrooms that fight cancer..http://form.hsibaltimore.com/reports/mushroom_cancer.pdf Theres alota documention on this if you google for it.. thank God forr you know what.... I'm repeating myself! time to go. We haven't covered the weed growing possibly, in your garden (when the snow melts) that possess anti-angiogenesis chemical coumpounds that shrink tumors. The science behind it sez it shuts-off the blood supple to tumors causing them to shrink. Native Americans knew about this centuries ago, although they diden't coin the word cancer, but i guess tumors poped up on their bodies, too. It is called ,Bineweed and it's available in a product on the net. How has this information eluded mainstream medicine? I can send you the the link to the conference call if you wanna listen to it on your computer and, or make a copy for your oncologist. I'm constantly blowing the socks off oncologists when i give em a copy... Gotta go! God Bless....get a long little doggie..
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    mimivac said:

Hopeful day
    Lynn, I'm glad you had a better day. This disease gives us so many ups and downs, doesn't it? I think that's so normal. I also think that as time goes by, the ups start to outnumber the downs. Gradually maybe, but the wonderful people on this site assure me that it happens. And I believe them!

I had a great pity party yesterday. It was the perfect storm: I have my second chemo session on Friday and my husband has to be out of town for it. The tears came out of nowhere. But today, I gave myself a break from work and made a list of nutrients that will help me heal from chemo and that have anti-cancer properties. I took care of myself, exercised, watched a funny movie, and took a bath with lavender bath foam. Just doing those things for myself made me feel more in control, calm, and happy. I don't always get there, but I know what helps. And so do you, Lynn.

Hope you are still feeling good.

Mimi

Just read your post. I am feeling good.
    Mimi, you are so beautiful. What a lovely picture.

I am up, I am down, I am up, I am down... I am seeing a therapist who is helping me learn how to manage anxiety. Breathe. Live in the moment. She is so wise.

I like your point that so many people who have "been there" assure us that it does get better, bit by bit. I am beginning to believe them too. Tomorrow I have a bone scan, because of pain in my coccyx. My doctor probably thinks I am one too. I will be so relieved if it is only arthritis. Prayers and beams of golden light appreciated.

I hope everything goes well tomorrow. During chemo is when you need to watch that funny movie! There is a lot to learn that we never wanted to know, isn't there. But we do get through it. How brave you are. Take care. Lynn
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    mono5 said:

Thats good....
    I like that your planning ahead after chemo. Being in remission is the target, but theres no guarentee that it's gone completely, as evidenced by so many that have suffered through chemo multiple times around, just to loose the final battle. I was privileged to hear a conference call on a website from a homopathic doc that detailed over 20 diferent natural treatment protocols that he sez he's found effective with his patients over the last 30 years. It bowled me over when i heard, in great detail, about some of these products and formulas that he adiministers interchangeable to his patients, depending on the type of cancer. If you or i were to research alternative therapies directed against cancer it would probably take us several years to amass this information. Why haven't we heard about this stuff, was the first question that popped in to my mind....?? I must admit i have been taking some of the herbs he talked about like graviola, una de gato and pau de gato, since this was the company that sponsored the conference call. ( You can research these herbs on a herbal database at www.rain-tree.com, which i have been doing) This wasen't the company that sponsored the call, though. Thank God for the internet! Oh by the way, i'm seven years in remission doing what your talking about doing.

This doc told the story about a women that came into his clinic that had a tumor the size of a grapefruit in her breast,clearly in stage 4, afraid to have an operation, terified of chemotherapy and radiation, and he was able, he sez, to shrink the tumor, over time, down to the size of a pea. Finanly after talking her into having the remains of the tumor removed, the surgeon remarked in amazment that, the tissue around it showed no signs of cancer and she healed quickly following his treatment protocol. Oh and by the way, quote
    unquote, she had a breast reduction at the same time since she had vary large breasts. He also went on to say, she had a history of breast cancer in her family. Repeated visits and screening over the years has found her to be cancer free. Quite a story, huh..

He does say in his presention no one with cancer should attempt to treat themselves on their own, without being monitored by their oncologist or a licensed healthcare practitioner. I second that for your own sefety.

