need prayers for mom-in-law

Lauracec
Lauracec Member Posts: 101
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
My mother in law is going in tomorrow am for a hysterectomy. she had a biopsy of a tumor in her uterus and it showed high grade undifferientiated sarcoma. she is very obese and not in very good health so they are going to try doing it lapriscopicly(spelled wrong) with robotic arms. I read these post everyday because I have ovarian cancer and I know there are some great prayer warriors here so please pray that things go well. Laura

Comments

• BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Prayers
    Dearest Laura, I lift not only your mother in law up but also you and all those that hold her dear; as well as the physicians and medical team that will be doing the surgery. Let us know how it goes. God Bless Bonnie
  • groundeffect
    groundeffect Member Posts: 639 Member
    Hi Laura,
    I, too, will pray

Hi Laura,

I, too, will pray for your MIL. Laparoscopic surgery is a wonderful, and I'm sure the surgeons would not be doing it that way if they felt the cancer was very advanced. I was diagnosed with uterine cancer, and because I had fibroids also, a hysterectomy was my only option.

Laporascopy is a very low-impact sort of surgery. My husband's 73-year old aunt had her ovaries removed laporascopically over a year ago, and was able to drive from PA to NC with her son less than two days later. She says she doesn't have any of the symptoms (back ache, urinary tract problems) that she had before the procedure.

Let us know how she fares.
  • mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    PRAYERS
    Laura:
    May God lift you up during this time, and may He bring strength and health to your mother-in-law as He works through the hands of the surgeons and staff.
    (((HUGS)))
    Monika
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Mother in law
    I will be praying for you and your family during this time. I did have my gall bladder out laproscopicly and It was a breeze compared to the debulking surgery ovarians go through. (((Hugs and prayers)))) Saundra
  • Lauracec
    saundra said:

Mother in law
    I will be praying for you and your family during this time. I did have my gall bladder out laproscopicly and It was a breeze compared to the debulking surgery ovarians go through. (((Hugs and prayers)))) Saundra

surgery went well
    Thankyou all sooo much!!! her surgery went real well today. they think they got it all. they took some lymph nodes also and sent everything off of course and won't know results for a while but the dr. told us she might not even end up with chemo. the chemo is something she was hopeing to get out of since she has already went through that with breast cancer. again thankyou so much for prayers and advice. Laura
  • green50
    green50 Member Posts: 312
    Lauracec said:

surgery went well
    Thankyou all sooo much!!! her surgery went real well today. they think they got it all. they took some lymph nodes also and sent everything off of course and won't know results for a while but the dr. told us she might not even end up with chemo. the chemo is something she was hopeing to get out of since she has already went through that with breast cancer. again thankyou so much for prayers and advice. Laura

Continue Prayers
    Will continue the prayers that everything goes well.
    Prayers and hugs
    Sandy
  • Lauracec
    green50 said:

Continue Prayers
    Will continue the prayers that everything goes well.
    Prayers and hugs
    Sandy

cancer board
    yesterday I talked to my mil and she was suppose to have a doc apt to go over the pathology reports and come up with a plan to have chemo or not. well her doc called and said he needed to reschedule untill next week because he wants to take her case to the cancer board. not sure what that means but she is feeling pretty good and seems to be in good spirits. thankyou for continued support and prayers God Bless Laura
  • gordymom
    gordymom Member Posts: 3
    Lauracec said:

cancer board
    yesterday I talked to my mil and she was suppose to have a doc apt to go over the pathology reports and come up with a plan to have chemo or not. well her doc called and said he needed to reschedule untill next week because he wants to take her case to the cancer board. not sure what that means but she is feeling pretty good and seems to be in good spirits. thankyou for continued support and prayers God Bless Laura

I will keep you and your family in my prayers
    My the Lord bless you daily and give you peace of mind. Know that if God brings you to it HE will guide you through it!1 God Bless You & your MIL
    Laura
  • ladyjogger31
    ladyjogger31 Member Posts: 289
    Prayers
    Sending prayers to your family during this difficult time.
    Hugs and Prayers,
    Terry
  • Lauracec

Prayers
    Sending prayers to your family during this difficult time.
    Hugs and Prayers,
    Terry

she started chemo
    they decided to start her on chemo. carbo/taxol just like most of us got and then do radiation. because 20% of the cancer is clear cell and it has about a 20% chance of coming back somewhere else if she doesn't do it. the doc says if she does chemo and radiation just about no chance of it coming back. Laura
  • LPack
    LPack Member Posts: 645
    Lauracec said:

she started chemo
    they decided to start her on chemo. carbo/taxol just like most of us got and then do radiation. because 20% of the cancer is clear cell and it has about a 20% chance of coming back somewhere else if she doesn't do it. the doc says if she does chemo and radiation just about no chance of it coming back. Laura

just about
    Laura,

Wonderful! "Just about no chance of it coming back" - what wonderful news to hear.

Libby
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Great News
    That is the greatest news. I took L-lysine from the start to prevent mouth sores. Vit. B-6 and L-glutamine to help prevent the hand and foot numbness. My bones did ache the 3rd and 4th days after the infusion with a strange leg ache. I had little nausea because the oncologist gave me anti nausea pills.
    I did not have radiation so can't make suggestions there. She'll have fatigue but it is worth it for the chance of getting it all out and dead. Hugs and Prayers, Saundra
  • Bstrange
    Bstrange Member Posts: 87
    Prayers
    You got it.
    Barbara
  • mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    Lauracec said:

she started chemo

GREAT NEWS!
    So glad to hear things are going well for your MIL, and that her chances of recurrance are slim. That's news we'd all like to hear!

Lots of Luv, Hugs and Prayer!
    Monika