Happy New Year

Options
Denise1966
Denise1966 Member Posts: 90
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year and I hope this new year brings only the best to all. I'm on my 9th treatment of 5fu (I had 6 with oxi), onc took me off due to the bad neuropathy I was having. My feet and fingers are getting much better now. The closer I get to the end of the treatment, the more nervous I'm getting about the CT scan and colonoscopy coming up. Has anyone who had rectal ca ever had scar tissue inside the colon/rectum after surgery? When my surgeon was doing my flex/sig before taking down my ileostomy there was some scar tissue (he biopsied it and it came back fine) any way, I keep having this thought that the scar tissue will keep growing and block my colon. Is it possible for it to keep growing, if it does can they just trim the tissue? Everything else seems to be going fine, I feel pretty decent, just these nagging thoughts in my mind. Thanks for listening.
Denise

Comments

• tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!
    Happy New Year, Denise!

I'm glad to see a post from you. I was hoping you were doing okay.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Faith4Cure
    Faith4Cure Member Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!
    Denise, My husband had scar tissue as well. It has not been any problem. His surgery was two years ago and he is doing great. I know it is easy to let your mind wonder and worry about everything when dealing with cancer. It sounds like you are doing well, just focus on that. The new year is gonna be great!!!!

Faith