First CT Scan after chemo

Options
keepnthefaith
keepnthefaith Member Posts: 36
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I completed 6 months of FOLFOX earlier this month and am scheduled for a CT Scan on Jan. 9th - have to wait until the 21st to get result at my follow up appt. I was wondering if anyone had something show up on their first CT after chemo. Seems to me that any remaining cancer cells will still be "hiding out" at this point - but I am still a little nervous about something showing up and having to start the craziness all over again...
Thanks,
Felicia

Comments

• msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    what a long wait!
    12 days for results?!!!! I would call for results earlier! Tell them you'll come by and pick up the results yourself! You'll be a wreck by then! The scan results just after chemo are usually very successful! They will mostly be doing comparisons to the ones done prior to surgery/chemo. Mine have always been good and I am sure yours will be as well!
    mary
  • keepnthefaith
    keepnthefaith Member Posts: 36
    Options
    msccolon said:

what a long wait!
    12 days for results?!!!! I would call for results earlier! Tell them you'll come by and pick up the results yourself! You'll be a wreck by then! The scan results just after chemo are usually very successful! They will mostly be doing comparisons to the ones done prior to surgery/chemo. Mine have always been good and I am sure yours will be as well!
    mary

my fault
    the wait for the results is my fault as my hubby and I will be on a ski trip and I had to put off my appt with the oncologist for a week. I almost cancelled our trip to make it to the appt but we have had to miss/change so many things since my dx last May that I decided against it. I so long for a normal life again - even though things have only been crazy for 8 months and I know there are others that have dealt with crazy for much longer than that. That is where my fear comes in mostly - recurrence and then not being in control of the things I do or plan.
    thanks for the info about the reason for a CT scan so quickly, Mary. It is very comforting to think about it being just a comparison to the pre-surgery ones.
    Felicia