Happy Holidays To All!!!!

Options
Nicksangels
Nicksangels Member Posts: 41
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I havent been on the discussion board in awhile, since October. I hope all of you are doing well. My dad has rectum cancer. Has completed 5 weeks of radiation and chemo. He did very well. Hes 83, had very little side effects. Treatment ended November 5th. He went back to the doctors after rested for a few weeks, he has gain weight and the tumor shrink alot. He had a biopsy done of the walls of part of the rectum last week, We got the news yesterday, it was clean no cancer, the surgeon was thrilled and so were we. I cried tears of joy. He has to go for more catscans and a mri next week to check other areas,but the news was a good start. The surgeon really is trying to avoid surgery, my dad is healthy over all but its tough surgery for an 83 year old, I pray everyday for him and im glad we will have another Christmas all together. I wish you all a blessed holiday season. My prayers are with you all. Talk with you all in the new year. Nicks daughter Lisa

Comments

• tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Yay!
    Lisa, that's wonderful news. I don't doubt it made you cry for joy. Now go out there and dance!

*Hugs*
    Gail
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    I'm dancing for you!!!!
    YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA!!!

NAKED HAPPY DANCE!!!

Thanks for sharing....I'm certain you all will have a GREAT holiday!!!

HUgs, Kathi
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    HI Lisa from another Lisa!
    HI Lisa from another Lisa! I'm glad your dad has had some good news recently!
    Merry Christmas to you, your dad, and everyone on this board!
    Lisa
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    KathiM said:

I'm dancing for you!!!!
    YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA!!!

NAKED HAPPY DANCE!!!

Thanks for sharing....I'm certain you all will have a GREAT holiday!!!

HUgs, Kathi

Hi Kathi,
    Just wanted to

Hi Kathi,

Just wanted to comment on your new picture- very nice! I still don't have a picture of me up- supposed I'll do something about that sometime.
    Well, blessings to you-
    Lisa
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    lisa42 said:

Hi Kathi,
    Just wanted to

Hi Kathi,

Just wanted to comment on your new picture- very nice! I still don't have a picture of me up- supposed I'll do something about that sometime.
    Well, blessings to you-
    Lisa

Aw, you have me blushing!
    Thank you, Lisa. This is me, all 'dolled up' to go to a medical staff Christmas party at my beau's hospital. It was also the hospital I worked in (that's where we met..lol), so I get to see all of my friends when we go.

Hugs, Kathi