Merry Christmas from a Survivor

Options
IndyBall
IndyBall Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Merry Christmas to all. I remember the first Christmas after I was dx'd. It was so hard for me (mentally), to get up that morning. But, for the sake of my husband and three small children (7, 4 and 3 month old), I put on a brave face and faced another uncertain day. I had just recently been dx'd, Stage IIb with 16 positive nodes. I went through 6 rounds of chemo, 6 weeks of radiation and a Stem Cell transplant. I lived on this message board. I met some wonderful friends, and tons of support. I remember thinking that Christmas morning "Will this be my last Christmas?". Well, I am happy to report, I am still here and waiting for my husband and kids now (20, 17, and 13 yrs) to wake up so we can open the presents. I no longer come to the message boards, but, on Christmas mornings, I do come back to send this holiday cheer to those of you who were just like me 13 years ago. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a good life to all. God Bless!

Comments

• tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    Indy
    You give me hope...I was operated on exactly a week before christmas last year, this year has been hell..Thank you for giving me some hope that this will not be my last christmas. Julia
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    I am inspired
    Thank you so much for that. I found myself waking up with uncertainty this morning, wondering about future Christmases. Reading your message is so inspiring. You really made my day.

Mimi
  • Joycelouise
    Joycelouise Member Posts: 482
    Options
    THanks for your
    THanks for your thoughtfulness. You are our future, we are your past. How absolutely wonderful that the distance can be bridged with love. Merry Christmas!! love, Joyce
  • Rose trémière
    Rose trémière Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Christmas
    Merry Christmas to you Indy and your family, and to all cancer survivors. Thank you very much for your message. It is very inspiring and gives us hope. What more can one ask for on Christmas day? I just recently discovered this web site and I am amazed to see how generous, kind and helpful you all are by sharing your worries, experiences and helpful hints. Happy Holidays to all and may the new year bring you peace.
  • Rose trémière
    Rose trémière Member Posts: 7
    Options

THanks for your
    THanks for your thoughtfulness. You are our future, we are your past. How absolutely wonderful that the distance can be bridged with love. Merry Christmas!! love, Joyce

Well said
    Joyce,
    What a beautiful expression: "You are our future, we are your past".
    Merry Chrismas to you and may 2009 bring you what your heart desires most.
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Thank you
    This is my first year, and I woke up and put on my happy face. But once the presents were unwrapped and my family settled, I crawled back under the covers and cried and cried and cried. Your message is such a wonderful message of hope.
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

Thank you
    This is my first year, and I woke up and put on my happy face. But once the presents were unwrapped and my family settled, I crawled back under the covers and cried and cried and cried. Your message is such a wonderful message of hope.

Lynn
    Cried and cried and cried.............I am there now.......
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Thank you Indy for such an
    Thank you Indy for such an inspiring message. We all needed to hear from a long time survivor like you, giving us hope for our futures. Merry Christmas to you and your family and may the new year bring continued good health and peace. Hugs, Lili
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    Hope
    Indy, you give us all hope and I thank you for that. A beautiful gift at Christmas.
    May you have many more happy, healthy years. Merry Christmas :)
    love
    jan
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU
    Indy thank you so much for taking the time to spread your wonderful message of hope and success in conquering your illness. I hope your Christmas was filled with the the warmth and love of family and friends.

RE
  • mgm42
    mgm42 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I needed your message
    My surgery occured on December 19, 2007. Like others have said, this has been a year in hell. Thanks for shining the light at the end of the tunnel so brightly. I really needed your message. Hugs, Marilynn
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Lynn
    Cried and cried and cried.............I am there now.......

Better Day
    Julia, I hope today is a better day and a day that you get the help and information you need.