It has been two years in remission

Options
ladybug52
ladybug52 Member Posts: 41
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi Everyone I just colon doctor, and have set up a two year colonoscopy check-up. two years went by so fast, this time though Dr. Chaudhry prescribed the pills to take instead of the gallon of stuff to drink, having no problems but, did not have any three years ago when they found the cancer. That is what scares me the most. The Doctor said the cancer could always come back.

Hope everyone has a nice holiday, I have a colonoscopy to look forward to in January.

Ladybug

Comments

• CherylHutch
    CherylHutch Member Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Congratulations!
    Congratulations, Ladybug... for being two years NED! Your doctor is right... the cancer could always come back, but now you are so much more aware and by having regular, ongoing checkups, you would catch it very early and can treat it.

I was shocked when I was diagnosed... they figure I had had the tumour for 10 years by the time they found it!! And to think if I had had a colonoscopy any times in the previous 10 years before DX, they would have caught it that much earlier. But like you, and probably most everyone, I had no symptoms or reasons to think there was a problem. The things we think in hindsight :)

Huggggggs,

Cheryl
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options

Congratulations!
    Congratulations, Ladybug... for being two years NED! Your doctor is right... the cancer could always come back, but now you are so much more aware and by having regular, ongoing checkups, you would catch it very early and can treat it.

I was shocked when I was diagnosed... they figure I had had the tumour for 10 years by the time they found it!! And to think if I had had a colonoscopy any times in the previous 10 years before DX, they would have caught it that much earlier. But like you, and probably most everyone, I had no symptoms or reasons to think there was a problem. The things we think in hindsight :)

Huggggggs,

Cheryl

Hindsight...Cheryl, you crack me up!!
    Hugs, Kathi
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    A fine line....
    Your doctor is treading....

Yes, cancer can come back. And, other things can happen, too...

But, as long as we are vigilant, we will always catch it on the run!!!

Congrats for 3 years!!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    KathiM said:

Hugs, Kathi

BACK to the future!
    While we're at it, and a time machine is involved. Now THAT's something I could get excited about!
    mary
  • trainer
    trainer Member Posts: 241
    Options
    KathiM said:

Hugs, Kathi

Great name for a newsletter!
    Hi, I think Cheryl might have hit on a great name for your blog or a newsletter for Semicolons:
    Hindsight! I like it! Instead of chapters, they could be called "resections" A calendar could be called "Prep". Can't use Conondar, The Colon Club already uses that name.

OK, your turn...
  • kmygil
    kmygil Member Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
    Congratulations on 2 years!!! I love the very sound of N-E-D. Aren't those letters delicious to taste?

Kirsten
  • ldot123
    ldot123 Member Posts: 272
    Options
    kmygil said:

Congrats!
    Congratulations on 2 years!!! I love the very sound of N-E-D. Aren't those letters delicious to taste?

Kirsten

More good news
    Awesome Ladybug!!
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    ldot123 said:

More good news
    Awesome Ladybug!!

Ladybug
    Its not coming back so why dread it.You have to completely disregard even the slightest notion that it will return. Thinking about it is the Devils work at keeping you upset and ya know what I do? Whenever I start thinking about it I look up in the sky and ask "Will you take care of this for me?" He always has and always will. I've got a DisneyWorld vacation already planned for next October and a week in Panama City the next year. Ya know why ? cause in 6 more treatments I will have kicked cancers butt and theres no way its gonna keep me from planning and living my life the way that I want to.....I expect no less from you or anyone else in here. God,determination,and perserverance keeps us alive,as long as we keep all three we can't lose................God Bless ya hun