Options
2»

Comments

• Chellebug
    Chellebug Member Posts: 133
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

Some concerns
    I am starting to feel obsessed with different pains. My tailbone hurts when I do yoga or lay down on it, or just sit back on it. I told my onc at my visit, but he dismissed it. Of course, I'm thinking, is this bone cancer? What do you think? I had a bone scan last spring. Should I be more assertive about this pain? Lynn

I know what you're talking about
    Oh, Lynn. I know exactly what you mean about being obsessed with different pains. I too had some odd back pain that wouldn't go away. I waited for about 6 weeks before I told my doctor about it. I figured that if it hung around that long, then it was time to get it checked out. I tried not to worry....oh, how I tried...but it was so hard to keep my thoughts captive and not let them run wild. When I finally told my doctor about the pain and all the symptoms related to it, she was more than willing to order a bone scan for me...which turned out fine. My pain finally went away about a month after the bone scan.

My suggestion is to give it some time first to see if it goes away. If not, then I would definitely call your onc and ask for a bone scan. Peace of mind is priceless.
    Chelle
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Chellebug said:

I know what you're talking about
    Oh, Lynn. I know exactly what you mean about being obsessed with different pains. I too had some odd back pain that wouldn't go away. I waited for about 6 weeks before I told my doctor about it. I figured that if it hung around that long, then it was time to get it checked out. I tried not to worry....oh, how I tried...but it was so hard to keep my thoughts captive and not let them run wild. When I finally told my doctor about the pain and all the symptoms related to it, she was more than willing to order a bone scan for me...which turned out fine. My pain finally went away about a month after the bone scan.

My suggestion is to give it some time first to see if it goes away. If not, then I would definitely call your onc and ask for a bone scan. Peace of mind is priceless.
    Chelle

Bone pain
    I don't know Chelle...I actually started noticing it in the summer. It hasn't gotten worse or better.
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

Some concerns
    I am starting to feel obsessed with different pains. My tailbone hurts when I do yoga or lay down on it, or just sit back on it. I told my onc at my visit, but he dismissed it. Of course, I'm thinking, is this bone cancer? What do you think? I had a bone scan last spring. Should I be more assertive about this pain? Lynn

Lynn could you have hurt
    Lynn could you have hurt yourself and not remember? Do you sit a lot? If the pain started before your first bone scan then I would wait a little and see what happens. The drs also check your blood and that would probably tell them if something is amiss so I wouldn't obsess about it. If you still have the pain when you go back to the dr in 6 weeks, then I would mention it again. Hugs, Lili
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

Some concerns

I had hip pain a couple of
    I had hip pain a couple of years after diagnosis and I walked like I was 80. I told the ocn and he did send me for a bone scan but it turned out not to be cancer. He had me take Glucosamine chondroitin. It helped and the pain stopped. No one ever told me what could have caused it. I started Aromasin eight months before but he didn't think that was it. Actually the onc didn't tell me to take the Glucosamine. He sent me to a PCP who told me to take it. If it's not cancer related I've found the onc's don't want to deal with it. I have trouble with my tailbone sometimes but it's because I fell once on it. Have you fallen lately?
  • lynn1950
    Options

Lynn could you have hurt
    Lynn could you have hurt yourself and not remember? Do you sit a lot? If the pain started before your first bone scan then I would wait a little and see what happens. The drs also check your blood and that would probably tell them if something is amiss so I wouldn't obsess about it. If you still have the pain when you go back to the dr in 6 weeks, then I would mention it again. Hugs, Lili

When the pain started
    I didn't fall on it or anything. I first noticed it doing Yoga this summer, which was after my bone scan by about 3 months. I don't see my onc again for 3 or 4 months. Should I wait that long?
  • lynn1950
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

I had hip pain a couple of years after diagnosis and I walked like I was 80. I told the ocn and he did send me for a bone scan but it turned out not to be cancer. He had me take Glucosamine chondroitin. It helped and the pain stopped. No one ever told me what could have caused it. I started Aromasin eight months before but he didn't think that was it. Actually the onc didn't tell me to take the Glucosamine. He sent me to a PCP who told me to take it. If it's not cancer related I've found the onc's don't want to deal with it. I have trouble with my tailbone sometimes but it's because I fell once on it. Have you fallen lately?

Have I fallen on my tailbone
    I seriously fell on my tail bone about 25 years ago and had no treatment. Then, with my second child it actually "popped'" but was self-healing. I've never had any other problems with it.
  • lynn1950
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

Have I fallen on my tailbone
    I seriously fell on my tail bone about 25 years ago and had no treatment. Then, with my second child it actually "popped'" but was self-healing. I've never had any other problems with it.
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

When the pain started
    I didn't fall on it or anything. I first noticed it doing Yoga this summer, which was after my bone scan by about 3 months. I don't see my onc again for 3 or 4 months. Should I wait that long?

Lynn, you mentioned that you
    Lynn, you mentioned that you fell a long time ago. I did also when I was a kid. I fell off my bike and landed on my tail bone also. It bothers me every now and then where I can't sit straight. I'm wondering if we wouldn't be developing arthritis there from the fall. Wait a couple of weeks and if it doesn't get better call the dr and see what they say. Hugs, Lili
  • lynn1950
    Options

Lynn, you mentioned that you
    Lynn, you mentioned that you fell a long time ago. I did also when I was a kid. I fell off my bike and landed on my tail bone also. It bothers me every now and then where I can't sit straight. I'm wondering if we wouldn't be developing arthritis there from the fall. Wait a couple of weeks and if it doesn't get better call the dr and see what they say. Hugs, Lili

thanks
    I haven't experienced pain there since 1993. But maybe it is arthritis. It doesn't hurt in the joint though, it hurts if I press on the bone.