My father in-law

Options
tootsie1
tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Just wanted to update on my earlier post. My husband called tonight and told me that his dad passed away about 9:45 pm. So I feel very good about "being brave" and encouraging Bill to go to Virginia today.

Gail

Comments

• dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your Loss
    I am truly sorry for the loss of your Father in law, my prayers are with you and your family. And I agree, being the brave one turned out to be the right choice!
    God Bless
    Beth
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    Options
    Condolences
    God Bless you and your husband in this difficult time. I know it is hard for you, but being brave at this time has helped your husband in immeasurable ways.

Many prayers are coming your way.

Vicki
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry
    I am so sorry for the loss of your father in law, but it sounds like it was blessed for him. It always amazes me when God manages to set things just right for us! Your husband will be forever grateful he was able to be with his father and family at this difficult time. My mother passed while I was recovering from surgery from my last recurrence and I was unable to be there until after she passed. I know i needed to tend to myself for my children's sake, but it was very hard; especially when I got a phone call from my twin while he was in the room with mother, asking me to say good-bye and tell mother it was ok for her to go. Makes me cry to remember, but I know it was right, and God was there for each of us at all times. I pray that your husband is strengthened in the days ahead and you are as well, that your health continues to improve and that you don't have any more scares. God bless you.
    mary
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    You are so brave, as I said before....
    I am sending my biggest hugs to you and hubby. He will remember your loving gesture forever. His dad is without pain now, and his son got to say 'Goodbye'. Soooooo important!

How are YOU, BTW???? Has the pain eased? Do NOT be a 'silent' hero about this-hubby needs you too much! And WE love you too much!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    KathiM said:

You are so brave, as I said before....
    I am sending my biggest hugs to you and hubby. He will remember your loving gesture forever. His dad is without pain now, and his son got to say 'Goodbye'. Soooooo important!

How are YOU, BTW???? Has the pain eased? Do NOT be a 'silent' hero about this-hubby needs you too much! And WE love you too much!!!

Hugs, Kathi

Not that silent
    I'm still a little weak, but no chest pains. Just the usual stomach pains. I have an appointment Friday with my favorite doctor.

Thanks for caring!

Gail