pet scan results

Options
angelsbaby
angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
My husband got the results from pet scan no new uptake everything is the same . no new spreading but he got enough cancer in him right now. stomach kidney liver and new tumor in the sigmoid area. My husband asked the doc about long chemo this past week he did not want to be sick for the turkey day so the doc said he could have the short chemo so he was not sick for thanksgiving and we rode the harley all weekend. he is having pains in his stomach probably from the cancer but overall he was feeling pretty good.His Doc is going to reduce his dosage for the long chemo because he is so sick we will see if it helps. the long chemo is camptosar erbitux 5 fu cannot have avastin because it is known for causing perforartion and with the new tumor in the colon the doc is concerned about it..

maybe i am selfish but i wanted the doc to say the cancer is shrinking but it is not. keep angel in your prayers please

thank you
michelle

Comments

• msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    prayers
    prayers for the both of you. I hope you two enjoyed thanksgiving and I KNOW you enjoyed the bike! Had good weather? If you are selfish for wanting to hear that the tumor has shrunk, then we are ALL selfish! We want more time with our loved ones, we don't want them to see us suffer, we don't want them to have to contemplate life without us... selfish NO WAY! You love Angel and want the time you thought you were promised back when you first met. How precious your time is right now and I am sure he knows how much you love him. Enjoy every day, every hour and fight for his rights to have dignity and comfort! It's amazing just how much the chemo that is supposed to give us extra time can steal from us while it is doing it's work! Be strong and let Angel know we care.
    mary
  • angelsbaby
    Options
    msccolon said:

prayers
    prayers for the both of you. I hope you two enjoyed thanksgiving and I KNOW you enjoyed the bike! Had good weather? If you are selfish for wanting to hear that the tumor has shrunk, then we are ALL selfish! We want more time with our loved ones, we don't want them to see us suffer, we don't want them to have to contemplate life without us... selfish NO WAY! You love Angel and want the time you thought you were promised back when you first met. How precious your time is right now and I am sure he knows how much you love him. Enjoy every day, every hour and fight for his rights to have dignity and comfort! It's amazing just how much the chemo that is supposed to give us extra time can steal from us while it is doing it's work! Be strong and let Angel know we care.
    mary

I WILL SURE TELL ANGEL
    THANKS MARY, WELL WE WENT UP TO PAYSON IN AZ IT WAS BEAUTIFUL IT WAS ABOUT 62 DEGREES BUT THAT WHY YOU WEAR LEATHERS JACKET CHAPS HE LOVES TO RIDE AND HE KNOWS HIS TIME IS LIMITED SO HE RIDES WHEN EVER HE FEELS GOOD AND SOMETIMES WHEN HE DOESN'T FEEL GOOD. BEING MARRIED FOR 34 YRS IT DOSN'T FEEL LIKE THAT NOW IF FEELS LIKE WE ARE JUST BEGINING AND ITS GOING TO COME TO A END SOON. SO EVERY MINUTE IS SPEACIAL SO THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR KIND WORDS AND WILL BE TELLING ANGEL ALL THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE THAT ARE PRAYING FOR HIM

MICHELLE
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options

I WILL SURE TELL ANGEL
    THANKS MARY, WELL WE WENT UP TO PAYSON IN AZ IT WAS BEAUTIFUL IT WAS ABOUT 62 DEGREES BUT THAT WHY YOU WEAR LEATHERS JACKET CHAPS HE LOVES TO RIDE AND HE KNOWS HIS TIME IS LIMITED SO HE RIDES WHEN EVER HE FEELS GOOD AND SOMETIMES WHEN HE DOESN'T FEEL GOOD. BEING MARRIED FOR 34 YRS IT DOSN'T FEEL LIKE THAT NOW IF FEELS LIKE WE ARE JUST BEGINING AND ITS GOING TO COME TO A END SOON. SO EVERY MINUTE IS SPEACIAL SO THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR KIND WORDS AND WILL BE TELLING ANGEL ALL THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE THAT ARE PRAYING FOR HIM

MICHELLE

34 years! WOW!
    We have all wished, at one time, that things were better than they are. That's the strength of human spirit. Nothing wrong with that at all....

I LOVE that you all have been together for so long, and yet everything stays new...good for you both!

I'm sending up my prayers...and sending hugs to you both...

Hugs, Kathi
  • angelsbaby
    Options
    KathiM said:

34 years! WOW!
    We have all wished, at one time, that things were better than they are. That's the strength of human spirit. Nothing wrong with that at all....

I LOVE that you all have been together for so long, and yet everything stays new...good for you both!

I'm sending up my prayers...and sending hugs to you both...

Hugs, Kathi

thanks kathi
    I got married at 16 and he was 18 had my first child at 18 we have had our share of problems but i love him and he loves me we work it out. thanks for the hugs and prayers we need them

michelle