Happy New Year

Options
BonnieR
BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Just wanted to make sure I wish all you Teal Warriors and the soldiers that help them in the trenches a Very Happy New Year!

I pray each of you find the time to stop and take in the gifts just waiting for you this year, for the days and weeks to come are God's gift; they carry God's blessing to us all.

I am so thankful to just be here to be part of another year, remembering the gifts of 08 and anxious awaiting the gifts of 09 ~ time with family, friends, and what ever God has in store for me.

I also pray this be the year they are find a cure for cancer.

Hugs ♥ Prayers Bonnie

Comments

• LPack
    LPack Member Posts: 645
    Options
    And to You and Yours
    Thanks Bonnie for the uplifting wishes.

I too am thankful for life and its abundance. 2008 started off with a shock for our whole family and now almost a year later, we now realize just how precious life is and just how our days are definitely numbered.

I am excited for this new year. Already our families are being blessed with a grandchild to be born in May AND nieces and/or nephews to be born in June, July and August!

I am so glad Bonnie that you are here for 2009 and for the rest of you Teal Warriors that have been on this network - both the old members and the newest members. May you each have "the peace that passes all understanding".

Love,
    Libby
  • mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    . . . AND TO ALL OF YOU, TOO!
    May this year bring more joy, peace, health and blessings to all of you, AND a cure! Thank you to Bonnie and all our other warriors that persevere no matter what. You are always an inspiriration. May our Good Lord keep you in perfect peace!

Love to you all!

Monika

P.S. Bonnie, how do you get those cute little hearts in your text? I've been trying to insert symbols but can't seem to!
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • ladyjogger31
    ladyjogger31 Member Posts: 289
    Options
    Happy New Year
    Thanks Bonnie!! Wishing you and everyone on the board a very Happy Healthy New Year!! You are truly an inspiration!! May 2009 be the year for the CURE for all of us.
    Sending Buckets of Teal Hugs and Prayers,
    Terry
  • melinda5683
    melinda5683 Member Posts: 5
    Options
    happy new year
    i hope everyone has a happy new year and stays positive.
    be nice.... we all need it a little more
  • dorion
    dorion Member Posts: 183
    Options
    it's me, Linda
    Bonnie is that what you look like, wow this whole website has been revamped eh? Well to let you know I"m still doing the fight and so far the cancer is still there but as my oncologist said "it's just winking at us" have an apointment tomorrow for bloodwork and new ct scan scheduled for feb 5. Although I'm doing alright, I can't beleive the unimaginable pain in my joints after the fact. Seems like now I'm striken with arthritis.....am I alone here? my elbow, shoulder and most definately my hands. Missed all you guys, I thought this place went under or something...

Linda
    P.S how do I get my pic in here?>
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    dorion said:

it's me, Linda
    Bonnie is that what you look like, wow this whole website has been revamped eh? Well to let you know I"m still doing the fight and so far the cancer is still there but as my oncologist said "it's just winking at us" have an apointment tomorrow for bloodwork and new ct scan scheduled for feb 5. Although I'm doing alright, I can't beleive the unimaginable pain in my joints after the fact. Seems like now I'm striken with arthritis.....am I alone here? my elbow, shoulder and most definately my hands. Missed all you guys, I thought this place went under or something...

Linda

Welcome Back!
    Hey Linda, I think of you often and wondered how you were doing. I don't know if you remember but my maiden name was Dorion too. ☺ Anyway I am glad to see you are doing well, let us know how your appt goes with your Doc. Hugs ♥ Prayers Bonnie

PS See you discovered how to get your Picture in here.
  • LPack
    Options
    dorion said:

it's me, Linda

Linda

Joints
    Linda,

I too suffer from unimaginable joint pain. Was so bad in November, I went to the ER thinking it had to be something else. Bone from wrist to elbow, tail bone (worse pain), knees, etc. Guess a small price to pay for life. Anyways, I am new to this board since last year, welcome back (didn't know you were gone ).

Libby
  • pjba11
    pjba11 Member Posts: 188
    Options
    dorion said:

it's me, Linda

Linda

pain too!!
    Hello, I too have this horrible arm, shoulder, joint pain. I was dx UPSC. Had all the chemo intternal and ext beam rad. I will scan again the end of the month. What is going on with this pain? I have artritis in my feet and fingers, but the rest of this is more. Have you read any articles on the dye or what ever they call it that we get in our scans? I have heard it could be the reason. I like your attitude and strength as I read your posts. Hope all is better for you soon.
  • Lauracec
    Lauracec Member Posts: 101
    Options
    pjba11 said:

pain too!!
    Hello, I too have this horrible arm, shoulder, joint pain. I was dx UPSC. Had all the chemo intternal and ext beam rad. I will scan again the end of the month. What is going on with this pain? I have artritis in my feet and fingers, but the rest of this is more. Have you read any articles on the dye or what ever they call it that we get in our scans? I have heard it could be the reason. I like your attitude and strength as I read your posts. Hope all is better for you soon.

