Done with chemo

Options
peterhw
peterhw Member Posts: 69
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
The day after Thanksgiving, I went to the clinic to disconnect the 5FU pump. Finally finished all 12 Folfox+Avastin treatments. I am thankful that I don't have any side effect other than minor constipation. And I still have all my hair. Now that the first phase of treatment is done. I will have CT scan on 12/08 and meet with onc 12/15 to discuss the 2nd phase of treatment. Most likely I will have surgery to remove the primary tumor in the rectum. Then deal with the liver mets later.
Another good news: I got a call from Social Security yesterday. They have approved my disability application. I am surprised that it only takes them 3 weeks to approve it. Hmm... Maybe they think I am dying? Anyway I will do my best to prove them wrong. I have paid social security tax for more than 20 years. Certainly will not give up that easily.

Hope you all have a nice holiday.

Peter

Comments

• Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Super News!
    Hi Peter,

Congratulations on completing all 12 treatments with minimal side effects. It sounds like you are on a great path to wellness. I'm glad your disability application went so smoothly.

Happy Holidays!

Hugs,

Kay
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    great news all around!
    That is really awesome that you have completed 12 rounds and are still feeling great! Just in time to enjoy the Christmas holidays! I am sure your surgery will go well! As far as social security, sounds like you are truly lucky! Let them think what they want as long as you get your money!
    mary
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    I am dancing!!!!
    Congrats! Finished!!!

AND for navigating SSI....I've been battling them for MONTHS with my daughter....

YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA!!!

NAKED HAPPY DANCE!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    Options
    Congrats!
    I am just starting the journey...at the beginning of week 3 with the 5FU pump. Ia m literally counting the days to 'unplug'. My side effects are a little more than yours - nausea (under control with meds) and mouth sores (these suck!) but my eye is on the prize, so I can do this for another month.

Here's hoping your CT scans show progress for you! Keep up the fight.

Vicki
  • changing2
    changing2 Member Posts: 118
    Options
    Great news!
    Happy for you!Take care
  • Sandi1
    Sandi1 Member Posts: 277
    Options
    Great News
    That's great news Peter. Like you my husband is having minimal side effects. Hope your CT Scan goes well and they find nothing.

Sandi