Grrrrrrrrrr! I am SOOOOO mad at my insurance!!!!!

Options
KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I just called to get my Tamoxifen refilled, at bit early. It was called in as a 'vacation override'. About 2 hours after, my pharmacy said it was denied. I called Health Net...and was told that they only authorize one vacation override per year, and that I had had one in August.

I said to the gal, quite calmly, "So, Health Net will be accepting responsibility when my breast cancer returns as a result of no Tamoxifen for over 2 weeks????" She pledged to 'see what she could do' and call me tomorrow...

WHAT a crock!!!! I pay over $600 per month...just for the privilege...

Thanks for letting me vent!!!

Hugs, Kathi

Blessing in disguise: WalMart has Tamoxifen as one of it's generic $4 drugs...not $4, but for a 90-day supply, it's $24!!!! NO insurance involved AT ALL!!! I pay $10 per month co-pay right now...I'll save $6 for a 3-month supply, no insurance. Shame on them!!!

Comments

• mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Aren't they awful? Thank
    Aren't they awful? Thank God for places like Walmart and other chains that have these generic drugs for a reduced price. At least we know we can get it there. Forget about everything and go and enjoy yourself. Hugs, Lili

PS: Hope you have room in your luggage for all of us, as we would all love to go with you. LOL
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    Insurance
    I guess my insurance is pretty good. I don't pay anything for my tamoxifen. Thank goodness for the little positives in life......
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    Tamoxifen is cheap compared
    Tamoxifen is cheap compared to Aromasin. I don't think there is a generic for it either.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

Tamoxifen is cheap compared
    Tamoxifen is cheap compared to Aromasin. I don't think there is a generic for it either.

$$$$$$$$$
    As far as I know there is no generic Arimidex~ and I am so thankful I have insurance...without it, it is $368.00 a Month!! I am not a mathmatical mensa member, but even I know that $368.00 times 5 YEARS is a lot of money! :-)

Grrrrrr, indeed!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Marcia527
    Options
    chenheart said:

$$$$$$$$$
    As far as I know there is no generic Arimidex~ and I am so thankful I have insurance...without it, it is $368.00 a Month!! I am not a mathmatical mensa member, but even I know that $368.00 times 5 YEARS is a lot of money! :-)

Grrrrrr, indeed!

Hugs,
    Claudia

Yeah, and I'm still thinking
    Yeah, and I'm still thinking about that goodie table! If you can't follow my thought pattern, that's ok. My husband can't either and I've known him for years.
  • chenheart
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

Yeah, and I'm still thinking about that goodie table! If you can't follow my thought pattern, that's ok. My husband can't either and I've known him for years.

Goodie Goodie!!
    I absolutely did follow the Goodie Table train of thought~ should I be afraid, be very afraid??? LOL

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Joycelouise
    Joycelouise Member Posts: 482
    Options
    chenheart said:

Goodie Goodie!!
    I absolutely did follow the Goodie Table train of thought~ should I be afraid, be very afraid??? LOL

Hugs,
    Claudia

Oh, my gosh! Maybe I need
    Oh, my gosh! Maybe I need to write a disclaimer (actual experience may vary) or all over the U.S. women will be going to chemo and asking "Where's the goodie table?" Hey, that's not a bad question...maybe the health industry has something to learn. Yum, Joyce
  • Marcia527
    Options

Oh, my gosh! Maybe I need
    Oh, my gosh! Maybe I need to write a disclaimer (actual experience may vary) or all over the U.S. women will be going to chemo and asking "Where's the goodie table?" Hey, that's not a bad question...maybe the health industry has something to learn. Yum, Joyce

I started an experiment to
    I started an experiment to see how 6 oz of beer and a brownie every night before bed affected my health. Don't anyone else try this unless you are a professional.
  • KathiM
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

I call this my 'speaking of sidewalks' mood....
    Wonderful thing, the mind. Too bad we can't explain it!

MMMMMMM, goodies....sorry, my dears...my center had a table, as well. Also, we sent one of the 'free' family memebers out for pizza or hamburgers (mmmmmm, In-N-Out hamburgers...lololol).

Hugs, Kathi
  • KathiM
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

I started an experiment to see how 6 oz of beer and a brownie every night before bed affected my health. Don't anyone else try this unless you are a professional.

...or operating with a net....
    I am laughing soooooo hard!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • chenheart
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

Professional what????
    I am doing the same thing except with Red Wine~ it's made from grapes, so that makes it one of the recommended 5 fruits a day, right???? Wine and chocolate~ what could be better????
    ( Don't answer that)

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

Pro beer drinker here
    Marcia, I always LOVE your 'Off the Cuff Remarks'. zany or what?........ I am a semi-pofessional lager drinker...Does that count?
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    chenheart said:

Professional what????
    I am doing the same thing except with Red Wine~ it's made from grapes, so that makes it one of the recommended 5 fruits a day, right???? Wine and chocolate~ what could be better????
    ( Don't answer that)

Hugs,
    Claudia

I think you're absolutely
    I think you're absolutely right Claudia, after all it's made from grapes. Cheers!!! LOL

Hugs, Lili