Briefly, here's a couple of the agents he talked about that you can research for yourself.
    The herbs in formulas he talked about were Gravizon, Sumacazon and Arcazon that are whole plant herbal formulas and are safe to take while on chemo. But run it by your oncologist before you indulge if your inclined to do so while on treatment. I take em every day and have been for years. They insure me that i stay on remission. The plants that are part of this formula can be referenced at the www.rain-tree.com website. Be sure and check out the article about Graviola in the link, Articles Published on Rainforest Plants, on this website. I'm not affilicated with this company.
    Another formula that impressed me that i found out before on the naturalnews.com site is a whole plant herbal formula (There's safety in whole plant foods, rather than extracted herb formulas) you can buy over the counter at most health food stores or on the net. This is an incredable, natural anti-inflammation/ pain formula called Zyflamend which is great for cancer patients cause inflamation is said to be one of the causual factors involved with cancer, besides the product includes Turmeric and Green Tea as well as 7 other food herbs, such as ginger and rosemary that are douumented to be effective against cancer. Google Zyflamend for the article. I take it everyday, especially after a workout.This company, New Chapter, also has a medicinal mushroom formula called, Host Defense, that has vary potent anticancerious agents, although on the lecture, he mentioned a medicinal mushroom formula with AHCC that i find out is used in japan along with chemo to negate the side effects. Check out this article at.....
    Mushrooms that fight cancer..http://form.hsibaltimore.com/reports/mushroom_cancer.pdf Theres alota documention on this if you google for it.. thank God forr you know what.... I'm repeating myself! time to go. We haven't covered the weed growing possibly, in your garden (when the snow melts) that possess anti-angiogenesis chemical coumpounds that shrink tumors. The science behind it sez it shuts-off the blood supple to tumors causing them to shrink. Native Americans knew about this centuries ago, although they diden't coin the word cancer, but i guess tumors poped up on their bodies, too. It is called ,Bineweed and it's available in a product on the net. How has this information eluded mainstream medicine? I can send you the the link to the conference call if you wanna listen to it on your computer and, or make a copy for your oncologist. I'm constantly blowing the socks off oncologists when i give em a copy... Gotta go! God Bless....get a long little doggie..

pills
    The internet is a good source of info but there is also a lot of crap out there.

I question everything.
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

pills
    The internet is a good source of info but there is also a lot of crap out there.

I question everything.

The internet
    I do agree. I think one should only go to reputable sites. I've read some pretty outlandish, scary, and downright false information. This is especially important when you are new to this, scared and very vulnerable. Check out all claims with your doctor.

Mimi
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

Just read your post. I am feeling good.
    Mimi, you are so beautiful. What a lovely picture.

I am up, I am down, I am up, I am down... I am seeing a therapist who is helping me learn how to manage anxiety. Breathe. Live in the moment. She is so wise.

I like your point that so many people who have "been there" assure us that it does get better, bit by bit. I am beginning to believe them too. Tomorrow I have a bone scan, because of pain in my coccyx. My doctor probably thinks I am one too. I will be so relieved if it is only arthritis. Prayers and beams of golden light appreciated.

I hope everything goes well tomorrow. During chemo is when you need to watch that funny movie! There is a lot to learn that we never wanted to know, isn't there. But we do get through it. How brave you are. Take care. Lynn

Thank you, Lynn! Good
    Thank you, Lynn! Good thoughts to you on your bone scan. Do you have the results yet? The therapist is also an excellent idea. I am thinking of calling mine to re-start my appointments, too.

Everything went fine yesterday at my second infusion. They sped up the process this time and it only took a couple of hours.

Please let us know how you're doing.

Mimi
  • vac
    vac Member Posts: 97
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

thanks for the buckets of hope
    Glad to meet you VAC. I am so glad you feel great. Why did you need a stem cell transplant?

stem cel transplant
    my doctor suggested and my insurance paid for it. i want to stay alive. so i did everything possible. and here i am. vicki
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    vac said:

Mine was also stage 3 I had
    Mine was also stage 3 I had 13 + lumph nodes. I went with the agressive chemo and also stem cel transplant. That was 6 years ago the transplant over 5. I feel great. Good luck Vicki

I am confused
    My tumor was 2.5c and 6pos. lymph nodes. I am not sure if this is stage 3 and was not told anything about cell grade. I AM FAIRLY NEW at this and afraid to ask many questions for fear of the answers. What determines if you need a stem-cell transplant and what exactly is this? I AM SO GLAD that i have joined this network of caring and informative sisters in pink
    may God bless you.
    Jackie
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    rjjj said:

I am confused
    My tumor was 2.5c and 6pos. lymph nodes. I am not sure if this is stage 3 and was not told anything about cell grade. I AM FAIRLY NEW at this and afraid to ask many questions for fear of the answers. What determines if you need a stem-cell transplant and what exactly is this? I AM SO GLAD that i have joined this network of caring and informative sisters in pink
    may God bless you.
    Jackie

Hope this helps a little bit
    Our oncologist here, Dr. Nair, told us at our first meeting that Moopsy's tumor was a Grade 3. He said there was bad news and good news - bad news being that Grade 3 was aggressive, but good news that chemo was especially successful against Grade 3. Our oncologist in St. Louis, Dr. Horn, told us much the same thing.

I can't help but think if stem cell transplant was called for in Moopy's case, Dr. Horn (who is affiliated with a National Cancer Institute hospital) would have told us. She is a charming but extremely forthright person. On the other hand, I guess we're like you, Jackie... we certainly could have asked her but we didn't.

Joe