Article on BBC website

Options
Marcia527
Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Anyone else see the article on grape seed extract? They did a study and found it made cancer cells commit suicide on certain cancers. Have to do more tests, of course. Another article on the BBC health site said blueberries helped prevent bowel cancers.

Comments

• phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    You know Marcia, I do
    You know Marcia, I do remember reading something about grape seed extract some time ago, I'm glad you brought it up, I'll have to look into it and see what it was. The BBC was a great source of info for me at one time, I'll have to check in again. Thanks Marcia, and a big Happy New Year to you :)
    jan
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Didn't know about grape seed
    Didn't know about grape seed extract, but all berries are antioxidants which are suppose to help against certain cancers. Happy New Year, Lili
  • ohilly
    ohilly Member Posts: 441
    Options

Didn't know about grape seed
    Didn't know about grape seed extract, but all berries are antioxidants which are suppose to help against certain cancers. Happy New Year, Lili

baby aspirins
    Marilynn (also on this site) told me that she heard a doctor say two baby aspirins a day is supposed to prevent breast and colon cancer. Has anyone else heard this, and do you take the aspirins?

Ohilly
  • mgm42
    mgm42 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    ohilly said:

baby aspirins
    Marilynn (also on this site) told me that she heard a doctor say two baby aspirins a day is supposed to prevent breast and colon cancer. Has anyone else heard this, and do you take the aspirins?

Ohilly

2 baby aspirin
    Dr. Roisen, (sp) from the University of Chicago, author of the "Real Age" test and philosphy of aging, author of several books on the subject of aging, and sometime guest on the Oprah show, was on TV last night. One of the things he recommended was 2 baby aspirin or 1/2 of a whole regular aspirin vs. the 81mg a day dosage. He claimed that it not only helped the arteries but worked against breast and colon cancer. I'm going to his web site and going to ask my onc about this. Wouldn't this be a wonderful thing if it proved out to be helpful? Marilynn