Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

nudgie
nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Have been out of work since 1 Oct 08 and still looking for full-time work. I am waiting tables until I can find something full-time. I never knew all the work associated with waiting tables and the hourly rate if $2.13 per hour. I call it cheap labor.

Anyways, just wanted to ask my family here to say a prayer for my son. He as accepted a position with his company at their headquarters in Chicago and will be moving and leaving the nest on Saturday, 13 Dec 08. In addition, he is also looking at purchasing a new home in the area so I will be going up for assistance and guidance on 18 Dec 08. Good news, he agreed to come home for Christmas :)

Besides being out of work, I am doing well and sorry I do not get to read or post here as often as before. I have no computer home and the one I use is at a local library which I get to about once or twice a week.

I WISH EVERYONE HERE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• kimby
    kimby Member Posts: 797
    Prayers
    I will pray for your job search and for your family as your son moves for this new opportunity. My oldest son graduated college in May and is really struggling to find work. He is in Texas (we live in Ohio) looking right now. The economy seems to be somewhat better there - less tied to the auto industry, I guess.

It is good that your son got this opportunity and I'm confident that you will, too!

Kimby
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    good to hear from you
    And will pray for your son. 2.13 PER HOUR? EEEEEKKKKK! And people have the nerve to complain about tipping? Of course, there's the whole discussion of why employers expect their customers to pay their employees salaries, but don't ALL customers pay ALL employees salaries??? It's just more obviously a direct connection when tipping is involved! Anyhow, I pray you find fulfilling work soon and that you enjoy the holidays with your family.
    mary
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Ho, ho, ho!
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, too! I'm glad you have a job, but I'm sorry you have to work so hard for so little. But I am grateful to know that you're feeling well enough to do so! I know you'll miss your son, but I hope things work out well for him. Enjoy him at Christmas!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • rrob
    rrob Member Posts: 158
    Prayers
    You and your family are in my prayers. Have a wonderful holiday season!

Rebecca
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I'm sending good vibes...
    For you AND your son!!!

Hugs, Kathi