First day post-chemo

Options
2»

Comments

• sharkiejim
    sharkiejim Member Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks
    Happy New Year and my best wishes for your full recovery. My wife will be having a mastectomy and starting chemo the first of the year. I hope your treatment goes well and you continue to post about your progress because just as you get advice from others, you also pass on information to those who follow you. When I read the replies from all the wonderful people on this board I get a better understanding of what is ahead for us and it does give me at least some serenity. I haven't been able to get my wife to post anything yet--she says she's not ready--but I do read her my posts and all the replies I get.
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    Options

Thanks
    Happy New Year and my best wishes for your full recovery. My wife will be having a mastectomy and starting chemo the first of the year. I hope your treatment goes well and you continue to post about your progress because just as you get advice from others, you also pass on information to those who follow you. When I read the replies from all the wonderful people on this board I get a better understanding of what is ahead for us and it does give me at least some serenity. I haven't been able to get my wife to post anything yet--she says she's not ready--but I do read her my posts and all the replies I get.

I certainly hope her surgery
    I certainly hope her surgery and chemo goes well. We will all be thinking of her during her fecovery.
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options

Thanks

I hope all goes well Jim.
    I hope all goes well Jim. Tell your wife we are here whenever and if ever she wants to post. I hope that all our responses have helped answer any question you may have. Happy New Year and may you and your wife have a peaceful new year. Be strong. Hugs, Lili
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options

Thanks

Best wishes from a fellow BC husband
    I don't know where your wife is at this point, but my beloved little warrior was diagnosed 11/18/08, had a modified radical mastectomy 11/24/08 (the woman doesn't fool around), and just had the first of six TAC rounds yesterday. Good luck to your wife, and good luck to you too, Jim. We caregivers need to take care of ourselves so we can take the best possible care of our loved ones.

Joe
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    my first C/T on Jan. 7th 2009
    i also am waiting for the ill that accompany treatments ..so far so good. I may have false hope that i will fly through this without symptoms, at least its optomistic. I had a masectomy Dec. 2nd 2008 and there were 6 positive lymph nodes out of 21 taken. I had my first C/T Jan. 7th , so far so good. I am not looking forward to losing my hair which I am told will be about 2-3 weeks. I hope we can compare notes and pray for each other.