joint pain
    I am only 43 and finished carbo and taxol end of oct. I had had a little joint pain b4 my diagnosis in may but nothing like I suffer now. it didn't get severe untill a few weeks after chemo was all done. probably because the steroids during chemo kept it down. it is extremly painful just to put a shirt on or take a coat off. mostly my shoulders and 1 hip. sleeping is the worse because of the pain of my shoulders. I have been realy disturbed by this lately and worried I had bone cancer or something. my oncologist has been out of the office the last two apts and the dr. I saw said that sometimes if you already have arthritis the taxol can make it lots worse for a while so I am hopeing he is right and with time and a little excercise that it will get better. I guess I should have asked on this sight if other people had this problem I sounds like a common thing sorry so long winded and happy new year to everyone and god bless Laura
  • LPack
    Options
    Lauracec said:

joint pain
    I am only 43 and finished carbo and taxol end of oct. I had had a little joint pain b4 my diagnosis in may but nothing like I suffer now. it didn't get severe untill a few weeks after chemo was all done. probably because the steroids during chemo kept it down. it is extremly painful just to put a shirt on or take a coat off. mostly my shoulders and 1 hip. sleeping is the worse because of the pain of my shoulders. I have been realy disturbed by this lately and worried I had bone cancer or something. my oncologist has been out of the office the last two apts and the dr. I saw said that sometimes if you already have arthritis the taxol can make it lots worse for a while so I am hopeing he is right and with time and a little excercise that it will get better. I guess I should have asked on this sight if other people had this problem I sounds like a common thing sorry so long winded and happy new year to everyone and god bless Laura

pain
    Laura,

I too worried about cancer in my bones, but when I told my gyn/onc about the pain in my lower back and arm she scheduled me for a scan. I ended up with a full body scan and NO hot spots - no signs of cancer. I then later ended up in ER b/c pain was so intense and was diagnosed skeletal/muscular, which I have decided is a way of saying they don't really know why I have pain!!

I believe we addressed this earlier last year and said possibly it could be from chemo and the damage our nerve endings receive. This would be under "what they don't tell you can happen after receiving chemo".

I now just take 2 tylenol every 4 hours or so and live with it.

In His Grip,
    Libby
  • kris43
    kris43 Member Posts: 275
    Options
    LPack said:

pain
    Laura,

I too worried about cancer in my bones, but when I told my gyn/onc about the pain in my lower back and arm she scheduled me for a scan. I ended up with a full body scan and NO hot spots - no signs of cancer. I then later ended up in ER b/c pain was so intense and was diagnosed skeletal/muscular, which I have decided is a way of saying they don't really know why I have pain!!

I believe we addressed this earlier last year and said possibly it could be from chemo and the damage our nerve endings receive. This would be under "what they don't tell you can happen after receiving chemo".

I now just take 2 tylenol every 4 hours or so and live with it.

In His Grip,
    Libby

Pain
    I started experiencing the pain last October - in the middle of chemo. Lower back, hips, legs, etc. The doctor swore it had NOTHING TO DO WITH CHEMO. In June my family doctor finally decided to have me see a rheumatologist because NOTHING was coming up - blood work fine, scans fine, etc. - well it took 6 months to get in to see the doctor - but I do have arthritis in my legs and fibromyalgia, which is auto-immune and can be brought on by trauma or infection in your body. Imagine that. There are like 14 hot spots - I had them all. The trouble sleeping, dry eyes, body pain, exhaustion, having to literally run to the bathroom - things that I thought were signs my cancer had returned can all be attributed to the fibromyalgia also. How are we supposed to know what is what and when to be worried or not? My theory is that I didn't know I had OVCA - so how do I now know that every ache, pain, twitch, cramp, isn't?

Hang in there ladies.........I keep all of you close in my thoughts.

Kris
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    kris43 said:

Pain
    I started experiencing the pain last October - in the middle of chemo. Lower back, hips, legs, etc. The doctor swore it had NOTHING TO DO WITH CHEMO. In June my family doctor finally decided to have me see a rheumatologist because NOTHING was coming up - blood work fine, scans fine, etc. - well it took 6 months to get in to see the doctor - but I do have arthritis in my legs and fibromyalgia, which is auto-immune and can be brought on by trauma or infection in your body. Imagine that. There are like 14 hot spots - I had them all. The trouble sleeping, dry eyes, body pain, exhaustion, having to literally run to the bathroom - things that I thought were signs my cancer had returned can all be attributed to the fibromyalgia also. How are we supposed to know what is what and when to be worried or not? My theory is that I didn't know I had OVCA - so how do I now know that every ache, pain, twitch, cramp, isn't?

Hang in there ladies.........I keep all of you close in my thoughts.

Kris

Me, too!
    I thought it was because I was old!! My oncologist finally said I could start taking naproxin sodium for my joint pain and it is better now. That was after the ibuprophen was not working. I have a new pain in my hip when I get up from sitting and walk. Takes about 20 steps and then it goes away. Very painful. Don't think it is so much in the joint as on top of the pelvic girdle. It is sore to push on all t he time. Achey breaky bunch, aren't we? Saundra
  • green50
    green50 Member Posts: 312
    Options
    saundra said:

Me, too!
    I thought it was because I was old!! My oncologist finally said I could start taking naproxin sodium for my joint pain and it is better now. That was after the ibuprophen was not working. I have a new pain in my hip when I get up from sitting and walk. Takes about 20 steps and then it goes away. Very painful. Don't think it is so much in the joint as on top of the pelvic girdle. It is sore to push on all t he time. Achey breaky bunch, aren't we? Saundra

HAPPY NEW YEAR
    ALRIGHT
    We are all here for another new year. I am in a new mobile home same property and days I am not too tired will decorate with family pictures and Thank God I am still here for my sons. I am 51 so who knows maybe we will all be sitting in our rocking chairs at 80. Only God knows when its time to pass on to the next life. I am soooo thankful I have you all to write to and give you help me with encourgement.
    God Bless
    and Prayers to all
    Happy New Year
    Sandy